Hobbies - Other Than Motorcycles

• 5417 posts
    September 8, 2009 11:30 AM PDT
    Gonna start a topic here to share your hobbies - other than motorcycles or riding. 

Let's see what you do with your time when you're not on the bike!
    • 5417 posts
    September 8, 2009 11:36 AM PDT
    One of my favorite hobbies is remote control Off-Road Trucks.  I am not as much into driving them as I am building them and working on them, probably because I suck at driving them and spend most of my time crashing.

But it works out great because my 13 year old son, Riley, is an outstanding driver.  He winds up in the top 3 almost every time he races (most likely because of the great pit crew he has...ME!)

Let me tell you, if you have a youngster, this is a great sport to do togethere.  You get to spend hours at the track, actually interacting, not like most kids sports where you just watch from the sidelines.  Plus it is a good chance to teach your kid the basics of tools and fixing things...you will be fixing a lot.

Heres a couple of pictures... one of our trucks (guess who designed it), and the track we race at...

• September 8, 2009 1:24 PM PDT
    Ham radio,W4LWQ.
    • 5 posts
    September 8, 2009 2:02 PM PDT
    Camping with My Mastiff
    ATV's
    Sand rails
    Jetboats (real jet boats with big inch loud ass motors, not those yuppie seadoo thingies)
    Things with a spark...
  • September 9, 2009 12:10 AM PDT
    fishing
    black powder guns
    pool
  • September 9, 2009 12:27 AM PDT
    Wood crafts
    working on Motorcycles
    Reading
    Movies
    Camping
    • 1364 posts
    September 9, 2009 1:10 AM PDT
    Lucky, Where's the Cyclefish sticker ???? Well I have been know to collect Kiss stuff......   I Love the outdoors, Riding in the summer months then trade the chaps and bike in for the waders and drift boat.... Hit the woods for Deer and Elk hunting. Then back to Steelhead fishing til the rain stops.... It a vicious circle, But someone has to do it.

• 18989 posts
    September 9, 2009 2:15 AM PDT
    Although not really a hobbie, photography (Fine Art, girls and cyles are my favorite subjects) is my passion along with riding. I do earn some income from it (NO! I DO NOT do weddings).
  • September 9, 2009 4:55 AM PDT
    My hobby is target and skeet shooting. Not really into hunting, mainly because I am not a patient man. But I can go out and shoot skeet all day, or just shoot some bottles and cans with a .22!
  • September 9, 2009 4:56 AM PDT
    BTW highrisk, very nice fish there. Bet that was dome GOOD eat'n
  • g
    September 9, 2009 6:10 AM PDT
    football ,aye the scottish game ,use to play for a bit .and music n art as i spraypaint motorbikes now and again ,i have a garage with all the gear .
    • 1364 posts
    September 9, 2009 7:52 AM PDT
    FireFox wrote...
    BTW highrisk, very nice fish there. Bet that was dome GOOD eat'n

Thank you FireFox........ I ate some of it and smoked the rest..... Very tasty  
  • September 9, 2009 11:08 AM PDT
    Photography - Cooking - Collecting
  • September 9, 2009 6:58 PM PDT
    Sailing... although it's pretty difficult to choose - go sailing - ride the bike!  So we usually ride the bike in the great weather - there is plenty of wind for sailing when its not so nice!
  • September 10, 2009 12:16 AM PDT
    I enjoy woodworking(scroll saw art ) and photography
    • 212 posts
    September 10, 2009 3:54 AM PDT
    kayaking, when we are not riding,we check out local rivers and lakes
    • 277 posts
    September 10, 2009 4:27 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Although not really a hobbie, photography (Fine Art, girls and cyles are my favorite subjects) is my passion along with riding. I do earn some income from it (NO! I DO NOT do weddings).

I think you SHOULD do weddings...Biker Weddings!
  • September 14, 2009 2:51 PM PDT
    Building and shooting target guns.
  • September 15, 2009 5:50 AM PDT
    Making stained glass
    Trying to surf
    Finding sea glass
    Entertaining our pugs
    ~SG~
  • g
    September 16, 2009 5:57 AM PDT
    scrollinkrazy wrote...
    I enjoy woodworking(scroll saw art ) and photography ,cool ,love arty farty things

• 834 posts
    September 17, 2009 6:45 AM PDT
    Me, I like boating and target shooting. I have a small speed boat we use on the river as often as possible. And since we kind of live a bit our of town, I can go out skeet shooting or just pinging cans about 15 minutes from the house.
  • September 25, 2009 1:40 AM PDT
    Music, (finger style guitar, singing ) Photography (mostly nature....no...I don't do weddings, but my son does...) woodworking (built all of our furniture, cabinets ,etc..) working on my bike....
    • 83 posts
    September 25, 2009 1:45 AM PDT
    do my kids count.........but I also like pool shooting and UFC fighting (watching it not doing it)
  • September 25, 2009 2:16 AM PDT
    I actually enjoy flying, i am 22 years old and have my pilots license and me and my dad usually fly to atlanta georgia about twice a month and eat lunch. thats my hobbie, aviation. i also love automotive projects such as rebuilding cars and motorcycles.
  • September 25, 2009 2:21 AM PDT
    Well i think i will have to change that, my new hobby is my son Gavin, my wife gave birth to my son tuesday at 5:30pm and he was 4lbs 9oz and 18inches long. yes i know he is small be is perfectly healthy and should be coming home this weekend. and he is such a handsom baby. as  soon as i get a picture i will post it.