Summer Bod

• 910 posts
    March 4, 2010 12:26 AM PST
    Good for you Adventuregirl! My sons joined a gym w/ Dad last week, they talked him into signing me up too (for only $15 more a month). It's hard to say no to the kids, lead by example and all. The boys are loving it, had no idea how masculine they really are, wanting to get fit and "buff" they say. Hopefully they'll be good motivators, but I don't even know how to get to their gym yet, lol!
    Holding steady and fat is shifting to muscles I THINK...
    xox, and great work everyone!
    Buffy if you open this up every morn and say you're going to go I promise I will too...

I guess you better map your way to the gym this weekend because I will be on every morning just before I walk down to the caf at 7:30 to tell you I'm starting my morning routine! *wow* just doing that will motivate me to get it done. Thanks Steph!!
    • 910 posts
    March 4, 2010 12:32 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    Angle Eyes and i go twice a week to LA Fitness and work out with a trainer. He always bitches at us because we need to be in there at least 5 days a week. Danm that's hard to do sometimes, so I just endure the bitching sesion.
    Dragon

It really feels hard to find time. When I worked with a trainer (that was some time ago) it motivated me to get to the gym when I knew she was waiting on me. I think I work better when I am held accountable. The other days of the week I was supposed to workout on my own. I found that when I didn't have to meet her, I managed to be busy doing other things.
  • March 4, 2010 12:43 AM PST
    That's me, hold me accountable to YOU my friend, and I will NOT let YOU down... Here goes, and that makes me very happy, something to pull me out of this awful funk...
    Thank you, xox
    Steph
    • 1780 posts
    March 4, 2010 1:33 AM PST
    That's me, hold me accountable to YOU my friend, and I will NOT let YOU down... Here goes, and that makes me very happy, something to pull me out of this awful funk...
    Thank you, xox
    Steph

There are times I get into a funk, and Angle Eyes knows how to pull me back everytime. Life can be a hilly road, sometimes your riding uphill, and sometimes your coasting downhill, and then the road smooth's our without pot holes or bumps, and the air is fresh and the smell of fresh cut grass in everywhere, and your throughts are free to wonder. I believe Life was never ment to be a smooth road all the time, for without potholes there would be no challage's to test your skills. I think without focus on what is important in ones life, will cause anyone to fall into a funk pothole, so let;s focus on what is important in your life. First and formost your kids, they count on you and you count on them as poles to hold on to in times of uncertinity. Your health is good, and that is important, to maintain yourself for your kids. I'm sure a you have tons of friends to hold on to when you need to. I assure you the Lord has a reason for everything that happens in ones life, and sometimes it's hard to figure out, but we are all here for a reason, and never question that. You are a ray of sunshine to a lot of people on this site, and we look forward to what you have to say. I just wish I / we could do more to help you out of this funk. Just consentrate on the good things in your life, and how important you are to others.

Sorry I went on so long, hope I made a valid point.

Night Dragon
    • 1516 posts
    March 4, 2010 2:42 AM PST
    -29 as of today, looking forward to that great -30.. woo hoo.
  • March 4, 2010 2:49 AM PST
    debrajo62 wrote...
    -29 as of today, looking forward to that great -30.. woo hoo.
    i believe that this is the first time to hear a woman looking forward to "30" woo hoo   
    • 1516 posts
    March 4, 2010 3:00 AM PST
    30 is really good this time.. wish me luck!!
  • March 4, 2010 3:47 AM PST
    I love the pleasure in all of the successes enjoyed by all...good going and continued success.
    • 1509 posts
    March 4, 2010 6:26 AM PST
    1 pound at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is a mind set my goal is to loose 1 pound!

I can I am an Amer I Can.

• 212 posts
    March 9, 2010 12:15 PM PST
    Started MMA training class today ,I feel muscles I forgot I had!Kicked my butt.Been to gym 5 days aweek with little sucess,hopefully some of this fat is turning into muscle. WOW DebraJo you are doing great, along with everybod else.
  • March 9, 2010 12:23 PM PST
    debrajo62 wrote...

Good luck AND Congratulations Debra!!! Good for you!

-10 so far. I've been a bad girl!!!!!!      
    • 1509 posts
    March 9, 2010 2:16 PM PST
    tHAT IS OK SIDETRACK THERE IS A PLACE IN OUR HEARTS FOR BAD GIRLS.
  • March 9, 2010 2:27 PM PST
    OK - I'm in - since Oct. 20, '09 I've lost 44 lbs. It's nice to have a sidekick (translate that "husband") plugging away with you.
    • 1509 posts
    March 11, 2010 1:21 AM PST
    4 Down as of today 306.

goal 1 pound !

one at a time.
    Thank you Sharan!
    • 910 posts
    March 11, 2010 1:34 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    debrajo62 wrote...

