Hobbies - Other Than Motorcycles

• 18989 posts
    November 16, 2016 4:45 AM PST

Nice! Now scale it up and Build Laura that Mansion!!!

• 580 posts
    November 29, 2016 2:11 PM PST
    The doll's house is ace! I have a smaller one at home a friend updated for me. However the grandchildren think it's creepy so I have to cover it up when they come round. Perhaps when Evie gets a little older she will love it
    • 8 posts
    November 30, 2016 10:52 PM PST

I never concidered motorcycle a hobbie, But then I would guess thats what I do in life, Im eather riding building buying selling or talking motercycles. before I retired I did work but only enough to keep the bikes running. Now that Im retired I stop by the clubhouse several times a week. keeping it up.  tend bar on the weekends, and build fast high necked motercycles,   Life is as it should be 

• December 1, 2016 6:44 AM PST

Well I enjoy just going down to the basement and making stuff from old lumber or pallets I've found in dumpsters.

Night Dragon

• 3006 posts
    December 1, 2016 8:59 AM PST

ND,The hat rack looks great, as do the other pieces you created.

TanzaniteD that is a really sweet picture, and the veil over the head is still practiced in a lot of places around the country.

I am still looking for that perfect picture/scene to take and still practicing my music.One of these days I'll learn how to pick these strings right!

• 5417 posts
    December 2, 2016 9:32 AM PST

Nice work.  I love building stuff!

[blockquote]NightDragon said:

Well I enjoy just going down to the basement and making stuff from old lumber or pallets I've found in dumpsters.

Night Dragon

[/blockquote]

• 18989 posts
    December 3, 2016 6:33 AM PST

Ha a show few months back

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at December 3, 2016 6:35 AM PST
  • December 3, 2016 6:38 AM PST

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

Ha a show few months back

[/blockquote]

I Love em Mike........You are trully blessed in this arena.

ND

• 18989 posts
    December 4, 2016 5:52 AM PST

Thanks Ken

• 16780 posts
    December 4, 2016 12:55 PM PST

Nice!

• December 7, 2016 11:07 PM PST

Bass fishing - Number 1 after riding

Trout fishing - Love to tie my own flies, take the fly rod to the river and hook into some nice Rainbow or German Browns

• December 18, 2016 8:27 AM PST

PS: Where did the Classifieds go?

I have some parts from a couple bikes  and a shitload of outboard motor & boat, pickup truck partsthat I no longer have that I would practacally give away or Trade for something I could use.

They are just taking up space in my garage.

Walt

WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

• December 18, 2016 8:33 AM PST

Does trying to Sell Everything I own before I die count as a Hobby?

Capt Walt

WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

Anyone Want to do some fishing in 2017?

I have a boat, am a Disabled Veteran and need help with it. I am Not Physically able to do the work on the boat due to incurable medical issues. My health is failing, Non curable medical problem Chemo Therapy drugs and other nasty drugs that I will be on the rest of my life, however long that may be, that are keeping me alive but, I won’t ever be able to work again. I just am not able to do much anymore. Physically & financial Help is needed. check my facebook picture albums to see the boat. Looking for Sponsors to help provide Veterans with Fishing trips and Free Ash Scatterings at Sea. Pass the word. Products, Services, Gift Cards or Cash Donations would be Great! https://www.facebook.com/groups/945320308893705/ I just set up a PayPal Account if anyone wants to Make a Gift Donation of any amount give it a try. The account email is WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com to accept payment. Could use some real hands on help with all of the work and expense that a boat entails. Any of you want to get involved?

Keeping the Boat at the Marina would be best if I can get donations to cover expenses. Need help getting it on & off the trailer as I cant do it myself. Some days I can barley lift a coffee cup, other days are better. As the boat sits right now the engine is still pickled with antifreeze, winterized and the diesel fuel tanks are empty & stabilized, the batteries are in the basement,trickle charge them every month to keep them ready.

