What 's Everyone Doing This Weekend?

• 58 posts
    September 19, 2015 6:45 AM PDT
    Rode home from Houston yesterday (the long way, of course). Just chillin for the most part for the rest of the weekend. Should be a ride or 3 in there someplace.  Just enjoying and getting used to the new ride.
    • 1855 posts
    September 19, 2015 1:15 PM PDT
    Gypsy and I just got back from a 2K trip that started last Thursday the 10th and ended today the 19th (Saturday). We rolled into our homestead here in Lillian, Alabama this afternoon. It was gorgeous in Ky, N.C. and Georgia as temps were a bit below normal but perfect for riding. Mornings were chilly but our blood has thinned since we moved here. It's good to be home. Ironic isn't it? Love the trips but it's always great to be home.

Peace
    • 57 posts
    September 25, 2015 12:39 AM PDT
    Glad to hear you're back on the road,so how was your first Alabama summer,Hot and Humid or what???
    • 19034 posts
    September 25, 2015 11:21 PM PDT
     Taking Rex out for a ride along famous River Road in Terlingua, Texas
    • 1855 posts
    September 26, 2015 8:32 AM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    Glad to hear you're back on the road,so how was your first Alabama summer,Hot and Humid or what???

It was definitely both.  Locals said it all came a bit earlier than normal but we were just too busy to deal with it really.  We only managed a couple early morning rides in August.  Monsoon season in lower Alabama is quite unique.  10% chance and it rains like hell. LOL  The temps and humidity are easing and all I can think of is thank the Lord we'll not be in Ohio this winter.  We love it here brother.  I just wish we would've made the move years ago.  Ya'll come and see us when ya can. 

Peace

• 19034 posts
    September 28, 2015 12:29 AM PDT
     And then there was this...
    • 6 posts
    December 6, 2017 10:26 AM PST
    The Motorcycle Riders Memorial of Illinois is having their meeting Dec. 9 at Lowery's Irish Pub in Mt. Vernon. Chili cook off, broomstick pool tournament. Will be a brisk ride but lots of fun and good people. Starts at noon till? All are welcome.