Hobbies - Other Than Motorcycles

• 15 posts
    December 30, 2015 5:22 AM PST
    Smoking food and drinking beers.
    • 5417 posts
    December 30, 2015 6:01 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    I've taken to creating a work-space at one end of our sunroom just in case I actually want to work on anything.  I've got a mechanical work-station in the garage and there was actually no room for wood working.  But I'm also discovering that whatever tool I may need in one space is in the other space.

Very nice work area!

• 16780 posts
    January 2, 2016 8:06 AM PST
     The "Great TV Spirits" gifted us with a bigger one for Christmas so I had to give the old TV stand a top chop.
    Cutting stuff up and rebuilding it is my comfort zone anyway. Now I can see who is in what place during the NASCAR races without getting up and walking to the TV.
    • 18989 posts
    January 5, 2016 11:02 PM PST
    Nice Rev!
    • 16780 posts
    January 6, 2016 7:39 AM PST
    Thank you my friend. :-)
    • 18989 posts
    January 12, 2016 2:29 AM PST
     Working on a cutting board for friends...Walnut, Cherry, Paduk, and Maple...This image is just a clamp up to decide on arrangement
    • 16780 posts
    January 12, 2016 3:58 AM PST
    Cool!
  • January 19, 2016 12:00 PM PST
    I ride a 20' Smoothie Cruiser Bicycle that is awesome
    To ride on our cycle paths here in northwestern Oregon
    PS, I'm not getting off my lazy arse n walking out to
    The garage to send a pic. Lol
    • 11 posts
    January 23, 2016 12:19 PM PST
    WideGlide719, love that smoker!
    • 11 posts
    January 23, 2016 12:24 PM PST
    hiking, camping, fishing, volunteering with the National Forestry service.
    • 4 posts
    January 26, 2016 4:08 AM PST
    Breathing is huge.....
  • January 26, 2016 11:22 PM PST
     So much talent in the group !

As for me music and small wood projects
    • 11 posts
    January 27, 2016 10:32 AM PST
    Dana, that is beautiful.
    • 1161 posts
    February 14, 2016 3:07 AM PST
     Well I have been volunteering as a Support Firefighter.  And getting ready to jump into RC trucks (4x4 1/10 scale).  Since we no longer have a local track around here I decided to go for the monster truck.  So dad and I can run them here around the house.
    • 5417 posts
    March 27, 2016 6:12 AM PDT
    My other hobby is making unique stuff to do things easier.

My latest project. I hate getting the ladder out and really hate trying to balance on it when I trim the trees. I know I could have bought an extended trimmer, but making this was so much more fun & satisfying. Just a 2x4 narrowed for handle, two hose clamps, piece of extension cord and an old dishwasher door interlock switch. Works great, can reach up to 11' feet now!!!

• March 27, 2016 8:20 AM PDT
    Dam I think Lucky really from Alabama lol
    • 1855 posts
    March 27, 2016 12:38 PM PDT
    Sunchaser74 wrote...
    Dam I think Lucky really from Alabama lol

A bit of duct tape might convince me.

• 16780 posts
    March 28, 2016 7:25 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    My other hobby is making unique stuff to do things easier.

My latest project. I hate getting the ladder out and really hate trying to balance on it when I trim the trees. I know I could have bought an extended trimmer, but making this was so much more fun & satisfying. Just a 2x4 narrowed for handle, two hose clamps, piece of extension cord and an old dishwasher door interlock switch. Works great, can reach up to 11' feet now!!!

You would fit right in here in NW PA my friend. 

• 18989 posts
    March 29, 2016 1:25 AM PDT
     Hey Dude, we think alike, kinda...out here in West Texas we have Mesquite bushes that defiy any weed whacker made. They are the toughest little $#@&$#(*&$(@*#&$ you can try and cut...Until I got creative...Definitely not OSHA approved though
    • 5417 posts
    March 29, 2016 2:38 AM PDT
    Now that could do some damage if you are not careful
    • 16780 posts
    March 29, 2016 8:20 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
     Hey Dude, we think alike, kinda...out here in West Texas we have Mesquite bushes that defiy any weed whacker made. They are the toughest little $#@&$#(*&$(@*#&$ you can try and cut...Until I got creative...Definitely not OSHA approved though

I like it! 

• 5417 posts
    March 30, 2016 5:23 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

I'm thinking this same think would work well for the larger branches on the trees.  May have to give it a try.

• 18989 posts
    March 31, 2016 12:34 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

I'm thinking this same think would work well for the larger branches on the trees.  May have to give it a try.
    WARNING. Yes it works but it will grab and yank it away from you at times. BE VERY CAREFUL, I speak from experience (no blood, just a cut water tank)
    • 5417 posts
    November 15, 2016 2:00 PM PST

Just going through some older postes and saw that last year around this time I posted here that I started a doll house for my grand daughter and never posted the final pisc.  Here they are...

This post was edited by Lucky at November 15, 2016 2:00 PM PST
    • 16780 posts
    November 15, 2016 9:50 PM PST

Cool!