I have Medical issues of an "Incurable nature, according to the Doctors" On Chemo Drugs and not able to physically launch, recover the boat on the trailer. Any of you guys want to get involved? Possibly Partners financial and/or Working. Could use some real hands on help with this if your local. Hate to sell the boat but will consider offers. Maine is really Cold in winter Stay Tuned! Lets make this happen for Spring 2017. https://www.facebook.com/Fishing-Trips-102504053425469/

• 58 posts
    December 19, 2016 8:21 AM PST

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

Lucky wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
     Hey Dude, we think alike, kinda...out here in West Texas we have Mesquite bushes that defiy any weed whacker made. They are the toughest little $#@&$#(*&$(@*#&$ you can try and cut...Until I got creative...Definitely not OSHA approved though

I'm thinking this same think would work well for the larger branches on the trees.  May have to give it a try.

WARNING. Yes it works but it will grab and yank it away from you at times. BE VERY CAREFUL, I speak from experience (no blood, just a cut water tank)[/blockquote]

Use a finer toothed blade (plywood blade) or run the blade in reverse.  That'll fix the yankinbut will also cut slower.

• 1161 posts
    February 2, 2017 11:49 AM PST

Working on some of the old tools from the Fire Station and cleaning them up here is the start of one.

Getting it sanded down and cleaned up.

Linseed Oil on the handle once it was sanded and smoothed out with a third sanding.

Started the Second tool (Pike Pole)

The end of the pike pole in Fire Engine Red.  And a High gloss over the pole and pike (Tip) to finish them.

Halagan Bar (I forgot to get a picture of it in rust) now in primer.

The Fire Axe looked like this three days ago.

Sanded it down and smoothed out most of the handle.  

Second layer of primer.

First layer of Fire Engine Red waiting for it to dry while posting this so I can put on a second layer on.

• 1161 posts
    February 2, 2017 11:58 AM PST

Some new and old toys to dork around the yard with in the process of getting the little one running again it has not worked for years (it is the old Radio Shack model ProPulse).  

• 5417 posts
    May 22, 2017 10:08 PM PDT

New Hobby... Airbrusing R/C Cars.  Many know my son and I love off-road RC car & truck racing.  Up until now we always went with pretty basic paint schemes I did myself.  Wel I have been working on my air brushing and these are my first attempt at a little more complex paint scheme...

• May 23, 2017 5:34 AM PDT

[blockquote]Lucky said:

New Hobby... Airbrusing R/C Cars.  Many know my son and I love off-road RC car & truck racing.  Up until now we always went with pretty basic paint schemes I did myself.  Wel I have been working on my air brushing and these are my first attempt at a little more complex paint scheme...

[/blockquote]

Looks pretty good Lucky. I've always wanted to try airbrushing myself.

Keep up the good work

Night Dragon

• May 23, 2017 5:43 AM PDT

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:  Hey Dude, we think alike, kinda...out here in West Texas we have Mesquite bushes that defiy any weed whacker made. They are the toughest little $#@&$#(*&$(@*#&$ you can try and cut...Until I got creative...Definitely not OSHA approved though[/blockquote]

After the moment with my table saw (my fingers are now healed) just looking at that invention makes my fingers tingle a bit.

Night Dragon 

• 18989 posts
    May 23, 2017 6:01 AM PDT

Yeah I bet Kenny....It scares me too. 

And Rufcut, I'll try that next time I put the blade on.

• 5 posts
    May 23, 2017 11:06 AM PDT

• 5 posts
    May 23, 2017 11:07 AM PDT

My other toy

• 13 posts
    May 23, 2017 11:42 AM PDT

[blockquote]NightDragon said:

[blockquote]Lucky said:

[/blockquote]

Looks pretty good Lucky. I've always wanted to try airbrushing myself.

Keep up the good work

Night Dragon

[/blockquote]

Airbrushing is a lot of fun Kenny, and actually pretty inexpensive to get into.  You can get a good brush on Amazon for around $100 and if you already have an air compressor you are set.  Get some paint and a bunch of scrap paper and start practicing.  Once you are comfortable you can move on to painting real stuff, like helmets and decorative items.  I'll tell you though RC cars are HARD to paint!!!  See you actually paint the inside of a clear body so the paint doesn't scratch.  Problem is once you lay paint down that is the front most paint and it is down and will be seen... you can't cover it up with more paint like when painting normal stuff from back to front.

This post was edited by EventMan at May 23, 2017 11:44 AM PDT
    • 16780 posts
    May 23, 2017 12:33 PM PDT

[blockquote]Lucky said:

[/blockquote] COOL!

• 18989 posts
    June 4, 2017 5:38 AM PDT

More Photographs from SW Texas. Man, I love the skies down here...