What Did You Do This Weekend

• October 21, 2010 10:51 PM PDT
    highrisk wrote...
    Had a great weekend in the woods in the pursuit of Bambi.... Didn't shoot one. The experiences in the outdoors is awesome... Saw lotsa wildlife on the four legged kind. Campfire, good friends and fresh air
    Don't forget to open the gun case for your soxs....

• 1780 posts
    October 22, 2010 1:38 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    I had a rough weekend.  Went remote control truck racing with my son.  I was on the track to help flip the trucks back over during practice when this truck flew off a jump and hit me square in the knee cap.  I know you're all thinking it was just a toy car...wrong.  These are pros with trucks made of super reinforced chassis and can reach speeds of 35 mph+.  This car hit so hard that the chassis broke in half...on my knee.  Luckily one of the racers there is an EMT so he patched me up.  The cut was so deep that when I bent my knee you could see my knee cap.  It is no longer the size of a basketball, but it still hurts like hell.

Damn Lucky my knee hurts just reading your post....see your knee cap....oh hell no ! Might want to start wearing catcher shin guards next time.
    Dragon

• October 22, 2010 5:41 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    I had a rough weekend.  Went remote control truck racing with my son.  I was on the track to help flip the trucks back over during practice when this truck flew off a jump and hit me square in the knee cap.  I know you're all thinking it was just a toy car...wrong.  These are pros with trucks made of super reinforced chassis and can reach speeds of 35 mph+.  This car hit so hard that the chassis broke in half...on my knee.  Luckily one of the racers there is an EMT so he patched me up.  The cut was so deep that when I bent my knee you could see my knee cap.  It is no longer the size of a basketball, but it still hurts like hell.

Damn! had no idea RC cars was a full contact sport! LOL I hope you feel better Buddy. WOW
    • 844 posts
    November 2, 2010 4:10 AM PDT
    I had the best weekend I have had in a long time. One big reason is I am finally living full time with the family again in our new place in the Houston area. Some may remember I had to take a job here, with the family home being in Dallas. So I got home every Friday night late, spent Saturday catching up on chores, Sunday morning with the kids, and back on the road Sunday night.

Well this weekend I rode all day Saturday. Not even sure where I was most of the time, but I know damn sure I was on my bike. Sunday we carved pumpkins in the morning, fixed up a play area in the back yard for the kids, and then went Trick-or-Treating on Sunday night.

Man I love my family!!!!
    • 580 posts
    November 2, 2010 6:32 AM PDT
    So glad you had a super time Gofur and that you can now do this much more often with your family. Take care and hugs (o:
    • 58 posts
    November 2, 2010 4:25 PM PDT
    Let's see....Friday was in Dallas, Saturday to Amarillo, Sunday to Denver... Just work as usual. Only 2 more days to freedom!
    • 580 posts
    November 3, 2010 11:28 AM PDT
    RufCut wrote...
    Let's see....Friday was in Dallas, Saturday to Amarillo, Sunday to Denver... Just work as usual. Only 2 more days to freedom!

And well deserved freedom too - after you've done all those honey-do's of course

Hugs (o:
    • 601 posts
    November 3, 2010 12:04 PM PDT
    Went on the lash last saturday and stumbled home 'round and about 3 am..so sunday was a "wife-no-speak day", prepped the bike for winter..new plugs..oil+filter..coolant...fork oil..battery re charge..brake and clutch fluid and a wee bit of TLC on the bodywork, all in all a SBW weekend (Silent But Worthwhile) now this weekend is gonna be costly,'cos its gonna be a "husband says sorry" weekend.

But it also might be worthwhile.......mind yer own business ye fecken degenerates!!!!
    • 58 posts
    November 3, 2010 12:07 PM PDT
    And I thought you were my friend...  There a re a few things on the list.. Change oil: Tami and car.  Fix #1 son's pickup.  New gravel on driveway.  Fix Daughter's 4runner.  Ride.  Ride.  Ride.  Haven't even started and I'm tired already.  I need a beer! 
    • 58 posts
    November 3, 2010 12:09 PM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    Went on the lash last saturday and stumbled home 'round and about 3 am..so sunday was a "wife-no-speak day", prepped the bike for winter..new plugs..oil+filter..coolant...fork oil..battery re charge..brake and clutch fluid and a wee bit of TLC on the bodywork, all in all a SBW weekend (Silent But Worthwhile) now this weekend is gonna be costly,'cos its gonna be a "husband says sorry" weekend.

I ain't saying a thing! 

