What Did You Do This Weekend

• Pat
    May 21, 2012 5:41 AM PDT
    Got the bike blessed on Sat. then the wife and I jumped on the road and road North for about 2 hrs. then headed home had a great day.
    • 3006 posts
    May 21, 2012 5:44 AM PDT
    Had a great time Saturday & joined some other riders for the National Freedomride to honor our countrys veterans and raise money for them.
    I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of good bikers and also getting the opportunity to meet some of our hero's and share a few laughs which hopefully brightened their day!! Actually met one vet who had served in WW2 and was in the armed services from 1943 - 1981 an American of african descent who proudly responded to the call after Pearl Harbor.At the age of 86 & in declining health the least we can do is make sure vets like this get the proper care n treatment they so richly deserve.Out of respect for them I am not posting any face shots,even tho a couple said ok I did not feel rite abt it.
    Personally speaking I am somewhat let down by how many folks said they would attend yet never showed up for the ride,yet it was their loss & I am proud that I had a chance to give back to the vets some small show of appreciation for the incredible sacrifices made on behalf of serving their country with dignity & respect and honour !!!
  • May 21, 2012 5:53 AM PDT
    Rode my bike, didn't have time to take pictures! :-)
    • 1364 posts
    May 21, 2012 6:14 AM PDT
    Well in between the wedding of our youngest, Ashley on Friday and the reception Saturday. I managed to get the Plugs in the bikes changed, Air filters cleaned and re-oiled, and even made it to the dump.

• May 21, 2012 6:40 AM PDT
    Beautiful pic Highrisk! Congrats to the new couple!
    • 1364 posts
    May 21, 2012 7:13 AM PDT
    Thank you Paula
  • May 21, 2012 8:55 AM PDT
    HOORAH and Semper Fidelis Ashly!
  • May 21, 2012 9:29 AM PDT
    On Saturday I went for a 200 mile ride with some friends, was a beautiful ride, the sun was shinning and had a great lunch at a little hole in the wall, but my ass sure felt every mile.
  • May 21, 2012 9:39 AM PDT
    Rode close to 200 miles this past weekend. Through the winding snow lined Southern Oregon back highways to our majestic Crater Lake National Park where there was still 10-12 feet of snow. One of the nicest rides anywhere ! Took and posted a few pics.
    • 5420 posts
    June 25, 2012 10:05 AM PDT
    Pretty much stuffed the entire weekend into Saturday. Yard work sat morning, ten off to Cooks Corner for the chili cook-off. Had a great time seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones... The coiling was good too.

After that we headed to the neighbors for a BBQ and to watch the fight on tv. Didn't thing I drank that much, but I guess I did... Barely made it from the bed to the couch on Sunday.
  • June 26, 2012 8:29 AM PDT
    This past weekend, actually Thursday June 21st thru Sunday June 24th, was the Harley Rendezvous in NY. What a blast!! This is the first year we haven't had rain for at least one of the days!
    • 5420 posts
    July 8, 2012 9:12 AM PDT
    Sounds like fun. I was at the 'Vous in '05 and had a great time. We did have lots of rain though!
    • 5420 posts
    July 16, 2012 5:37 AM PDT
    Man what a weekend...

Saturday we went to the Annual Mooning of the Amtrak at Mugs Away in Laguna Niguel.  It used to be a lot bigger in years oast with 10,000 people or so mooning the trains and just getting wild, but it got carried away in 2008 and a few got it shut down for the many.  It has been building back up, but less than 500 mooners showed up this weekend.

Sunday I went to Cook's Corner for the Ladies Who Ride Cancer Ride.  This is without a doubt the BIGGEST event I have ever seen at Cook's Corner.  There must have been somewhere around 1500 people there to enjoy the music, contests and good times all to raise money for a great cause!!!

• July 16, 2012 8:12 AM PDT
    I don't think any one can top the Mooning of Amtrack, and I hope ya didn't cause it to derail, but road around Southern Georgia, and North Florida showing the state off to some of the traveling Aussie's in the country. have a great one! "T"
    • 1161 posts
    July 16, 2012 8:45 AM PDT
    Well on friday I was working on getting my bike fixed got that fixed and was having some electrical problems so saterday had two friends come over to help me. We diagnosed the problem and put the bike back together then went for a ride. We went to an area they teach motorcycle safety classes and were showing some people what it entailed because they are getting ready to take there lisenceing test (riding part). All went well was on the way home and I crashed the bike a few minor things wrong with it now and some others I have not had a chance to look at yet. But I'm ok just a bit sore and only one minor scrape from the inside of my jacket (like a rug burn).
    • 910 posts
    July 16, 2012 10:16 AM PDT
    I hiked in the Blue Mountains around the Katoomba Falls, watched an aboriginal show in Echo Point, Ate Kangaroo Pizza, took a cruise around (and around and around) Sydney Harbor, flew to Brisbane and met up with the greatest Aussie mates a girl could have!

• 3006 posts
    July 16, 2012 11:20 AM PDT
    Was up in Lake Tahoe with family most of this last week,staying in a cabin near the beach.Fortunately I was able to catch a few nice shots early in the morning. I saw a boatload of guys riding up there,the weather was near perfect for it mid 70-80's.. Next year I will take the bike up,no excuses !!
    pssst the week after the 4th of July is usually the quietest from past experience.
  • July 16, 2012 3:07 PM PDT
    Buried my mom next to daddy on their wedding anniversary date......Once the will is probated and the house daddy built is properly organized, for future family functions........I may drop off the face of the earth for several months.Its been years since my phone has been turned off, due to constant medical issues......I ' m not complaining, I'd do it all over again to keep her at home and out of the nursing homes that she visited twice for short stays after surgeries.
    • 1364 posts
    August 5, 2012 1:09 PM PDT
     This is a little of what Deener and I did this weekend

• 544 posts
    August 6, 2012 6:49 AM PDT
    On this weekend (August 4th and 5th) I picked up my new bike from the Dealer on Saturday and rode Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Made a few pit stops but just enjoyed the riding.
  • August 7, 2012 10:02 AM PDT
    I participated in a PGR mission 07/04/12.
    From the time I left home to the time I returned was almost 12 hours.
    It was a long and tiring day but I have not a single regret.

I was honored to do so but it is always sad to see a young person loose their life.

So few have done so much for so many.

• 0 posts
    August 8, 2012 12:04 AM PDT
    Relaxed,lol...but tonight...Motorcycle Mania, hoping to have a good time
    • 834 posts
    August 12, 2012 12:49 PM PDT
    Spent as much time as possible indoors since it was ove 100 both days. Rode to the sports bar today to watch NASCAR and that was it.
    • 5420 posts
    August 12, 2012 1:32 PM PDT
    Pretty much the same here. Never got under 100 and I stayed where the air conditioning was. Been on so many rides this summer in 110° plus, I'm over it. Bring on the fall!
    • 19046 posts
    August 12, 2012 11:52 PM PDT
    Took my friends, Messers Smith, Wesson, Ruger, and Baretta out for some exercise.

Mr Baretta (Tomcat 32) and I combined to do this to the poor little smiley plate at about 5 yards. Rapid fire not really aiming but just pointing the gun at the target.