What 's Everyone Doing This Weekend?

• December 16, 2011 11:52 PM PST
    Haven't decided which way to ride yet, but central coast is looking good.
  • December 17, 2011 8:57 AM PST
    Hangin' with hubby (new member RKclassic), making our first batch of Nut Brown Ale. I'd love to post pics but it doesn't seem to be available via IPad. Have a good weekend everyone!
    • 5420 posts
    March 14, 2012 1:20 PM PDT
    St Patty's Day is on a Saturday - so I'm going to PARTY (imagine that)

And we're having the party at the house so I can get fall-down drunk!!! It's the least I can do to thank our Irish friends for sharing their Holiday with us.
  • March 14, 2012 2:42 PM PDT
    I've got a busy schedule, the yard needs mowing, but I'm going to sneak in semi short rides both Friday and Saturday.
    Anyone know how difficult it is to adjust a throttle cable at the throttle bodies on a Yamaha FZ? I know I've gotta lift the tank, take out the air filter. Is it easy? lol
    • 1855 posts
    March 14, 2012 2:58 PM PDT
    I'm retired. Spring work is all finished. New deck is finished. Weather is sunny and in the 70's. Guess!!!!!

Peace
    • 601 posts
    March 15, 2012 11:24 PM PDT
    Festival week-end here in Ireland, weather is a wee bit shitty so won't be much biking done. some great bands playing in town over the week-end (free) might just catch a few choons in my local after the parade tomorrow, and see where the fun takes me for a few days...

• March 16, 2012 1:26 AM PDT
    Let's see. Leave work at 1300. Ride home then jump in the cage and shop for something to toss on the grill. Kids home around 1600...goof off with them until my better half gets home at 1800. Then, grill and chill till whenever. Great way to start the weekend!
    • 395 posts
    March 16, 2012 1:35 AM PDT
    I'm gonna spend about 4 hours saturday putting on green body paint...pictures to follow......everybody be safe getting your buzz on...
  • March 16, 2012 1:37 AM PDT
    Daytona bound, then bounce up to Savanah for the riverwalk fest of clovers, have a great one "T"
    • 80 posts
    March 16, 2012 2:18 AM PDT
    Not a bad weather forecast for Virginia considering that it is only March. I plan to put some miles on in the southern part of the state and avoid the LEOs out to rack up some St. Pats day money.
  • March 16, 2012 2:48 AM PDT
    Planning lots of miles, just don't know where yet! LOL! Good possibility of crossing roads with a new CF friend, that would be cool! Looking to find a green beer in there somewhere too!
  • March 16, 2012 3:53 AM PDT
    The weather will be raining here in So. Cal. Our track is dark and no racing or bike riding, my husband will be working on our race shop. I have a fire inspection coming up at my business in the near future, so my best efforts will be going towards getting my shop cleaned up and ready for inspection.

Might also make me a personal T-shirt with some statement on it to wear to our next race. I call them my "silent protest" shirts. Make them all the time and have a lot of fun seeing people's reaction when reading them.
  • March 16, 2012 4:35 AM PDT
    A few meetings & some Step work with my Spons (1st things 1st lol) Maybe go to DC an meander around with the 2 kids that are with me, 1 visiting from FL (18 & 20) #1 daughter is due by Months end but feelin crampy!!Maybe havin a Grandson soon, could be this weekend, ya never know!!

Whatever everyone is doin, do it safe and be on the look out!! Its gonna be amateur hr out there this weekend!
    ~P
    • 3006 posts
    March 16, 2012 5:18 AM PDT
    We have that old familiar friend visiting the S F Bay Area,ole man winterFor once its a relief,we needed the rain desperately & its coming in now in spades,also putting a lot of snow in the mtns. The nasty weather makes it a great weekend for getting a nice cozy fire going & hanging out. The grankids are bummed no St Pattys Day parade & fun tomorrow,yet for this time of year rain is usually on the menu here,n lots of it ! So if ur east of me and having good weather make sure to git out n enjoy it,this storm coming thru is packing a punch
    stay safe & enjoy the ride everyone & happy st patricks day !!!!

• March 16, 2012 7:31 AM PDT
    On Saturday going out to breakfast with some of the girls I ride with then going to the parade. On Sunday riding with a bunch of friends going to Poopies in Savannah Illinois. Going to be a great weekend.
  • March 16, 2012 10:26 AM PDT
    Well the old girls has her hair and nails done. (detailed and waxed)
    Hope to make the trip to Chunky RIver tomorrow (3/17/12) with a group.
    I am sure I will be the only Voyager XII at a HOG  shop.

• March 16, 2012 4:43 PM PDT
    @ Blur... We are going to get it here in So Cal as well. But a BBQ is still is order and a date with Mr. Wonderful on Sunday... I hope everyone has an awesome weekend and be careful out there.
    • 823 posts
    March 16, 2012 4:49 PM PDT
    ummm drinking so far.............. St Patricks day tomorrow so ummmmmm.......... more drinking............ freaking windy here so more drinking in the forecast..........
  • March 16, 2012 11:39 PM PDT
    breaking in fresh topend on the 95 incher. 150 miles left before dyno.
  • March 17, 2012 1:10 AM PDT
    I think this is my weekend to prune apple trees. And if the forecasted thunderstorms hold off, I am not going to pass up a 75° day in March - I will be cruising around the county at some point...
    • 823 posts
    March 17, 2012 10:25 AM PDT

• March 17, 2012 12:07 PM PDT
    Finally met, and enjoyed a beautiful day of twisty country roads with a new CF friend! Thank-you Kimba! You know who you are LOL!
  • March 17, 2012 3:58 PM PDT
    What did I do Saturday? Went on that group trip to Chunky River. That is a local Harley shop in Meridian.
    We had a wonderful day there and saw some very nice rides. Yes, I was right.
    Good food, good ride, good friends. What more could you ask of a day.
    • 1161 posts
    March 18, 2012 6:14 AM PDT
    Went and said good by to a friend and fellow rider passed from cancer in under 2 months after he was diagnosed for the 3rd time. He was a young 57, and just had his first grandson one month ago. He will be missed.

Also burned the back yard to get rid of the pine straw off. It will last for so much longer then trying to rake it up and dispose of it. Also the grass will grow back better then being smothered.
    • 5420 posts
    April 6, 2012 1:34 AM PDT
    Thinking about heading down to the beach for the Grunion Run tomorrow night.  Haven't been there to see it in over 20 years, so we may just head down there.  For those not from around here the Grunion Run is when the grunions (fish) coming up on the beach for spawning.  Just pretty cool to watch because the beach completely fills with grunion.  Some people make kind of a party out of it setting up camp at the beach, hanging around the campfire just waiting for the grunion to come in.

Each year, March through August hundreds of grunion will come ashore to spawn. Spawning takes place 3 or 4 nights after the full or new moon. Spawning typically starts with a single male stranding himself on the beach with the incoming waves. Successive waves bring more and more grunion until the beach is covered with spawning grunion.