But it also might be worthwhile.......mind yer own business ye fecken degenerates!!!!

• 2 posts
    November 4, 2010 3:52 AM PDT
    Grand Canyon of PA a couple of weekends ago - Nice day trip - When I get better tires will try the forest roads @ the end of the rim trail.
    In the 19th century guys w/ stones the size of basketballs forested this area for mine timbers. - The bicycle trail was the roadbed of the RR
    • 2 posts
    November 4, 2010 3:56 AM PDT
    They run an excursion train in the general area of the PA Grand Canyon - Not sure where it starts or ends - Rolling stock looks to be in good shape
    • 19040 posts
    November 4, 2010 5:35 AM PDT
    Hey Savage, I have been there many times. Way back when I hiked a lot I did all the trails in that area. Absolutely beautiful part of PA. That train starts at Wellsboro Junction, on route 287 just a little north of Wellsboro. I do not know how far north it goes, probably into NY at least. Did you eat in the Wellsboro Diner?
    • 2 posts
    November 5, 2010 1:19 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Hey Savage, I have been there many times. Way back when I hiked a lot I did all the trails in that area. Absolutely beautiful part of PA. That  . . . . Did you eat in the Wellsboro Diner?

Yeh, good day trip summer or winter. - Great place to XCountry - Arguably the prettiest town in America - Usually eat @ the diner - Next year when I have new tires want to try out the Forest Service roads @ the end of the Rim Trail

Totally unrelated but when riding North of Watkins Glen, along the East side of Seneca Lake found possibly the most melancholy thing I have ever seen. - Noticed a small pillar in a clump of woods & checked it out, expecting the foundation of a house. - Instead  was the really pretty but really lonely resting place of somebodies wife.
  • November 5, 2010 1:25 PM PDT

• 2 posts
    November 8, 2010 12:23 AM PST
    jbasile:

I'm impressed, where were you?

• November 8, 2010 10:06 PM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    jbasile:

I'm impressed, where were you?
    Savage, that road is SR-97 (called the Hawks nest) near Port Jervis NY.  Something I'd googled and wanted to ride.  The other is the Starrucca Viaduct.  Not certain where we were when we stumbled upon that but I think around 30 miles south of Binghamton.  Ride safe.

• 58 posts
    November 9, 2010 2:02 AM PST
    WOW, beautiful country!
  • g
    November 9, 2010 7:00 AM PST
    some cool photos ,i never done much ,weathers not that good ,watched the gp bikes ,waz a good race for lorenzo .
    • 19040 posts
    November 9, 2010 11:14 PM PST
    Hey Savage, what a find. Rest in Peace Annie!
  • November 10, 2010 10:24 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Hey Savage, what a find. Rest in Peace Annie!

That IS an interesting find.  Makes one wonder the story behind it all.  Savage we'll have to see if we cant bang out a few miles next season.  That grave site wasn't on rt 414 was it? 

Yup, RIP Annie.

jb

• 2 posts
    November 11, 2010 12:41 AM PST
    jb:
    That IS an interesting find.  Makes one wonder the story behind it all.  Savage we'll have to see if we cant bang out a few miles next season.  That grave site wasn't on rt 414 was it? 

Yup; East side of 414, 50 - 100 yards North of Hector Falls, about as pretty a spot as can be imagined. - Am I too much of a romantic to think that in 1871, previous to the highway, it was a great place to get laid?
    Looking forward to next year - Want to trace the Delaware & the Susquehanna

• November 11, 2010 7:59 AM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    jb:

Yup; East side of 414, 50 - 100 yards North of Hector Falls, about as pretty a spot as can be imagined. - Am I too much of a romantic to think that in 1871, previous to the highway, it was a great place to get laid?
    Looking forward to next year - Want to trace the Delaware & the Susquehanna
    ==================================================================================
    Its probably still a great place to get laid I'd think.  Sounds like it isnt too far from Big Johnsons Sports bar on 414 in hector.  Hell I rode by there about a half dozen times this year and never noticed the grave stone.  I'll find Annie next time through.  Thanks.   jb

• 19040 posts
    November 11, 2010 8:19 AM PST
    414 Huh? That is a great road I forgot about till you mentioned it. As for getting laid there I think I will let you two explore that ???!!!???? Hahahaha
    • 9 posts
    November 15, 2010 7:31 AM PST
    Bangin'...getting laid...I'm sensing a theme here. What could one expect at a place called Big Johnson's"?
    Catchy. Head to toe raincoats, anyone? JKLMFAO!!!
    Ride Free