What Did You Do This Weekend

• November 15, 2010 10:53 AM PST
    Tweek wrote...
    Bangin'...getting laid...I'm sensing a theme here. What could one expect at a place called Big Johnson's"?
    Catchy. Head to toe raincoats, anyone? JKLMFAO!!!
    Ride Free

Now that right there is funny.  Thanks for the laugh, Tweek !!

jb

• 580 posts
    November 21, 2010 5:00 PM PST
    We had an absolutely cracking weekend. More than 150 Yorkshire Bikers rode from Sherburn in Elmet to Ripon Market Square to present £2k of toys and gifts and £1300 cash to the Salvation Army for families at Christmas. I've uploaded the you tube of the ride into the square on my albums. You can see me, Ethel and Shaun, with Yorkie around about 1:54 mins in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNeahHU76BM&feature=player_embedded />
    We were greeted by the Mayor of Ripon (even Shaun got to meet them too - see Shaun's pics that will be posted later this week). The ride was so well marshalled we didn't have to stop at any traffic lights or junctions - such a smooth ride with plenty of support from folk in the towns and villages along the way. Also clapping and cheering from the locals as we rode into Ripon. Even the weather stayed with us - didn't rain until it was time to come home. Ethel stood proud on her new tyres and Shaun made many more new friends.

It certainly made us all feel proud to be Yorkshire and of course of being Yorkshire Bikers.

We're STILL buzzing

Hugs (o:
  • g
    November 21, 2010 7:20 PM PST
    great work choc .
  • November 21, 2010 11:25 PM PST
    Got my old Kaw with the sidecar running again. Traced an electrical problem to a wire that was was shorting out on the frame when I hit a bump and kill the engine. Insulation must have been only a few molecules thick, could see the outline of the wires. Checked it out several times, couldn't feel a shock when you touched it, but when I'd touch the frame with it, it would kill the engine. Wrapped it well, put in a new battery and off we went. Took a short ride in 75 degree temps. Great Sunday afternoon!
    • 2 posts
    November 22, 2010 12:40 AM PST
     Olenorthpole
    Got my old Kaw with the sidecar running again.

Come on, give us details of your scooter. - 3 wheelers have next to no appeal for me but always hankered for a sidecar ride. - The Ural seems just the ride for the Northeast

• November 22, 2010 1:32 AM PST
    Put a bunch of miles on the ride. Great weekend that started Friday and ended Sunday. Too bad this weather won't last forever...gonna get COLD soon. Bummer!
  • November 22, 2010 10:31 AM PST
    I didn't do diddly squat.......my race was concelled due to rain, my bike ride was cancelled due to rain.....oh wait I did go to the movies to see SAW 3D. Not really into the gory shows but this one is twisted and I like seeing the contraptions they invent for ..........there ain't no way to say it except torture and pian. But it's interesting.....guess I'm just a little twisted myself.
    • 0 posts
    November 22, 2010 11:11 AM PST
    I didn't do much either. I had a bad cold, so I cranked the pellet stove up and laidaround and read a couple of good books, waiting for the snow to get here.
    • 58 posts
    November 22, 2010 1:35 PM PST
    For me, the usual. This was my work weekend. Came "this" close to being able to spend Sun with Badinfluence. 'Course dispatch had to stick their nose into things...and change my loads.
    • 5420 posts
    November 22, 2010 1:37 PM PST
    Sunday Laura and I had a great time hanging out with our good friends Russ & Cindy (BikerCrap), and Kevin & Bea.  We all met up at a little hole-in-the-wall bar called Sporty's.  We watched the NASCAR race, and a little football.  And of course got a little wild and crazy...

Russ....Cindy....Lucky....Laura....Kevin....Bea
    • 1516 posts
    November 22, 2010 2:48 PM PST
    ahh, I am sorry to have missed out on seeing all of you! Such a fun crowd!! I am really wondering what Kevin has on his mind..
    • 5420 posts
    November 22, 2010 3:09 PM PST
    debrajo62 wrote...
    ahh, I am sorry to have missed out on seeing all of you! Such a fun crowd!! I am really wondering what Kevin has on his mind..

We missed you guys too.  Everytime we go to Sporty's we think of you and Steve!

