What Did You Do This Weekend

• 5420 posts
    October 10, 2011 4:28 AM PDT
    Saturday we had a garage sale to sell of all the stuff we just had to have at one time or another.

Had the day to myself on Sunday since Laura was helping her mom with some stuff.  So I just rode....

As usual started out at Cook's Corner for a bite to eat.  After that I decided to head up to "The Gaslamp" in Long Beach.  Not usually a biker hangout for 6 days a week, but they have been adding their new Biker Sundays to our calendar for a while.  Since it was a special Sunday raising money for Breast Cancer Awareness, the place had a good amount of bikes in the lot as I pulled in.  They have one of the best stages I have seen in a bar in a while, and the band that played was really good.  I did run into a couple of people I had met before at other runs and they told me that even when it's not a special event Biker Sundays usually draws a pretty good crowd...  I'll have to go back and check it out again. 

From there I decided to get some miles on so I headed up the coast to Santa Monica.  Didn't stop anywhere, just enjoyed the ride up the coast and back.  On the way back I did make a stop at Mother's in Sunset Beach.  Mother's is a coll LITTLE place right on Pacific Coast Highway. The bikes park right along PCH so you cantell just by riding up how many people are there.  Beers are cheap and served in mason jars and if you're hungry there is a pizza place right next doo that will run your order over.

Had to head home before the sun got too low because I didn't bring a jacket and it can get cold down at the beach real quick
    • 638 posts
    October 10, 2011 4:54 AM PDT
    I drilled a gas well, ran casing in it, then did a cement job...weekend pretty much sucked
    • 5420 posts
    October 10, 2011 5:16 AM PDT
    kingbiscuit wrote...
    I drilled a gas well, ran casing in it, then did a cement job...weekend pretty much sucked

I'm guessing your wife wasn't out like mine, or you would have been out riding too

• 277 posts
    October 10, 2011 5:35 AM PDT
    Nice, Honey.  Now you WILL have a To Do List when I get home today.
    • 638 posts
    October 10, 2011 6:52 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    kingbiscuit wrote...

I'm guessing your wife wasn't out like mine, or you would have been out riding too

no Lucky, my bike is 200 miles from me right now. I'm on a drilling rig in the middle of nowhere. and good luck with that honey-do list
  • October 16, 2011 3:11 AM PDT
    Rode down to Irvine for the PCRF poker run. They had a pretty good turn out and it was a beautiful day for a ride! and its always a good day when you see the Lakers Cheerleaders.
    • 5420 posts
    October 17, 2011 5:24 AM PDT
    Friday night we had some friends over and we played darts and drank until way to late considering we were supposed to get up and ride to Palm Springs for the American Heat Rally.

We woke up felling pretty bad (Laura worse than me) and more important pretty dehydrated.  We know from experience that you DON'T ever ride through the desert when you are already dehydrated to start.  So we hung out for a bit got some food and liquids in us and headed out around noon.  Since we got a late start we decided not to go the scenic mountain route and blew straight out there in the freeway.

The rally was a little light on people this year, but still a pretty good showing.  As always the vendors lined the streets and a few people wandered vendor row. But since it was well over 100° out, most stayed in the bars enjoying cold beverages.  We didn't stay to long 'cause we still weren't feeling all that great and definitely didn't feel like drinking.  From what I heard though we should have stayed until the evening because once the sun goes down the crowds can finally wander outside.

Sunday was an even more exciting day - I put a new floor down in my shed!!!

• 844 posts
    October 17, 2011 7:19 AM PDT
    Hey Lucky, have done that myself many of times. Drink too much we early plans the next day and just don't feel like gettin on the bike. Probably a good move to get the body goin before taking off into the desert!
  • October 17, 2011 10:23 AM PDT
    We went to the Escondido street fair on saturday. It is supposed to be the largest of the street fair's in California. It was really neat to see all of the products that people have manufactured at home because of the slow economy. American's have the best imaginations in the world when they need to come up with home based products for sale. Btw when you see local idiot politicians pimping themselves out to get reelected you should be able to smack them upside their heads and say hell no to them keeping their jobs. Sorry just venting a little, I hate their crappy fake smiles and handshakes.
  • October 17, 2011 12:37 PM PDT
     had a weekend camping trip with my 7 year old boy and my wife ..loved it..

