Sooooo, watcha doin or did you do today?

• 1516 posts
    June 14, 2010 5:04 AM PDT
    Me too, this working is not what I remember from last week!
    • 5420 posts
    June 14, 2010 8:36 AM PDT
    I just got back from the Redwood Run... What a great time!!! There were a ton of CycleFish members, some camping with us , and a lot more came by to say hi. The ride home was hell, at least 200 miles today where it never got under 110°. I am beat. More on the run and some pictures soon.
    • 467 posts
    June 14, 2010 8:58 AM PDT
    FX, supposedly--it's only supposed to rain in the afternoon tomorrow and Thursday-so a breakfast run to Custer may be in the cards. We'll see.....
    As far as room for the bikes--they already have it! LOL When we were building the garage that was first on Clay's list! Build up the land high enough to keep it from getting flooded during Spring Melt! So--all the toys are taken care of!
    • 19040 posts
    June 14, 2010 10:01 PM PDT
    Down to Custer Huh?? Wish I was on Iron Mountain road. I have family in Rapid City and I hope to get there sometime before fall.
  • June 15, 2010 1:41 AM PDT
    Got to mow the lawn!!! My push mower decided to not work, so I have to use the tractor on areas that are not meant for the tractor. Pain in the butt!!! My weed wacker has also s#@*t the bed, so it is getting pretty scraggley looking around here. Sometimes I hate being a homeowner...........................!!!!! I wanna call the landlord! Oh no,,,,,,,thats ME!!!!!
    • 467 posts
    June 15, 2010 1:54 AM PDT
    Yeah Rex, when the weather isn't making Hell's Canyon dangerous--a trip to Custer is a must! Closest DQ to me! And I gotta have my Blizzard!
    • 413 posts
    June 15, 2010 2:02 AM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    Got to mow the lawn!!! My push mower decided to not work, so I have to use the tractor on areas that are not meant for the tractor. Pain in the butt!!! My weed wacker has also s#@*t the bed, so it is getting pretty scraggley looking around here. Sometimes I hate being a homeowner...........................!!!!! I wanna call the landlord! Oh no,,,,,,,thats ME!!!!!

yep, me and you deb in the same boat. Rideing mower in ares where the push mower should be but it don't work. Fixing to clean up around this shit hole. Got a front porch to clean off, a burn pile to burn, the trash man is gonna be pissed when he comes Thursday.

• June 15, 2010 2:21 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

yep, me and you deb in the same boat. Rideing mower in ares where the push mower should be but it don't work. Fixing to clean up around this shit hole. Got a front porch to clean off, a burn pile to burn, the trash man is gonna be pissed when he comes Thursday.

The burn pile is the best out of the list!!! Start making a BIg fire and get rid of it all! LOL

I have soo much that needs repair. My ex told me he fixed stuff that he never touched...liar!!!
    I need to hit the lotto.....
    • 19040 posts
    June 15, 2010 2:23 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Sorry SideKick, I tried to fix it...Maybe next time when I can bring more tools...

Dude! You mean they make riding mowers?? All I have is a walk behind. Gonna do my lawn today to. I love the smell of fresh cut grass ( when I'm riding and it is someone else's grass).
    • 1364 posts
    June 15, 2010 2:30 AM PDT
    Taking one more day off to recover from the Redwood Run. WOW what a great time..... 
    • 413 posts
    June 15, 2010 3:17 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Sorry SideKick, I tried to fix it...Maybe next time when I can bring more tools...

Dude! You mean they make riding mowers?? All I have is a walk behind. Gonna do my lawn today to. I love the smell of fresh cut grass ( when I'm riding and it is someone else's grass).

