What Did You Do This Weekend

• 638 posts
    December 19, 2011 2:45 AM PST
    finished Christmas shopping and went to New Orleans for the New Orleans Bowl to see my team beat San Diego
  • December 20, 2011 1:30 AM PST
    Made a batch of Nut Brown Ale with my hubby!!!!  
    • 844 posts
    December 20, 2011 2:49 AM PST
    Party at StreetBobGirl's!!!

We're gonna need one of those for each member of CycleFish. I suggest you work fast 'cause we're on our way
  • December 22, 2011 5:28 AM PST
    LOL!!! We'll do our best, GoFur!
    • 5420 posts
    January 2, 2012 2:45 AM PST
    My Christmas gift to Laura's Mom was a day at the race track.  She loves the ponies but hasn't been to the track in over 10 years.  So yesterday we spent the day at the track.  I pretty much donated my money picking horses with cool names and Laura and her mom both came out a little bit ahead.

I mean come on... how could horses like Lucky Tiby, Have A Cigar and Rye Whiskey loose!!!!!

• 1161 posts
    January 2, 2012 4:36 PM PST
    I finished my bike painted and clear coated along with the name plates (also painted and clear coated) and back together, just waiting to ride it now. Will post pics when I can.
  • January 16, 2012 11:33 AM PST
    Hey everyone, just thought I share my race results from the Rock n Roll event in PHX yesterday.
    Last minute registration and only 7 days of 'training' after a 3 month hiatus to heal a bummed knee, I didn't do too bad in the 1/2 marathon.
    I am use to finishing under two hours with a PR time of 1:42 but had to readjust my mental state and just go for it, INSANE; just too damn competitive. However, I had a hamstring muscle cramp between 7 & 8 mile, never experience it before, forced myself to stop and massage it, lost about 5 minutes there, and again at about 9 mile, lost another 5 minutes, darn it!!
    Anyway, had a strong finish and official time was 2:07:59, placed 125th in my age group, 5379 overall out of about 25,000 runners!!! YAY!!! Knee survived it and recovering well today!
    Ideal temps in PHX made the event worthwhile!! Ran the full marathon last year and did great!
    I am training for a marathon later in the Spring and another one in the Fall; in the meantime, I train by running/racing in 1/2 marathons, and longer distances about once/month! Not bad for a 51 yr old grandmother!! haha!
    • 5420 posts
    January 30, 2012 5:09 AM PST
    With the great weather yesterday I just had to pull out the bike for a LONG ride - well that didn't work!

I headed out and my first stop as always was Cook's Corner - the local biker watering hole that's only about 5 miles from my house.  Well the 80° weather meant that everyone who had a bike in the are was there, there must have been 200 bikes parked outside and a LONG wayt down the street.  So my long ride turned into hanging out at Cook's, drinking a couple of beers with friends, listening to the bands and wandering through the bikes... Check out the bare bones custom in the pictrure below.  I just love a bike that has nothing more than it needs to go!

Then I made my long 5 mile journey home!  Still a GREAT DAY!!!!

• January 30, 2012 5:48 AM PST
    Cleaned the bike and serriously considered a 70 mile round trip to buy a new battery. The stock Harley battery lasted six years and ten months. I can't bitch.

• 844 posts
    February 21, 2012 1:40 AM PST
    I went to my first ever NBA game yesterday. We were over in Dallas visiting family and my brother in-law surprised me with tickets to the Mavs / Celtics game. And we won!

I always thought basketball would be hard to watch in person unless you were right down at the floor, and it was kind of. We had decent seats but still hard to see exactly what was going on. But just being there in person and screaming with all the other Mav fans was worth it. All you really need to know when you are there in person is whos got possession and who scored - so you can yeah or boo

We had a great time and I thank my brother in law Tom for taking me
    • 9 posts
    February 21, 2012 1:45 AM PST
    Spent a fair amount of time helping with some formerly homeless, gettin' them some necessities. On top of that, I daydream alot about my life, and the plan that the maker has for me. I want to minister off the back of a Harley.
    But I don't have that Harley, yet. So I do a lot of prayin' and readin'. Hopin' HE see's where my heart lies.
    And...thinkin' about Daytona. It's only a few weeks off, now. And I'm gettin' that familiar itch. Jeez, I don't want to
    be on the sidelines, again this year. Put me in Coach!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 16834 posts
    February 21, 2012 4:17 AM PST
    Watched NASCAR, NHRA and worked on the project.
  • February 21, 2012 5:01 AM PST
    Well the weather is still too cold to ride so on Saturday went with some friends to watch other friends drink and bowl, then went to local Harley dealership to spend some money then went to Red Robin for a late lunch. Sunday I pretty much staid in my jammies and held down the couch. Not a bad weekend. Can't wait for riding weather though.
    • 5420 posts
    February 21, 2012 5:01 AM PST
    We went to the Richard Nixon Library, Museum and Birthplace.  I can't believe I had never been there before since it's like 40 minutes from the house and I like all types of history stuff.  We were just sitting around yesterday morning and Laura read in the paper that admission was free for President's Day.  So we grabbed the boy - are 15 year old son - and headed over.  I thought my son would be bored out of his mind, but surprisingly enough he was pretty into it.  In addition to the history and bio of Nixon, they had lots of stuff like Astronaut Suits, the Presidential Limo, a piece of the Berlin Wall and Marine One - the Presidential Helicopter.  And the entire complex is actually built around the actual house where Nixon was born.

