What Did You Do This Weekend

• May 20, 2013 2:29 AM PDT
    Took a ride down the coast all the way to Huntington Beach. It was a beautiful day for riding along the beach.
    • 846 posts
    May 20, 2013 4:17 AM PDT
    Got the bike back after waiting for parts for over a week, Charity ride Saturday started with leathers and ended with a light sunburn on the arms and face. Great ride for a good cause. Sunday was back to around the house stuff
  • May 20, 2013 6:24 AM PDT
    Had an awesome time at Myrtle Beach Bike Week. You just can't beat handlebars, biker bars and sand bars. So many beautiful bikes and great music. I met a lot of new people, bikers make the best friends :-)
    • 3006 posts
    May 20, 2013 7:02 AM PDT
    Did my usual weekend routine,which consists of babysitting the grkids,playin taxi,n wishing I could have gone on a run.Managed to get a quick ride down to a local beach early sunday n back,better than nothing !!!
  • May 20, 2013 8:54 AM PDT
    We rode in the 12th annual May Ride to support the Wounded Warriors Project. Good poker run and plenty of live music with lots of vendors etc. Had a great time until we were riding home from dinner in San Diego. We hit a large crack or divide between the new lanes on the hwy which in turn caused both my tires to suffer large cracks to the tread area. Thanks Caltrans for all the good work you do. I ordered a new set of Metezler Marathon Ultras 888's last night, should have them broke in a bit before the Redwood Run to Norcal.
  • May 20, 2013 8:57 AM PDT
    I agree Lisa. What a blast. We had the best time ever and are ready for the fall rally to come. Glad you had a great time too! My first time definitely won't be my last.
    • 5420 posts
    May 27, 2013 3:55 AM PDT
    Well I am just beat!  Laura and I had the grand kids this weekend - 3 and 6 years old.  Let me tell you I am more worn out this morning then after a weekend of wild partying.  Them little people just tore me up!!!!  Every time I sat down I would hear Grandpa chase me, Grandpa play this, Grandpa lets go here, etc, etc, etc.

Plus we had our Grand Dog (my sons Golden) so our dog Shelby wore her self out playing with him.  You can see Shelby and Brandon were a little tired!

But not complaining in the least... I never had so mush fun getting so worn down!
    • 11 posts
    May 27, 2013 8:51 AM PDT
    Took more items/moved the bulk of my practice up to the tiny place/office that I purchased in Butler, TN; came home down in the foothills sat. evening, went to Saturday night live acoustic event at church (Freedom Biker Church); then, went to a club for an hr. & half to watch my oldest child run the sound equipment. I, usually, only observe him playing drums, teaching lessons or recording/mixing in his studio. Sunday to church & then home into the garden. I was supposed to go riding on Sat., but it was so very cold in the Mtns. it frosted lightly up there Fri. night. Was supposed to go on two dates today (initial meet/greets) but both guys canceled.
    • 16834 posts
    May 28, 2013 5:13 AM PDT
    Repaired my John Deere, picnicked at my Niece's place, watched racing, ate, and slept.
  • May 28, 2013 5:57 AM PDT
    Marched with the VFW, attended Memorial Ceremony, ate lunch, and took a 230 mile relaxing 3 state ride, came home 10PM,
    • 9 posts
    May 28, 2013 9:47 AM PDT
    So depressed. I wanted so much to be more involved in all the local Veteran Ceremonies, but I've been sick all weekend, and apparently on into this week...with a really BAD case of sinusitis/bronchitis. Couldn't even help at the cemetery, plantin' flags on Sunday.

Supporting our troops, is something I am passionate about. And this just took all the air, right outta my sails.

Oh well, God willing...this too, shall pass!

Kudos to all who got to ride, who went the extra mile, who showed SUPPORT!!! THANK YOU!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • May 29, 2013 5:57 AM PDT
    I spent the weekend in Oklahoma City with the grand kids. It was there 6th and 4th bdays. Came home Monday evening to cut my backyard that I affectionately call the Hay Field. I was amazed on how light traffic was on the 44 going from MO to OKC, not many folks out this weekend. Then finished the weekend with a couple of shots of Jack overall a good weekend.
  • May 29, 2013 6:12 AM PDT
    road the rattler 209 ----- tail of the dragon ------- and the snake --- what a weekend
    • 11 posts
    May 29, 2013 11:42 AM PDT
    Ricochet wrote...
    road the rattler 209 ----- tail of the dragon ------- and the snake --- what a weekend

Ricochet,
    you had a very curvy weekend

I was on parts of the rattler 209 & lots of the snake, but in my cage.

