What Did You Do This Weekend

• 19052 posts
    November 7, 2012 10:58 PM PST
    ATTA BOY JEFF and DEENER!!!
    • 1364 posts
    November 8, 2012 1:29 AM PST
    thank you Rex, Talking directly to kiss with 2500 people around made me a little nervous....
    • 5420 posts
    November 8, 2012 1:39 AM PST
    Come on you and the boys are old friends by now!

Good job on the WWP fundraising!!!
  • November 8, 2012 4:22 AM PST
    Had 3 nights of great racing at our track for the 17th Annual Budweiser Oval Nationals (USAC National/CRA non wing Sprints) Friday night Indiana (Eastcoast) kicked our asses. It's been 12 years since a Westcoast driver/car owner has won the title. Great racing. Congratulation to Mike Sspencer and car owner Ron Chaffin of So. Calif on winning Sat. night feature.  Also one of the biggest Midget races in the country is back on dirt. Previously held at the now closed Irwindale Speedway the Turkey Grand Prix is being held at Perris Auto Speedway Thanksgiving night. The following nights are the 1st Annual Turkey Bowl Street Stock race. Friday and Sat with a 22.5 k purse. It's a crazy Nov for me. Oh yeah, and in between I ride my bike every chance I get. Get the opportunity to get in a sprint this weekend. Sooo excited! Horse power baby!!!
    • 85 posts
    November 8, 2012 4:32 AM PST
    Hats off to all the folks working so hard for the WWP, way to go!
    • 5420 posts
    November 26, 2012 3:02 AM PST
    First we had a great Thanksgiving celebration with our family, then a wonderful weekend away to celebrate Laura's 50th Birthday.

We started with a tour of the wineries in Temecula Valley, then spent the night down in San Diego with a great dinner and some partying in the Gas Lamp District.

We even found a winery where the owner is a vintage motorcycle colector.  The owner wasn't there so we couldn't get a tour of the 40,000 sq ft garage he keeps his bikes in, but I met his daughter and we will go back to see the bikes when the owner is there.  The real coincident was that the owner's family lived for years right down the street from where we now live.  His daughter even graduated the same HS that my son now goes to.

• December 3, 2012 11:39 AM PST
    I decorated my condo for Christmas!

Hey Lucky, what is the name of the winery with the bike collection? Is it open to the public when the owner is there?
    • 5420 posts
    January 2, 2013 2:54 AM PST
    Well it wasn't actually a weekend, but we did have a GREAT New Year's Eve Party at the neighbors house, and then a GREAT New Years Day Ride with some good friends.  Laura and I had to leave early in the morning because the ride meetup was about an hour from the house.  It was in the high 30s low 40s for that part, but then a nice ride in the low 50s the rest of the day.

• 80 posts
    January 2, 2013 3:04 AM PST
    Rode the VA byways, but remained low key. Stayed out of the gin mills because the VA Leo's are thicker than fleas on a hound dog during the Christmas and New Years holidays.
    • 5420 posts
    January 2, 2013 3:39 AM PST
    That's why we always have our parties right in the neighborhood. Only have to worry about walking into mailboxes on the way home. (I have scars from years past, so it does happen)
    • 80 posts
    January 3, 2013 2:03 AM PST
    That is experience showing. I too have some old road rash scars that I acquired in my younger days of being immortal or so I thought then.
    • 1855 posts
    January 3, 2013 4:27 AM PST
    Fed the wood stove, watched football, got hammered, watched the snow fall. Hey, wait a minute. That was a normal day. LOL
    • 5420 posts
    January 8, 2013 10:07 AM PST
    Went to the Easyriders Bike Show.  Saws some great bikes & lots of cool vendors, did some business and got to meet Michael & Angie from the Full Throttle Saloon

More pictures of the show HERE
    • 844 posts
    January 8, 2013 1:56 PM PST
    Lucky meets eveeryone
    • 5420 posts
    May 1, 2013 6:25 AM PDT
    Had a GREAT weekend.  After spending the entire week at the Laughlin River Run (which caused me to miss my sons 17th B-Day on Wednesday), Laura drove out to Laughlin with him on Saturday morning so he could see his forst Bike Rally.  He loves motorcycles so we spent the entire day on Saturday wander through the booths and bike shows and looking at all of the bikes all around town - he also spent a lot of time looking at the pretty girls!!!!.  He loves to eat too, so when we weren't doing that we were normally at one of the buffets!