All in all it was a fun family day, and I think my son learned a few things in the process.  Think were going to visit the Ronald Regan Library & Museum next... they have Regan's Air Force One which I'm sure Riley and I would both find interesting.

• February 21, 2012 5:03 AM PST
    Looks like you had yourself a great weekend!
  • February 21, 2012 5:05 AM PST
     Oh yeah I drank pretty much alone this weekend, the wife was working so I am all set for next weekend!
  • February 21, 2012 7:09 AM PST
    Went down to Phoenix ..........ran another HALF MARATHON (HM) on Sunday!! (I run at least 1 per month).
    Gives us a chance to visit our first (and only) grandbaby too so we get our 'FIX' ............haha!
    Watched NASCAR when we came home (we recorded it).
    Great weekend overall!!

Next HM race is 3/11, a technical trail race at that, love those!!!

• 5420 posts
    February 21, 2012 7:52 AM PST
    Black9 wrote...
    Looks like you had yourself a great weekend!

Yeah I did.  sometimes we ust get so busy we forget to do just some simple family things.  It was great and I think my son learned a little bit.

• 823 posts
    February 26, 2012 11:43 AM PST

• February 26, 2012 12:09 PM PST
    This weekend I worked & studied & did homework. Yeah, I know, b-o-r-i-n-g!
    But the best thing was that I got to open a special pkg. from a good CF friend who sent me a print of one of my fav pics he had taken during his stay in MS. I call it Donna's Dock, even though he gave it a much more professional title. Luv it! Now I can look at it every once in a while & escape to my dock. Hmmm, if only Riley could join me!
    • 5420 posts
    February 27, 2012 12:03 AM PST
    Well Friday night we decided to just go out by ourselves, so we headed over to Mugs Away in Laguna Niguel.  Mugs is a little hole in the wall bar that only holds maybe 50 people but can be lots of fun.  There was a band there we had never heard before that consisted of 5 retired guys living their dream of playing in a Rock 'n Roll Band.  They were actually pretty good - did a lot of Beatles, Stones, and other 60s and 70s music.  So we spent the night going back and forth between palying pool and dancing.

Saturday I got everything done I needed to so I could have all Sunday to hang out at Sporty's and watch the Daytona 500.

Sunday we got up ate a good breakfast - cause we knew we would probable forget to eat the rest of the day - and headed out to Sporty's in Corona to hang out with our good friends Russ and Cindy (BikerCrap) to watch the race.  We also met some new friends Randy and Cindy there and another buddy, Ray showed up.  Well of course we didn't get to see a race, just watched it rain in Daytona while the cars stay covered up.  We did have a great time though just hanging with friends over some beers. 
  • February 27, 2012 12:31 AM PST
    I watched it freaking rain, as its doing it right now, walked on the beach during non rain, made the I wanta do list and babble with all you fine folks. have a great one! "T"
    • 3 posts
    February 27, 2012 2:47 AM PST
    took the toy hauler out to Lake Baryessa there was nobody there had to whole place for ourselfs, it was hot and we jumped into the water which was so cold that we came out faster that we went in, took the bike and rode around the lake stopped at a bar for a beer it was a great week end
    so long
    • 1516 posts
    February 27, 2012 5:37 AM PST
    The kids and I went and bought ourselves a brand new beautiful Smart 47 inch TV. 3D. It is so nice and the glasses are much better than the ones at the Show.. thank goodness. First major purchase for them. Garrett spent the whole weekend getting the surround sound just perfect and getting everything all set up. It was fun to watch,(since all I had to do was watch for once!) They are so proud of it. The rest of the time I cleaned and cleaned.. oh yeah, spent time with my Mom which is 89 years young. Decided Sundays lunch are to be shared with her weekly. Life is Good!!
    • 834 posts
    March 7, 2012 4:53 AM PST
    Went to the NASCAR race out at the speedway! It was a great race and of course the party in the parking lot and infield were fun as usual. No pics on my computer here at work. If I remember I'll post some when I get home.