• October 18, 2011 1:29 AM PDT
    We rode my bike, my Husband in front, me passenger. Did I tell you what a crummy passenger I am? took it to some friends home about 15 miles away and picked up a Rebel we had loaned them for their son to learn to ride on. The Mr. rode her home, he looked like a little boy on a tinker toy! And I rode my bike home. We must have looked like Mutt and Jeff! Two white bikes, little bitty with PoppaBear, and the big one with me! All in all, it was a fun ride both going and coming home.
  • October 18, 2011 1:29 AM PDT
    We rode my bike, my Husband in front, me passenger. Did I tell you what a crummy passenger I am? took it to some friends home about 15 miles away and picked up a Rebel we had loaned them for their son to learn to ride on. The Mr. rode her home, he looked like a little boy on a tinker toy! And I rode my bike home. We must have looked like Mutt and Jeff! Two white bikes, little bitty with PoppaBear, and the big one with me! All in all, it was a fun ride both going and coming home.
    • 3 posts
    October 18, 2011 3:18 AM PDT
    we went and rode the snake on hiway 421 between mountain city and bristol tn around a place called shadyvalley it claims 3 mountains 1 valley and 489 curves a great ride
    • 5420 posts
    October 24, 2011 5:15 AM PDT
    Well we got up bright and early for a 5am departure for the Love Ride.  The Love Ride has been known for being the largest one-day motorcycle event in the world, with attendance at 15,000 or more.  However due to some changes they made in 2007 and 2008 trying to merge it with the new California Bike Week (which is no more) it has not gone on for the past couple of years and was revived this year and brought back to where it belongs.

We got on the road just after 5am and rode though some chilly, damp weather with really thick fog.  We got to Glendale Harley-Davidson around 6:30am and we were quite disappointed to see maybe 100 bikes staged for the ride.  Normally at 6am there are 5,000+ bikes!  Well we found out the registration and pre-ride festivities were moved from 7am to 8am (you think I would know that since the event was in the CF calendar and they advertised on our site).  That's ok 'cause at least the food trucks were there serving food and coffee.  After wandering around a bit we got out front row standing spots for the per-ride show - didn't really need to do that because the crowd never really showed up.  We watched the band (Max Mueller) and the celebrities and then headed for the bikes.

As we walked down the row of bikes staged for the ride the turnout was still a bit disappointing with only about 2,000 bikes in line.  We rode up to Lake Castaic - where the main event happens - and just as we got there I noticed my throttle was not working right.  I would turn it and very little response.  After taking apart the the throttle assembly, checking all the cables I could find nothing wrong and was getting frustrated.  Finally I realized it was the simplest thing and the outter hand grip had come un-glued and was just spinning.  I decided to not do a half-assed job of gluing it back together on the road, so I went to the store got some duck-tape and just wrapped it on the inner shaft thick enough to make a hand grip.

After that it was late, and we really weren't that excited about seeing Montgomery - Gentry (plus I didn't want to get mistaken for a tame sedated bear), so we took off for a great ride down the coast stopping at Neptune's Net in Malibu for their world famous seafood.  Neptune's Net is a true landmark on the Malibu Coast.  It sits all by itself just across the street from the ocean, serves great seafood, and has a couple hundred bikes show up on any given weekend.  From there you can either ride the coast or go straight up into the Santa Monica Mountains. The ride home along the coast was again chilly, damp and foggy - but still a great day. We did get to see some California sled riders on the way home... here we sled ride down the sand dunes!!!