• May 29, 2013 12:23 PM PDT
    Slept most of last weekend, but riding to the Daniel Boone Inn to eat the coming weekend in Boone, NC. Me and my wife are riding with the local STAR chapter #443 out of Concord, NC. If you live anywhere near Boone, you need to eat here if you love country cookin'. All you can eat! There goes the diet! I've lost 30 lbs so I deserve it. ;-) Oh yeah, Tweek, I hope you get to feeling better. Take good care of yourself gal. You keep us smilin' God bless you.
    • 11 posts
    May 29, 2013 2:03 PM PDT
    markyd wrote...
    Slept most of last weekend, but riding to the Daniel Boone Inn to eat the coming weekend in Boone, NC. Me and my wife are riding with the local STAR chapter #443 out of Concord, NC. If you live anywhere near Boone, you need to eat here if you love country cookin'. All you can eat! There goes the diet! I've lost 30 lbs so I deserve it. ;-) Oh yeah, Tweek, I hope you get to feeling better. Take good care of yourself gal. You keep us smilin' God bless you.

To Markyd & his wife,
    The Boone bike rally is this weekend.(my brother & I inherited a small home only 20 min. from the grounds & my main home is only 50 min. away) I'll be up for the rally after having been just across the range into TN seeing patients. I would like to meet you two, if we can arrange do so.
  • May 29, 2013 4:56 PM PDT
    I will check and see what is on their agenda for the day. I am riding with a club so I'm am kinda at their mercy! Lol

• 11 posts
    June 2, 2013 7:47 AM PDT
    Markyd,
    Just got in to my main home from the small home near Boone & from the Boone Bike Rally, 50 minutes away. I did not see this message until right now. Ah, shucks & I would have liked to have met you two!
    I rekindled a few friendships from CF members & some not on CF over the weekend. Hope you had plenty of rainwear on ya for your ride back home. Lucky, as far as I know/the ones I know, there were as many as 5-6 CF members at the Boone Bike rally, we could have used a tent w/ CF on it
  • June 2, 2013 10:12 AM PDT
    Hope you had a great time. We left Concord around 8:00 for Boone and arrived around 11:00. Had a great lunch then rode, rode, rode! We put right at 300 miles on the bike yesterday. Rode the parkway some, took the scenic route there and back. It was great. Boone was hopping with bikes yesterday wasn't it? Beautiful weather , no rain at all. Believe I'm going to join that chapter of STAR. Bunch of good folks. Perfect day!
    • 3006 posts
    June 3, 2013 3:51 AM PDT
    Spent the weekend working on the scooter & took her for a putt Sunday out to a local backwater town.It used to be a central rail hub back in the early 20th century,and also was popular with silent movie stars who filmed a lot of western movies there back in the day.

Seems like once you fix/change one thing on the bike,a dozen others pop up that you want to do.
    For me it seems never ending.
  • June 3, 2013 2:51 PM PDT
    With the help of Adventure girl I managed to put my bike in the winners circle at New England Dragway.
    • 11 posts
    June 3, 2013 5:30 PM PDT
    yea, Paul1096
  • June 3, 2013 9:01 PM PDT
    Friday night went to a couple of retirement parties. Good friends, good times. Saturday finished up a couple of projects at home. Sunday a bike show at Thunder in the Park in Oshkosh, a charity event for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin followed by an ABATE meeting. Weekends are just too short!
    • 5420 posts
    June 4, 2013 2:44 AM PDT
    Paul1096 wrote...
    With the help of Adventure girl I managed to put my bike in the winners circle at New England Dragway.

Congrats!!!

• June 9, 2013 2:23 AM PDT
    If you enjoy Civil War stuff and you every happen to be traveling Hwy 278 west of Cullman, Alabama you should take in the "Crooked Creek" museum. It is a short hop off the highway and really very neat. The gentleman who runs the place is a pleasure to talk with and they have more items than you will often see at some of the bigger CW sites. It is a museum where you can touch, feel and take tons of photos. Most of the gun pits dug during the battle there are still visible. Fred, the gentleman who runs the place, is such a pleasure to talk with. There is also a covered bridge very close to site that is neat to see. If you travel farther west and venture off the highway a bit into a small community called Huston, Alabama there is an old log jail that has been restored. An absolute must in Huston is to eat at "The Talk Of The Town". You gotta try it.