Sunday on the way out they followed me to Oatman and hung around there for a bit.  It was nice becasue the town had cleared out and all the donkeys came back in to town.  Plus after all the times Laura and I have been to Oatman, this was the first time we checked out some of the museums and mines and stuff like that.

Great Weekend!!!

• 2685 posts
    May 1, 2013 7:32 AM PDT
    This past weekend my wife and I went on our first long ride together.
    May not be much for some of you guys but it was a pretty big and fun trip for us.

6 states, 3 days, 932 miles.
    One of the best weekends we have had in a while. Looking forward to more like it.
    VA, WV, MD, PA, NJ and NY.

Only about 150 miles of it in the rain.

• 11 posts
    May 2, 2013 3:26 AM PDT
    Finished putting up fencing so I can bring horses & steers back onto the farm, mowed the HUGE yard...can't wait to turn horses & goats loose on it!,  cleaned house, worked in the garden, went to church on Sunday (Freedom Biker of Hickory), prepared/packed for a small one day sailing trip off St. Simon's Island, Ga. (which I drove down for on Tues. a.m. & briefly, sailed, yesterday, and drove the 7 hours back home.
    • 9 posts
    May 2, 2013 8:26 AM PDT
    Dang, Girl!
    Helluva LONG way to go, in a Cage, to sit a boat, for a few hours, then get back in the Cage, and drive home...
    Me? I'm too "over" that much work, for a "lil bit o fun"...;)

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • May 2, 2013 9:53 AM PDT
    I was racing at round 2 of the Mirock superbike series at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek ,MD. Had a good weekend racing in 2 classes. Good results in both.
    • 1855 posts
    May 2, 2013 1:59 PM PDT
    Sorry folks but I'm retired. Everyday is a week-end. If I ain't getting the homestead ready so we can head west the first week of June then we're riding locally. Unfortunately, Ohio really is the pits and I don't know anyone who WANTS to ride in Ohio, but it'll do for now.

Peace
    • 11 posts
    May 3, 2013 1:18 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Dang, Girl!
    Helluva LONG way to go, in a Cage, to sit a boat, for a few hours, then get back in the Cage, and drive home...
    Me? I'm too "over" that much work, for a "lil bit o fun"...;)

Ride Free
    Tweek

yea, I know Tweek, doesn't make sense...at all, right! And, that cage was a Toyota Rav4, too.
    The seas were too rough for really anything, on Wed. morning, so  the other lady & I just,  basically, sat up on deck & watched the men work
    Yes, my 1st time on a sailboat & was happy to, merely, learn the parts of one.
    Heard from the guys last night & they made it  to Jacksonville yesterday, and are headed on down the ICW, today. They do need to get to Ft. Myers ASAP & get the boat in the slip.
    One of the guys must be back up in Winston-Salem on May 11th to help his wee bit, but very determined, young friend of 8 years of age (son of past clients/patients of mine) make a Samaritan's Purse  (specifically, for Children's fund) benefit ride via the NC Mountain -to-Sea bike road (starting on 5/13th at the TN/NC line on Hwy. 19 in Elk Park, NC).  I will message Lucky to ask if it is appropriate for me to post the link about CJridesforareason   So, everyone can keep up with little determined & God Blessed Child's ride and also make a donation.
    • 79 posts
    May 7, 2013 4:09 PM PDT
    Had to cancel my trip to wheeling,only enough rubber on the back for one trip.Picked up a new new tire friday,planned to have it mounted monday.Sunday leaving KY broke my back spocket,had to leave my bike and ride on the back of someone elses bike 40 miles to the nearest bar and wait for my wife to get there with a trailer.Not the weekend i had planned on.
  • May 7, 2013 8:01 PM PDT
    had to sit at home because of a frog strangler in Maggie valley . seems to me the frogs have gotten all the wet weather they need for awhile
    • 5420 posts
    May 20, 2013 12:24 AM PDT
    Went to my Grandson's third birthday party.  Ate lots of cake, played lots of games with the grandkids... and then came home and took a nap!
  • May 20, 2013 12:28 AM PDT
    Not a damn thing....it rained!