See the Pictures from the Love Ride Pre-Ride Here

• 544 posts
    October 24, 2011 6:06 AM PDT
    Installed new saddlebags on bike and went for a little ride. Love the new saddlebags from leatherup.com.
    • 1516 posts
    October 24, 2011 8:03 AM PDT
    Well I spent the last day of my life with my very own Teenager... my son is now 20 ... yikes!
  • October 25, 2011 2:43 PM PDT
    Saturday: Rode up to Frederick, MD with a group of 20+ for breakfast. Left the group to meet a co-worker and we rode up through Gettysburg, PA and over to Breezewood, PA and back. About 300 miles for the day.
    Sunday: Found an oil leak on the bike. :-(
  • October 26, 2011 4:24 AM PDT
    Saturday, I rode with my best guy friends...

Sunday, there was a group of 15 or so, all the gals that ride with this group, we've given ourselves the nickname 'WooHoo Sister".

• 1364 posts
    October 26, 2011 6:59 AM PDT
    Oh ya , Now I remember..... Deener and I went on the first ever Kiss Kruise. WOW what a time. No bikes, no tent , and no dirt. Just 2000 Krazy Kiss fans on a boat. Here's a little peek.

• 5420 posts
    November 7, 2011 3:29 AM PST
    Saturday morning I went down and got a new tire put on the bike.  When I got home Laura and I jumped on the bike and headed across Ortega Highway and froze our ass off - the sun didn't come out the entire ride.  We headed over to Sporty's in Corona to meet up with our good friends Russ & Cindy (of BikerCrap) and Kevin & Bea.  We decided not to do any riding 'cause it was just a cold, overcast, damp day.  So we hung out at Sporty's having a few beers and catching up - we haven't seen each other since the Redwood Run.  Problem was we stayed 'till long after dark and when Laura and I hit the canyon on the way home it was around 40° and we we're really prepared for it.

Sunday it rained all day and Laura went out with our son and grandma.  I took advantage of it and laid around in my robe all day switching back and forth between NASCAR & Football, with an occassional trip to the refrigerator!  Gotta get me one of them beer fetching dogs!
  • November 7, 2011 3:59 AM PST
    What a weekend.! I painted,hung wallpaper,painted,stenciled,hung curtains but I must say it feels to see what I completed.
    I wished I was off to ride today and so beautiful. Hopefully we will have at least a few more weekend days
    to ride. The holidays are coming sooner than we think.I hope everyone remained safe
    and had a very blessed weekend. I have met some great people on this site!
    Thank you
    Tracey ~ RRJ
  • November 16, 2011 5:43 AM PST

. . ....fired up the grille last weekend..

. .....slathered a pork roast with Maple Syrup....seasoned it with salt and fresh ground pepper....and tenderly wrapped it in bacon..

. ......smoked it with apple wood/hickory wood chips for a couplea hours..

. ...served it up with home made Dijon/Maple Horseradish sauce and a new sweet tater recipe I gleaned off the net...

. ....Ohhhhhh Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh .. 
    • 51 posts
    November 21, 2011 1:13 AM PST
    Absolutely noting - except change the oil on the bike and go for a short test ride. I can't remember the last time I actually relaxed for a weekend, felt good. I didn't even answer the phone a couple times because I knew it was someone calling asking me go go out and do something that would require more energy than lying on the couch.
    • 7 posts
    November 21, 2011 1:23 AM PST
    GoFur wrote... I had a great weekend.  Spent all day Saturday working on the bike and garage.  ...(Sunday) I rode the entire day. 

I am green with envy . Good for you!

Sadly I worked. No! Not the fun in-the-garage work. The work that pays the bills
  • November 21, 2011 1:30 AM PST
    Here in North Carolina there is only one thing your allowed to do on the final weekend of NASCAR, and that's to watch NASCAR. If you're gonna ride its to the sports bar to watch NASCAR.