Well, I may have mislead ya'll just a bit      The BOYS are gonna earn their keep for the next few days cleaning up before I head to Ky. They already bitchin and moanin cause it's too hot  It's ONLY like maybe 100 heat index...geeeeeesh, I'll give em water and a break every 2 hours 

My riding mower is the kind ya see ya have to start by hot wireing it, the motor skips and misses and thats on its best day, the steering column is about to fall off, but it still beats walkin...LOL

• June 15, 2010 3:30 AM PDT
    Just did an oil & filter change with a grease job on my Craftsman. I guess I should touch up the blades a bit. Been taking good care of it. Had to change the battery last week, it was 6 years old. Also had to change the little plastic lines on the weedeater, it kept pissing fuel down my right hip and finally quit running. New lines fixed it. Can you say firey stunts? Yep, riding around the yard wishing I was cruising down the highway. Oh well.... Next week... See y'all in Bolling Green.
    • 1 posts
    June 15, 2010 3:39 AM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

The burn pile is the best out of the list!!! Start making a BIg fire and get rid of it all! LOL

I have soo much that needs repair. My ex told me he fixed stuff that he never touched...liar!!!

Be careful it's not too dry outside and the wind is not blowing.....It's very embarrassing to have to call the fire department.      Trust me.
  • June 15, 2010 3:40 AM PDT
    Little brother's day off today, he offered to do the mowing!!! What a good brother he is!!! I'd hug him if he'd let me...LOL
    • 413 posts
    June 15, 2010 3:47 AM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Be careful it's not too dry outside and the wind is not blowing.....It's very embarrassing to have to call the fire department.      Trust me.

NO YOU DIDN'T....................     

• 1 posts
    June 15, 2010 3:56 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

NO YOU DIDN'T....................     

Oh yeah,  The ground was wet, but the dead grass wasn't.....but I had it mostly out by the time the fire truck got there.  The kicker was...the truck with the water drove past my house.  The 911 system where your house number is right by the road really doesn't work very well.   The next week a lady not too far from us did the same thing but she burned her house down and her propane tank exploded. 

• June 15, 2010 4:03 AM PDT
    Kinda like in the movie "The Worlds Fastest Indian". That's How Burt "tended" his Lawns... If ya ain't seen the movie and yer over 35 years old, I highly recomend it!!!!
  • June 15, 2010 4:15 AM PDT
    cathy you could have had your picture takin with the fire fighters
    • 1 posts
    June 15, 2010 4:30 AM PDT
    TACO wrote...
    cathy you could have had your picture takin with the fire fighters

That was a couple of years ago.  Since then I'm not really allowed to have matches or lighters.      The truck with the water had to go quite a ways to find a place to turn around on our road. 
    • 467 posts
    June 15, 2010 4:32 AM PDT

Rex, if I tried to mow all that I mow with a walk behind I would die of a heart attack 1/3 the way through (if not sooner)! I have 33 acres to tend to and to keep from overtaking my "fenced in" yard! I do have horses--but they can't keep up in the spring.  My husband bought me a Polaris Rzr with a Swisher pull behind electric start mower after our first year here--he loves me so much! Doesn't want me to overwork myself!
  • June 15, 2010 10:21 AM PDT
    Well, since my little brother offered to do the mowing, I decided to jump on the bike and take a ride. Stopped and visited with friends, yaked it up for a while, went to the vets and picked up medicine for the dog, rode around and stopped at my favorite rest stop on my way home for a smoke and a couple of phone calls.
  • June 15, 2010 10:26 AM PDT
    awesome view nice lookin bike too.... have i seen that somewhere b4? roflmao
  • June 15, 2010 10:32 AM PDT
    I think you might have......LOL
    She is a nice little bike, great to learn on. I am about ready to go a bit bigger now! She goes pretty good with 6 gears, but I get blown all over the road when it is windy or when trucks go by. Sometimes I feel like a bobble head doll. LOL
  • g
    June 15, 2010 7:09 PM PDT
    far was ma phone call ...........??
    • 413 posts
    June 15, 2010 9:21 PM PDT
    g wrote...
    far was ma phone call ...........??

She thought you wuz wankin; didn't want ta disturb ya...

Oh BTW, tha Post Office don't know WTF happened to tha pkg. she told me to check back Friday and see if they found anything out......feckers!