Summer Bod

• February 4, 2010 10:56 PM PST
    -17, wow!
    • 910 posts
    February 5, 2010 1:19 AM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    Lucky wrote...
    I have got to admit, my diet and exercise have not got off to that great of a start. Problem with diet is I JUST LOVE TO EAT, and the stuff I love to eat is fattening.

Yep after the 2nd week I tapered off aswell but I want to restart again.  but i only gained +2lbs so im back up to 62lbs to lose again.  lol

Me too. Was going good, then STRESS over my son last week - I ate crap to feed my inner turmoil (+1 as a result), then my *female* week this week (no further comment needed right?), still haven't managed to get to the gym once (but I do walk all over a very hilly campus), so I was a little worried what that scale would show. To my delight I somehow lost one more so I'm back where I was 2 weeks ago -6 is my total again. 

If I want to break through this plateau, it looks like I need to move my body... Guess I'm going to have to assert that curfew and get some proper ZZZs so I can get up and hit the gym before classes. No more CF until 2:30am every night/morning.
  • February 5, 2010 1:36 AM PST
    HEY! im new here hope all you guysngals loose it! last yr i was 298 in april drop down to 238 by sept! LOT OF WALKING! LESS EATING, but before i lost my weight, told wife sporty just wasnt powerful enough, so we traded. so i came out real good! GOT BIGGER BIKE! THEN LOST THE WT  [GRINNING] now my butt back up to 260LB sooooooooooo HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!! BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!! GOT ME A NEW HERITAGE   ok looks like a very nice site and some good people too! HAVE A NICE WEEKEND!!!! UNTIL SPRING DONT Y,ALL LOSE IT! YOUR MINDS I THAT IS
    • 5420 posts
    February 5, 2010 4:01 AM PST
    Ok, I finally have a routine going, and I am going to stick with it! I am at 185 lbs rith now with a 36" waist. My goal is to be down to 175 and under a 34" waist by the summer.
    • 277 posts
    February 5, 2010 4:26 AM PST
    I finally got back into the exercise groove. I try to find excuses not to exercise...clean the house, do bills, watch American Idol...but when it comes down to it, a good small workout is only 20 to 30 minutes. I can do that. I did it last year and lost 20 pounds. I kept it off and now I'm going to try for another 15 pounds and get toned up.

I got serious about it this week and since 01/01/10 only -3 but that's for not trying.

Get up off the couch!
  • February 5, 2010 8:44 AM PST
    Leveled out this week... still -35 total.

I haven't set a real goal yet but it would be cool to get back to my original weight. 9lbs 6oz
    • 1364 posts
    February 8, 2010 12:29 AM PST
    Hit the scales this morning and I am 10 down since we started this......
  • February 8, 2010 12:43 AM PST
    I'm afraid to get on the scale. I've been stress eating the past few days and with the fridgid temps.and winds my walking routine has faded to back and forth to the refridgerator. YIKES!!!
    I'm so jealous of you guys that drop it so fast. It takes a week to drop 1 lb. for me , no less 5 or 10.
    • 1509 posts
    February 8, 2010 4:49 AM PST
    Stayed the same plato i hope!
  • February 9, 2010 3:24 AM PST
    On a side note... leveled out at -35 but my BP is down from 145/90 to 123/82 and chlestorlol down from way to high to almost normal (can't remember the numbers) In short I went from definantely head toward a heatattack to probabaly not
    • 910 posts
    February 9, 2010 4:03 AM PST
    JimandTerri wrote...
    On a side note... leveled out at -35 but my BP is down from 145/90 to 123/82 and chlestorlol down from way to high to almost normal (can't remember the numbers) In short I went from definantely head toward a heatattack to probabaly not

