What Did You Do This Weekend

• 5420 posts
    April 2, 2012 3:53 AM PDT
    Had a great ride on Saturday with a little bit of everything in it.  A couple of our neighbors were staying over in Palm Springs for their birthday, so we decided to ride out and say Happy Birthday. 

Of course we took the scenic route up through Anza and over the hill and into the back side of Palm Desert.  Well it's a good thing the little bit of work I had to do in the morning took a couple hours longer than planned, because when we got up to the top of the hill around noon it was still in the low 50s, and we weren't really dressed for it.  But riding down highway 74 into Palm Springs was great.  A really twisty road cut into a pure rock hillside and it just kept getting warmer until we hit the basin where it was just under 90°!

We stayed for some food a couple of beers and some beautiful sunshine and hit the road for home.  Since we knew it would be dark and really cold in the mountain we took the freeway home.  20 minutes into the ride we hit a nasty sand storm on I-10 just outside of Palm Springs.  After 10 or 15 minutes of getting my face exfoliated we were out of the sand and the sun went down and we again froze our butts off.  But the good thing is we got home about 1/2 hour before it rained - which I never saw in the weather forecast!

Sunday was a relaxing day.  Since my daughter and her husband are leaving for Japan on Wed, and my son and grand kids are heading for North Carolina, we celebrated Easter with the entire family.  As normal the grand kids wore me out completely and I fell asleep in front ot the TV right after they left!

• April 2, 2012 4:21 AM PDT
    Went to a cycle swap meet in Birch Run, MI. Got some new sun glasses since my last pair are so scratched up it was necessary, and two new stickers for my helmet. Stopped at Shiawassee Harley on the way home and my husband ends up buying a new (used) bike today that he looked at yesterday. Go figure. I'm the one who was looking for a new bike, he already has a bike! Oh, well...I guess I get a hand me down again. It's all good! Ride on...
  • April 2, 2012 5:02 AM PDT
    I started my wknd early with a brand spankin new grandson!!Cole came into this world at 9:05 3/29 weighin in @ 8lbs4oz 19.5" YEEHAW! I may be partial but he is BEAUTIFUL!! She had a C Section so I spent a little time at the hospital visiting this weekend as well (they come home today) Other then that, took the dog to Patapsco State Park and the dog park, did a few meetings, hung out with a friend and watched a couple of bad movies...

Lucky thats a fine lookin family you got there!! Can't wait til Cole is big enough to do stuff with!!
    • 9 posts
    April 2, 2012 5:05 AM PDT
    We needs pictures....I wanna see the baby!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek

Oh, and I worked, most of the weekend. Grrrrrrr But my pockets goin' jing-a-ling-a-ling...
  • April 2, 2012 6:07 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    We needs pictures....I wanna see the baby!!!

Look on my profile!  OMG He is BEAUTIFUL! 
    ~P
  • April 2, 2012 6:45 AM PDT
    If I remember it all correctly, Friday night bar hopped and went to the Flowertown festival in Summerville, friend of mine sets up his BBQ cooker every year, great food. Saturday, worked around the house, rode the bike out to the Windjammer to hear my new favorite band Conner Christain and Southern Gothic, two fiddle players, mindblowing country/rock high energy show. Sunday cranked out around a 100 miles to visit an old friend, great weather, riding is great here this time of year.
    • 834 posts
    April 2, 2012 8:26 AM PDT
    Congrats Paula!!!!!!!!
    • 844 posts
    April 2, 2012 9:17 AM PDT
    Crappy weather all weekend. Spent most of the weekend sleeping in front of the TV. Did make a couple trips to the refrigerator.

Way to go Grand Ma Paula.
    • 2 posts
    April 3, 2012 12:09 PM PDT
     Worked with the Legion Riders, Post 442, Horseheads, NY to stage a Motorcycle Swap Meet 
  • April 3, 2012 12:55 PM PDT

• April 3, 2012 12:56 PM PDT
    Sunday rode to Shiloh, Tenn. Civil War Battlefield. 150 year anniversary celebration... then South to The Natchez Trace... to Tupolo Miss. the back to Memphis, Tenn... 340 mile round the block...
  • April 30, 2012 2:11 PM PDT
    I went to Laughlin River Run but had the most fun on Rte. 66: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gK8vyYvj8k
  • April 30, 2012 3:14 PM PDT
    Well I was fixin to attend a crawfish boil in MS w/ my group, but pulled a back muscle washing my dogs! So didn't go to the function...however later that nite, a member came over and surprised w/ 10lbs....loaded w/ corn on the cob, garlic, celery and potatoes....wasn't so bad after all...but still suffering w/ the backache ~
    • 58 posts
    April 30, 2012 3:45 PM PDT
    Made a couple new biker friends.
  • May 7, 2012 1:47 PM PDT
    Spent most of my time riding from shop to shop looking for a used left battery side cover for my bike that I lost the weekend prior rolling about 85mph south bound I-35 coming out of Fort Worth.The wind was slicing a constant 30....No time to go weak on the throttle.....I guess I'm going to order a pair of chrome side battery covers and quit my bitchin!!!
    • 79 posts
    May 7, 2012 2:16 PM PDT
    my bike has been apart since nov.spent 4 hours getting her back together. rode saturday for a short ride then went to a party. rode sunday to the little river cafe and jackass flats.today rode over to show her to a friend who painted all the sheet metal
    • 1 posts
    May 7, 2012 4:06 PM PDT
    sat on me ass , watching went on in here....
  • g
    May 7, 2012 10:12 PM PDT
    out for a blast with the daughter .,,awsome run .
    • 19046 posts
    May 8, 2012 12:54 AM PDT
    Rex took me to a place to see and record this...the  'super' moon.

• 823 posts
    May 8, 2012 4:58 PM PDT
     Testing out all my stuff before my two week trip.
  • g
    May 8, 2012 8:11 PM PDT
    nice photos .
    • 846 posts
    May 9, 2012 2:30 AM PDT
    Nice photo Mike, Guero yours get me wanting to get out on the road for a extended time (no a option right now). It was a simple weekend. After a Saturday of working around the house, Sunday was a nice 2 hour ride out to one of our larger swap meets in New England. Got some idea's for myself and found a few things other folks that they where looking for. Had so type swap meet food then a nice ride back. Cheaper then going to the dealer.
  • May 10, 2012 11:54 AM PDT
    Great pics & packing job Guero.....I really have to pull out all the bungie cords seeing as I don't have a sissy bar.I have small saddlebags and a small bag on my forks for tools, flash light, and other quick need items.
    • 823 posts
    May 10, 2012 12:02 PM PDT
    rok straps are amazing. I bought mine off of amazon the other day. First use but I highly recommend them so far.........
    • 5420 posts
    May 21, 2012 4:51 AM PDT
    No riding for me this past weekend

Saturday I help my neighbor drywall his garage - we're turning it into a man-cave!!!

Sunday we went to our Grandson's 2nd Birthday Party.  Always a great time to get togethere with the family!

On the way home we had a great view of the Solar Eclipse as we came over the Ortega Highway...