What Did You Do This Weekend

• September 27, 2009 1:35 PM PDT
    Haven't had the bike out for two weeks. So it was a relief to get it out and go on a poker run, The weather was a little bit gray and drizzly, but it felt great anyway! Ran into a bunch of people I haven't seen in forever ( as well as my usual riding buds!). A crazy, good time was had by all.
  • September 28, 2009 2:38 AM PDT
    Had a great weekend in Reno, for Street Vibrations, went into Virginia city and had a blast ! Topless, Topless, Topless, and NO not convertibles !
  • September 30, 2009 3:18 AM PDT
    We got to see the grand kids for the first time in a while. Two of our children came up with 3 grand kids, what a great weekend. But I am worn out, sure am glad I don't have young kids anymore!!!
    • 1364 posts
    September 30, 2009 4:00 AM PDT
    HHHHHHmmmmm Friday evening went to a KISS pre sale ticket party at the Feedback Lounge. Deener won a KISS T shirt. Saturday day we hit the river in thd drift boat, Fish all day and had a few drinks. Beautiful day. Sunny and 70ยบ Lots of Pinks and Deener got a nice Silver. Sunday, We did some house work, went for a nice ride had dinner and headed home...
    • 1516 posts
    September 30, 2009 4:33 AM PDT
    I had a great weekend, went with Richard, AKA Harleyman up the pacific coast to meet up with GHayes and her family, They got the rest of thier stuff packed up and went to Fort Ross up on the coast.

On the way up Highway 1 we were above the marine layer looking down on the ocean, like we were in a plane, it was so beautiful. Went on aways and had to wait for the cows to wander out of the road so we could continue. Went in up a few more miles till we came to our camp grounds.

We were right above the cliffs right on the ocean. It was wonderous. There were not to many trails down to the water for fishing, so Richard went looking for access, which was pretty much not existant.

We stayed there for a couple nights and then on Sunday, we packed up and went down the coast to Bodega Bay. Now there is a place I could hang out for many many days. So finally we got to fish and play in the water and BBQ. No we still didn't catch anything, but at least there was some fishing going on.

It started getting cold so we packed up and headed back to the house, Larry, Harleymans nephew took us on a little goat trail kind of a road that was a perfect ending to the day we had. Sonoma county has more scenery and beauty than most. Being in Bodega Bay we past the old cemetery and churchthat was in the movie The Birds. So my son, being the comic/TV Buff that he is got started talking about Zombies instead of birds. So just to make us laugh and keep us all awake he made up a song for the occation. Zombies in Bodega Bay. He sang that line more than a few times and wanted us to join in for the chorus. He sang it in a Barry White kinda fashion. It was pretty funny.

We finally made it back to their house and got cleaned up and found us all places to sleep, thank goodness cuz we were very tired by then. We got up the next morning and had a BBQ that couldn't be beat, looked at the house that they may be moving into, (keep your fingers crossed for them) and then we all piled into my little PT Cruiser and Richards truck and we blazed a trail home. Well that is until we got to Rio Vista and you guessed it, Harleyman had to do some more fishing. I wished him luck and hit the road. It was a great weekend and I as soon as I recover from the last two weekends I am ready to go back to see more "Zombies in Bodega Bay"

Lucky and Laura, pack your bags and lets go there to camp.. what do you think??