I bet that's music to your ears! (ours too)
    • 1364 posts
    February 9, 2010 5:09 AM PST
    Great work Jim, Glad to hear it....................
  • February 9, 2010 5:20 AM PST
    Keep up the good work, Jim! Glad to hear the numbers are going down!
    • 601 posts
    February 9, 2010 10:29 AM PST
    I have never had any weight problems, 75kg since i was 18..my wife is always trying one thing or another to lose weight she go's up and down like everyone else, but my daughter got her to try this machine called a "vibro plate" and she says its great, maybe not for losing weight but for toning..i took one go off it and had to run for the toilet..its like an old shovelhead doing 90. Have you guys tried it
  • February 9, 2010 10:50 AM PST
    I want to get in better shape so I bought "The Biggest Loser" workout video - I barely made through the easy level 10 minute cardio workout. My legs instantly went rubbery, I was sweating, muffin top jiggling, heart pounding, gasping for air in the first minute - wooo weee I got a long way to go to have a body like Jillian Michaels.
  • February 9, 2010 11:22 AM PST
    It seems most of us have had the same couple of weeks. I'm pickin up steam now. -3 this week for a total of -7. Workouts getting easier and finally can do the biggest loser workout without fear of cardiac arrest! I feel your pain pixiestardust102! I hate Jillian! lol
  • February 10, 2010 11:27 AM PST
    Thanks guys.

Hey girls, if you get Fit TV, check out Shimmy. Terri started it and loves it! And when she gets good so will I. It's a start to finish work out series of belly dancing. NICE!
    • 910 posts
    February 10, 2010 11:38 AM PST
    JimandTerri wrote...
    Thanks guys.

Hey girls, if you get Fit TV, check out Shimmy. Terri started it and loves it! And when she gets good so will I. It's a start to finish work out series of belly dancing. NICE!

I love Shimmy!! Haven't done it since I left on my road trip. Think I'll have to see if I have that channel now.
    • 1516 posts
    February 11, 2010 3:19 AM PST
    Ok, I am still hanging in there. I am now - 24 this morning. Still plenty to go, but I can do  this!
    Keep up the good work everyone spring is right around the corner!!
    • 1161 posts
    February 11, 2010 3:41 AM PST
    Im going to restart again on monday but im still at -12 only 62 more left!
  • February 12, 2010 12:03 PM PST
     Everyone is doing amazing!!  Great job.  

We will all have our moments where we have stress or "cycles" to deal with.   The best thing to remember is not to get discouraged.    You are entitled to those moments.  Keep the faith and know that you will overcome them. 

Can you imagine if everyone was perfect...what a world we would be...ick. 

I love reading that even though an obstacle has detoured your motivation, you overcome and continue with your main goals of getting fit and taking care of you! 

Great job and kudos to all! 
  • February 12, 2010 12:37 PM PST
    I'm at -10..... I'm trying just not working as fast as i hoped. doing PT twice a day ..5 Days a week......Cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon.
    • 910 posts
    February 12, 2010 4:21 PM PST
    kris10den wrote...
     Everyone is doing amazing!!  Great job.  

We will all have our moments where we have stress or "cycles" to deal with.   The best thing to remember is not to get discouraged.    You are entitled to those moments.  Keep the faith and know that you will overcome them. 

Can you imagine if everyone was perfect...what a world we would be...ick. 

I love reading that even though an obstacle has detoured your motivation, you overcome and continue with your main goals of getting fit and taking care of you! 

Great job and kudos to all! 

thanks Kris10den I needed that little . I'm +/- 0... holding at -6 total. Got in touch with an old hiking buddy. We are going to hike a mountain in 2 weeks. I had to get creative with the activities... I can't seem to get my butt into the gym even though I can see it from my window.
  • February 13, 2010 1:34 AM PST
    Y'all are all still doing so great!
    Buffy, some of us had further to go than beautiful youso you are doing great too, I'm like you, hate the gym but will burn some serious calories if I feel like I'm just outside playing, hiking's a great idea!
    -17 and holding here.
  • g
    February 13, 2010 3:38 AM PST
    mind adventuregirl ,i ll need to see this body if u come over the pond !!