What Did You Do This Weekend

• April 28, 2010 2:55 AM PDT
     Well, I sat in the garden! However, followed the first exploits of some UK mates of mine who are at present riding somewhere along Route 66 and getting some ace pics and video footage to bring back. They're all on Harleys  - not my fav type of bike but great for that kind of tour I guess
    • 5420 posts
    August 1, 2010 3:06 AM PDT
    Had a pretty good weekend so far, with one little hitch.  On Friday night we went to see Trace Adkins, and Toby Keith.  A friend of ours who sells high-end guitars knows the lead guitar player for Trace Adkins, so we had great seats and got them FREE.  I was wearing a button down Harley Shirt and during the break the guy behind me taps me on the shoulder, hands me his card and tells me he likes my shirt.  It wound up being Oliver Shokouh.  Most riders in So California will no who that is, but not anywhere else.  Oliver is kind of a local legend with riders here in So Cal...He owns Glendale H-D, and is well known for starting the Love Ride, which has gone on for 26 year and is recognized as the largest one-day motorcycle event in the world. By the way, because some issues last year, it was the first year the Love Ride had to be cancled.  But Oliver assured me that the Love Ride will be back this year, with Jay Leno leading the ride as always!

The hitch in the weekend came on the way home. On the way to the show I remember telling myself "get gas on the way home", but of course I forgot.  So here we are 12:30 at night running down the car pool lane at 80 when the engine just goes baaaaawwww.....Luckily we were on a slight down grade so I not only had the speed to coast to the side, but I knew if I coasted to level ground the fuel in the front of the tank would move to the rear and the fuel line.  It did, and with a little side to side wobbling, I was able to get to the next exit which luckily had fuel.  Damn I miss having a reserve!!!

Yesterday was a full house of family day.  Since we will be in Sturgis for my birthday, and my son's b-day is today, we celebrated yesterday.  The entire family was here including my sister and her grandkids.  Man I just love getting the entire family together...what a great time.  But those grandkinds can wear me out like you wouldn't believe.  Two straight hours of "Grandpa, chase me", another hour or so of "Grandpa, find me", and a couple hours in the pool - By time they left I felt like I ran a marathon.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything...I just love hearing Kaitlynn yell "Grandpa..."

• August 1, 2010 3:15 AM PDT
    I had a three day weekend this weekend.  On Friday, I changed the oil on my C 90T, then cruised up to Siesta Key in Sarasota.  Hands down the nicest beach in Florida, and among the the top beaches in the country.  Saturday I took my son to Sharky's pier in Venice. And today, I'm going to change the air filter, wash and wax and go for a short ride along the coast, before hitting a movie with the wife.
    • 19040 posts
    August 1, 2010 3:49 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear of your problem there Lucky. Sounds like a good show though. Yeah, I heard of Oliver. A good friend of mine, sadly now deceased (see my photos of Stretch), who was also a Harley dealer spoke of him.
    I was fortunate enough to go on an Inaugural ride with my long time friend Alien and his brand new shiny black (is there any other color?) Ultra. Coincidentally purchased from Stretch's dealership. I think he still has a foot wide grin on his face.

Yeah, grand-kids can wear you out!!!!

• 5420 posts
    August 17, 2010 4:38 AM PDT
    We rode 2,000 miles through every major desert in the Southwest United States...and loved every minute of it!
    • 568 posts
    August 17, 2010 5:03 AM PDT
    went ta the Independents (of Ireland) rally, got ta stay fer the after-party as well, had a ball and i'm still on the recovering curve...
  • August 17, 2010 6:49 AM PDT
    Sat. morn rode my bike to work making decals for a muffler shop that put an exhaust on my race car at a discount rate. Went to the track with my race team (husband and son). Started on the pole in my heat and broke a rocker arm putting me out of the main event. Hubby pulled off due to overheating problems, son started in back and drove his way up to a 5th place finish (way to go boy!) Interviewed the poidium finishers (1st thru 3rd) in 8 divisions that ran that night. Went home frustrated for not getting to race.

Woke up Sun morn and started cleaning the pool. After 6 hours I got a floaty, cold drink and promptly got sunburned. Must have forgotten to use the sunscreen. Waited for hubby and son to get back from wake boarding. Fed them a wonderful dinner being the domestic goddess that I am. Past up sex for having lotion rubbed on my sunburn.