Oh yeah, pictures will be posted probably tonight.
    • 1364 posts
    October 5, 2009 1:40 AM PDT
    Had a great  weekend, Worked on Saturday. Off work at 1:30pm, home by 2:15  Deener and I were on the road around 3:30 with trailer in tow to set up hunting camp. Camp was set up by 7:00pm and the adult beverages were cold and smooth.  Nice full moon evening with a little rain. Very peaceful. Sunday Deener fixed an great breakfast. Drove in to town for a few supplies and back to camp and in to the woods for a little hike and scouting. Beautiful day. Sunny and 50º  
  • October 5, 2009 2:33 AM PDT
    Here in Southern/Central NY the weekend was a mixture of clouds, rain, and sun.. But the leaves are at peak just about and the smell that flows through the air is undescribable when your cruising on your bike.. I took this weekend and road road road..I went up Seneca Lake and Came back home along Keuka Lake..About 6 hours and amazing.. stopped and did a few wine tasting and had to have a few dark micro brews as well..That was sunday..Saturday I did laundry took my 4 year old grandson to the library to watch Monsters VS Aliens then came home and road my bike for a few hours..left about 3 came in around 10:30 a little frozen (greatful for chaps) but wouldn't have given it away for nothing.. Sundays ride was so freaken amazing....love fall riding..
  • October 5, 2009 3:08 AM PDT
    This weekend was a mixed bag. On Saturday it was visit to the local dealerships for their open houses. We all then decided to head up to the Lake Ontario shore to Hilton for their Apple Festival. Nothing like the smell of cooked apples on crisp breezes. We took in the sights & ate our way through the festival. We didn't get home until 11pm & as we passed through Rochester, it was still 55 degrees. That's pretty good & we had the full moon to ride by to get home. Saturday was HOG club meeting with a chicken BBQ after our ride. We were going to ride around Seneca lake, but it started to rain, so we just hung out, chatted with each other until the chicken was ready. It was worth the wait. It was really good. Got home before the sun went down. It certainly was different days between Saturday & Sunday, but still got on the bike both days..... life is good.
  • October 5, 2009 4:32 AM PDT
    Took a rainy ride in from West Tennessee via Kentucky. Well ya know sometimes you just don't go strait home. Even though it was wet I still had a great time with some great friends.
  • October 5, 2009 5:03 AM PDT
    My son-in-law and his dad and I rode from the Texas Hill Country out to Fort Davis, spent a long weekend touring historical stuff, riding the mountain passes, seeing the weird Marfa Lights, and watching college football. Rode back the southern route and toured Judge Roy Bean's saloon. 900 miles, RT. Great weekend.
  • g
    October 5, 2009 8:47 AM PDT
    painted r1 parts for a good pal ,watched the gp ,thats about it .
    • 5420 posts
    October 5, 2009 9:36 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    painted r1 parts for a good pal ,watched the gp ,thats about it .
    GP was great, got to watch a couple of the races myself!!!
    • 834 posts
    October 5, 2009 12:30 PM PDT
    Went out with a few friends on what started out as a breakfast ride. Well we wound up in Laughlin for lunch. Turned out pretty good though because I won $200 on a slot machine, which I put most of back in. All in all I came home with about $30 more than I left with. And that was after I ate 3 meals and drank a few beers. Can't beat that for what started out as a breakfast ride.
  • October 5, 2009 9:34 PM PDT
    What else? RIDE!
    • 5420 posts
    October 26, 2009 6:42 AM PDT
    Had a great weekend with great weather. On Saturday we took a ride up through the Ortega Highway to Hell's Kitchen where we met up with Shadow and Diane from Search Angels. We were to meet them to pick up a couple of donations for the raffle, and would up spending a few hours BS'n with them. What great people, we now have some new friends!!!

Sunday I headed up to Cook's Corner just to hang out for a bit. When I got there I remembered it was the last stop of Abate Local 20's poker run...so it was packed (guess I should have looked at the calendar. Laura was busy in the early part of the day, so I ran home and picked her up around 3:00. We headed back over to Cook's, and hung out with some good old friends we hadn't seen in a while.
    • 467 posts
    October 26, 2009 7:26 AM PDT
    We spent the weekend butchering our elk that we got on the Monday before. Monday will be elk steaks for dinner! MMmmmm!
    • 5420 posts
    October 26, 2009 8:18 AM PDT
    cnciaco wrote...
    We spent the weekend butchering our elk that we got on the Monday before. Monday will be elk steaks for dinner! MMmmmm!

If you can't finish it, I could send you my address!!!

• 467 posts
    October 26, 2009 8:44 AM PDT
    Are you kidding! I was freekin' out because I could see the bottom of my freezer! Should you get out this way though, you will be welcome for a dinner.
    Thank God that we still have 2 'additional cow/calf' licenses to fill.
  • October 26, 2009 11:12 AM PDT
    Married Steven!!!
    Love you Babe....can not wait for better weather so we can get our bikes out for a ride. 
    • 21 posts
    October 26, 2009 12:14 PM PDT
    man, I'm jealous!!!! Poured here Sat so did work in the house - Sun was nice but had a wedding to go to!!! UGH!!
  • October 26, 2009 12:51 PM PDT
    Spend the weekend with my Knee propped up on a pillow, S/P surgery. Simple stuff cleaned up the extra junk in there and trimmed the meniscus a little. Better now walking, should be back on the new bike any day.
    • 190 posts
    October 26, 2009 1:08 PM PDT
    Congrats MDBikergal!
    Hope your healed up soon nakkedbiker.
    Saturday was pretty crappy, but sunday was nice for this time of year.
  • October 26, 2009 10:46 PM PDT
    Thanks Lucky and Hutch78.
  • g
    October 27, 2009 1:22 AM PDT
    watched the gp ,was great ,rossi the champ again .
    • 5420 posts
    October 27, 2009 2:59 AM PDT
    g, I was reading that Rossi was thinking of going to 4 wheels - Rally Cars - next year. We would sure miss him on the GP circuit!

Rossi on 4 Wheels?