• March 13, 2011 1:44 PM PDT
    Had a great weekend here. My son, his wife and two grandkids were here all week and just left today. Grandkids are finally big enough the my husband and I could tak ethem out for a short ride on the bikes. Still fairly cold here, but they enjoyed the heck out of it!
    • 58 posts
    March 13, 2011 2:51 PM PDT
    Surprise birthday party for my wife. Also cashed in my Christmas gift from her: a ride with me on my bike (10 miles round trip). Did the trip in for the party then back home. She wanted more so went around the neighborhood. Then into town to meet the kids for dinner, then more , then more.... Did 90 miles by the time we made it back home. After 30 years, I finally have my riding buddy!
    • 0 posts
    March 13, 2011 7:00 PM PDT
    Rode alittle drank alot. Oh and went to Alan Jackson concert....Rode around bar hopping with Marni afterwards and had a bloody ball doin it..Nothing like the sound of a shovel at 3am on empty city streets...CHEERS BOOF
  • March 22, 2011 1:09 AM PDT
    Help fix a new closet shelf organizer and clothes bar for new grandson and mom.  Also occupy the mind of a 15 month old brother while mom and grandmom were "Takin care of business".                  
  • March 22, 2011 1:23 AM PDT
    Lets see....rode....sprayed some dandilions....rode...helped momma plant her flowers...rode....painted mailbox post, mailbox and house numbers....rode some more. Now that my spring chorers are done I can spend more time riding! LOL
    • 58 posts
    March 22, 2011 11:59 AM PDT
    WORKED!!!
    • 0 posts
    March 22, 2011 12:03 PM PDT
    Drank beer and worked on "old noisey" the ironhead...
    • 5420 posts
    April 17, 2011 4:48 PM PDT
    We had a great weekend!!!

On Saturday we went for a short ride toward the beach and wound up hanging out at a couple of old favorites in Costa Mesa.  First we stopped at the Pierce Street Annex.  This is a cool place because when you order a hamburger, they give you a beef patty, a bun and the fixin's, then point you toward the grill to cook your own!!!

After the burger we headed over to the Goat Hill Tavern.  They claim to have the most draft beers in any bar in So California... and I believe them.  The wall of tpas is probably 25-30 feet long.  There we played some pool and met new friends.  Jeff, one of the people we met was celebrating his birthday and heading over to pick up his new Road Glide in the morning.  He was stoked because it had been years since he had owned a bike, but now that the kids were all grown up and it being his birthday and all, he was giving himself a great present.  Oh yeah, Laura finally found a BUFFALO!!!

Sunday we took the Ortega Highway up over the mountain, rode around Lake Elsinor and then south to vist the Grand Kids (and the kids to I guess, but we really only care about the grand kids.  After that we headed down to the avacado groves in the Fallbrook area.  It was the Avacado Festival, but we decide not to go mess with the crowd downtown.  Instead we stopped by and visited a co-worker of Laura's who was having their own BBQ to celebrate Avacado Day.

We decide to head stright over to the beach in No San Diego and head north along the coast on the way home.  Not the best idea since it was about 60° over there and I didn't bring my leather jacket!!!  It wasn't that bad though, because we were on our way home from a great ride!
  • April 17, 2011 5:19 PM PDT
    Looks like we may get to ride soon. The weather has been above freezing most nights lately. Now if the rain would stop we should avoid having ice on the roads in and out of the valley (they all go 4500'+.) We spent the weekend building deck frames. As soon as the Redwood Decking comes in we can finish up. And that will warrant and deserve a RIDE! Hope the weather holds out!
  • April 18, 2011 5:06 AM PDT
    I watched it rain on and off all weekend, actually more on than off... so I hang out in the garage and do what ever.
    • 202 posts
    April 21, 2011 9:37 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Well went to eat and drink and drink with friends, shopped and oh got my first TATTOO,ouch

sweet... you do realize that they are addicting.  No one stops at just one! 
  • April 22, 2011 3:36 AM PDT
    Lost some money in Vegas, what else!
  • May 13, 2011 7:38 AM PDT
    work im a DUI cop so Friday and Saturday night are out but i love Sunday Monday and Tuesday