Lucky me, sunburn all better now.......................
  • August 17, 2010 2:15 PM PDT
    We were planning a ride to see Marshal Tucker in Vernon Until the rain came. But Sunday ride, we drove up in the car & sat in the rain & watched the bands. Dam rain on the only day we have off.
  • August 17, 2010 3:49 PM PDT
     Went to the beach Friday afternoon at Chincoteague Virginia. Spent Saturday fishing in the Atlantic with Ray1340 and my buddy Bill. Ray got sunburned all to hell! We started partying Saturday night and finally finished up Tuesday morning around 1 am... Woke up around 10:30 am Tuesday and headed back to Seaford Delaware. SHEW!!!! They was some big headaches around the smouldering campfire Tuesday... Lots of bloodshot eyes also! Yep!!! It was a good weekend... Rest a day or so and saddle up an head off to West Virginia...  YaHoo!!!  Sarge...
  • August 18, 2010 10:13 AM PDT
    I hung out at the bar by I-15 watching everyone go by on their way home from Sturgis...wishing I was one of them
    • 2072 posts
    August 18, 2010 11:24 AM PDT
    Got a big poker run coming up this weekend and we were lucky enough to score one of the last camp spots at the finish. So, will take the camping trailer up Friday morning then come home and get the bike (I gotta buy a Toyhauler!!). Friday night we have a ton of bikers gonna come party with us, Poker Run Saturday then party again Saturday night. Sunday, IF I still have a pulse, we may take the ski boat out !!! SHOULD be a good weekend !!!!!
    • 1780 posts
    August 19, 2010 2:42 AM PDT
    Got attacked by a huge fat chick with no teeth.......Man I love this business, almost had to rope her like a wild steer, handcuff's wouldn't fit her.
  • August 19, 2010 2:48 AM PDT
    DRAGON!!!!! I can hear the jowls slappin from here!!! LOL
    • 5420 posts
    August 21, 2010 5:58 PM PDT
    I am just going to rest up this weekend. Did take Riley racing today and that will be the most I do for the rest of the weekend!!! If you need me tomorrow I be sleeping in the back yard!
    • 1780 posts
    August 22, 2010 2:15 AM PDT
    Hey last night was fun....some chick tried to make off with out paying the check, and I took foot pursuit. I think she might have gotten away if it wasn't for those tennis balls on her walker slowing her down some. There are some very rich blue hair's hang out where I work. I'm hoping one might adopt me as her canabana boy. Hell I'll even rub her feet and cut her toe nails if need be.
    Dragon
    • 19040 posts
    August 22, 2010 2:37 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    Hey last night was fun....some chick tried to make off with out paying the check, and I took foot pursuit. I think she might have gotten away if it wasn't for those tennis balls on her walker slowing her down some. There are some very rich blue hair's hang out where I work. I'm hoping one might adopt me as her canabana boy. Hell I'll even rub her feet and cut her toe nails if need be.
    Dragon

You be SICK Friend!!!

Three of my friends and I took a private memorial ride for a lost brother. We went to the last place we all had lunch at a few years ago. You are still missed Stretch! To see who Stretch was check my album 2nd memorial ride...

It is Raining today so gonna do a bit of reading after Riley takes me for a walk

• g
    August 22, 2010 8:15 AM PDT
    had a shite weekend ,niver got out on the bike ,was doing the garden the day ,daughter got a rabbit last week so i had to lay some slabbs down so the hutch can go in the back garden,then i ave ma bike a wee service ,looked over the chain and sprockets and took out the pads and gave them a gid clean .
  • August 22, 2010 9:50 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    Dragon

Geezus Man!!!! That is painting a very vivid (and not pretty) picture! Damn near like the ol' hippy dude my nephew bought a boat trailer from... showed up at the door buck naked in a towel and then went out and did a hurdle over the rail.... had to laugh at my nephew's comment about the gray hair ba... *nasty*!!! HA HA HA!!! 

• August 22, 2010 9:56 AM PDT
    Barbequed up some ribs and had a family get together ~ good weekend... now to mow the lawn... in my helmet and leathers... HA!
    • 2072 posts
    August 22, 2010 1:51 PM PDT
    Spent the weekend partying with a bunch of harry legged bikers (oh yea, there were some guys there also). Camped at our local lake Friday & Saturday night. Poker Run Saturday followed by BBQ, good music, cold beer and good looking ladies !!!!! All in all, a GREAT weekend !!!
    • 58 posts
    August 22, 2010 2:36 PM PDT
    Working....Don't get a weekend till Labor day... Or find a way to carry the Road King on my semi that the boss won't object to... Have good one guys and be safe...
  • August 22, 2010 2:57 PM PDT
    Bruce came over Sat and took me over to watch some horse riding going on -- never seen it before but minnesota mounted shooters -- way cool... saw a girl I used to work with WAY up north and hadn't seen for around 10 years so was shooting the shit with her as her family is all involved in it -- went back to watch the kiddies do it --- amazing -- 5 to 12 year olds "acting" like they are shooting at the targets while riding the horse!!! they were awesome. Told Bruce we'd better get going before I go to jail for stealing a horse to ride ... so on his bike we went it was a good weekend but sure miss those horses!!!!
  • August 23, 2010 12:52 AM PDT
    Rough weekend, worked on Daughter's house Sat. fixing drawers, doors, putting up new lights, patching holes in the wall, from kiddos. Visited some friends in Killeen, drank too much wine(try Chocovine wine very good). Took grand kiddos( 4 of eight) to see great grand parents to San Antonio and spent the day working on there computers. Glad to be at work so I can get some rest.........
    • 5420 posts
    August 30, 2010 4:15 AM PDT
    Man I did a little bit of everything this weekend...

Saturday started by cleaning out the garage so I would have some room to work on the bike.  Once the garage was clean I changed my plugs, and repaired a loose baffle in one of my pipes.  Saturday afternnon and night was remote control truck racing with my son.  He had a great qualifier, but his main race wasn't his best.  He finished 5th, and that moved him down to 4th for the season point series.

Sunday morning I rode down to OC Harley Davidson for the Red Cross Blood Drive.  The turn out was a little disappointing, and don't think the Red Cross got as many donations as they hoped for.  After that, the family headed over to the beach where some friends of ours were camping.  It turned out that the kids had invited every one of their friends for a end of summer party, so it would up being like 8 adults and over 30 7th and 8th graders.  I was still and good time family day.
    • 1 posts
    August 30, 2010 4:53 AM PDT
    Finally got to have a M&G.....WannaRide, her hubbie and I took the nickle tour of the area. Shopped at Gowanda Harley. Had a great time.....Then I had to go to work.