Good luck AND Congratulations Debra!!! Good for you!

-10 so far. I've been a bad girl!!!!!!      

You've been bad? I ate a WHOLE (save 2 slices) chocolate  this week!!!!! I need an exercisM!  (exerciseM... exorcism -- word humor)
    • 1509 posts
    March 11, 2010 1:59 AM PST
    Oh I get it !
    HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    • 1516 posts
    March 11, 2010 2:47 AM PST
    ok I finally hit my -30 thanks to the well wishes! I started this diet, been doing everything I can do loose weight.. well the ole man lost 15 the first week! I just don't understand.. Reminds me of that commercial!

Thanks you bad girls for the well wishes.. hang in there, one pound at a time. The whole chocolate cake bad girl thing sounds like a Xrated movie.. heheheCount me in!!
    • 5420 posts
    March 11, 2010 2:52 AM PST
    Good for you Deb, way to go!!!

I am still working my butt off without any results.  I go to the gym every day and workout.  The problem is the more I work out, the bigger apppetite I get, so I just wind up eating more.  Got to get stronger on the eating thing!!!
    • 1364 posts
    March 11, 2010 4:58 AM PST
    You can do it Lucky, Once you put you mind to it..... It's not really about how much your eating. It's about what your eating. Deener and I have tried to cut out sweets, ice cream, fatty food, and fast food. Lots of water is key. We are eating lots of veggies, skinless chicken breasts, Steak, fruits and salads,apples, ect we also throw in our comfort food at times. Plus on the weekend we are in the RWR traing modeI  I'm stuck at 10# down so I'm going to switch things up a little. Deener is doing great. She is down about 15#. So hang in the mister. One day at a time
    • 277 posts
    March 11, 2010 5:53 AM PST
    I am cooking chicken and veggies and light meals, but Lucky wants steak with a side of steak!
    Lucky doesn't like drinking water.
    Hopefully, he will start listening to all the CYCLEFISH people telling him the same thing I have been telling him to do!
    • 910 posts
    March 11, 2010 6:09 AM PST
    debrajo62 wrote...
    ok I finally hit my -30 thanks to the well wishes! I started this diet, been doing everything I can do loose weight.. well the ole man lost 15 the first week! I just don't understand.. Reminds me of that commercial!

Thanks you bad girls for the well wishes.. hang in there, one pound at a time. The whole chocolate cake bad girl thing sounds like a Xrated movie.. heheheCount me in!!

Tell you what, after we both reach our goals we'll celebrate with some sinfully evil chocolate decadence!  
    • 1516 posts
    March 11, 2010 7:36 AM PST
    You are my kinda girl!!! I will hold you to that. I do have a few more before I am at my goal....

I am doing the belly fat cure with is low carb, only 6 servings of carbs daily, which a serving is from 5 to 20 and low sugar, no more than 15 grams, and you will like this part Lucky, you can eat all the steak you want, as it has none of either. You just can't have the bread to go with it. The tricky part is the drinks, as almost all of them have sugar. I eat a lot of sauteed veggies, spinach salads and any proteins that I want. The best part is that I can have butter, and bacon and loose wieght.. I am sold on this!!
  • March 11, 2010 7:38 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Good for you Deb, way to go!!!

I am still working my butt off without any results.  I go to the gym every day and workout.  The problem is the more I work out, the bigger apppetite I get, so I just wind up eating more.  Got to get stronger on the eating thing!!!

That is because muscle is heavier that fat!

• March 11, 2010 8:37 AM PST
    Ok I know I said I was going to start back when the thread was first started, but I didn't. Instead I gained almost 15 pounds from when it first started. So this week I've been getting started on eating better and last night I went to my first Krav Maga class. And let me tell you wholly sheeeiiittt I'm outta shape and this Krav Maga is INTENSE!

I've spent the last few weeks going to almost every dojo in the city talking to people, watching classes, doing a little research on things and I'm glad I did. Everything from Kickboxing, Brazilian JuJitsu, MMA, Karate, Takwando and more. I was at first decided upon Akido but pretty glad I checked out Krav Maga more. While Akido is beautiful to watch, it's a true Martial Art, and not much of a fitness workout.

I'd encourage anyone looking for something to kick your ass into gear to look into it. Here in the Mid South it's http://midsouthkravmaga.com/
    • 1516 posts
    March 11, 2010 8:50 AM PST
    No time like the present to get started hambone..