What Did You Do This Weekend

• 5419 posts
    October 5, 2014 3:38 AM PDT
     Did some much overdue yard work since I never get any done in the summer because I am riding every weekend.  When I hauled all the wasted to the dump I found this GREAT TREASURE.  I almost brought it home but I knew once Laura saw it, it was going to cost me another $20 to take it back to the dump 

• 5419 posts
    October 28, 2014 11:13 AM PDT
     Went to the Love Ride on Saturday.  Saw Buck Cherry Play and got to meet some celebs and lots of the Sons of Anarchy cast 
  • October 28, 2014 11:36 AM PDT
     Went into hiding this weekend.  Except Sunday, had to go into the office at the cafe and print out reports.  Joy.  Death in the family on Wed.  Needed some me time. 

Hope all is well for everyone here, fair weather and safe riding. 

Have a save Halloween.  
    • 3006 posts
    October 28, 2014 5:32 PM PDT
    Some folks have all the fun LOL cool looking pic's Lucky!!! Thanks for sharing.My last weekend was spent doing yard work,getting ready for what I hope is a real winter this year. Still managed to get a quick ride out the canyon.Seen a lot of clubs out riding.
    • 11 posts
    October 28, 2014 11:38 PM PDT
    Last weekend; helped a elder church member take down an old chimney, went for a great ride on Sunday, after church, to the Southeastern Primitive Rendezvous & then back through Wilkesboro for a delicious supper. T'was a surprise to me where we going, that was the fella's (my date's) purpose This weekend, going to a Halloween party in Lenoir, Saturday & Sunday, hmm-remains to be seen...I'm hoping to have help in putting in a new well pump, as I'm on 4th day w/out water to my home.
    • 1855 posts
    November 6, 2014 6:04 AM PST
    Sold my F250 to my son and that put us down to just one cage. That lasted two days. Bought a '99 Dodge Dakota 4 x 4. Got it for a song. Unfortunately it costs me a Broadway play to fix everything that was wrong with it. No biggie though as I knew I'd have to do some work and put a few more bucks into it; more than I thought but still a good deal. And, for the first time ever I took my bike it to HD for winter storage. Too much remodeling going to happen around here to get ready for the sale or our home and subsequent move to Alabama. YES Damnit!!! I'll get there sooner or later.

Peace
    • 5419 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:50 AM PST
    Lots of work around the house. Working on the yard with lots of new bushes and some new grass that will all take off in the spring.

Also got me a new-used radial arm saw last week that I picked up for $75 on craigs list. Been making lots of little things around the garage to help me get it organized and now getting ready to build two really cool doll house for the two grand daughters!
    • 57 posts
    November 9, 2014 8:04 PM PST
    Been back to the Farm all week getting things ready for winter way more than mom can handle alone,she's doing better than we thought almost nine months since dad passed away.Hopefully the weather won't be as bad as last year.Damn I hate this farm
    • 11 posts
    January 27, 2015 7:46 AM PST
    Was all over Northeast TN searching for a permanent residence in/near the TN/NC, but inside TN.
  • January 27, 2015 9:12 AM PST
    Picked up my new ultra limited just to find out it has to go back to the dealer cause shit don't work!
    • 5419 posts
    January 31, 2015 4:03 AM PST
    While up here in the Modesto area - Oakdale, CA to be exact - for DebraJo's wedding I learned a couple very interesting things...

first, Oakdale has one of the largest tomato processing plants in the world owned by ConAga/Hunts. They produce 1/3 of ALL processed tomato products for the U.S. like tomato sauce and tomato juice. For years I have ridden these roads and seen lines of trucks full of tomatoes, but never knew where they were going.

second, I learned a whole lot about tree pollination, specifically Almond Trees and this area produces 80% of the US almonds. Apparently almond trees need honey bees to pollinate them each season, or no almonds. However there are not enough honey bees in the area to do the job... that's another thing I learned is that honey bees are mostly bread and raised in cold places like ID, ND, SD, but there are some in warm climates too. So for a couple weeks in January all the bees are brought in to pollinate the almond trees, and I mean a lot of honey bees. One of the bee keepers told me that over 50% of the commercial honey bees from around the US are in this area right now. Once they finish pollinating the almond trees, the hives are packed on flat beds and taken somewhere else, like WA to pollinate apple trees, and then finally back home to produce honey. So basically we are the only ones in the hotel that are not bee keepers. And at night they bring the queens into there rooms - cases of them - to keep them warm.

Never thought I would learn so much coming to Oakdale for DebraJo's wedding!!!
    • 1 posts
    February 1, 2015 10:33 PM PST
    Well this Sunday I worked the door at my local chapter Antique motorcycle show. For a very ugly day weather wise we had a good turn out. Lots of rare and beautiful bikes to see I got to get a few pictures before the fun began but once that door opened it was pretty much non stop till we closed the cash boxes. my favorite was the not restore Yale.
    • 846 posts
    February 2, 2015 4:05 AM PST
    Shoveled not the good kind. The kind with the white stuff not the metal kind. Now that it's Monday guess what more shoveling and other storm with a foot min. We'll at least the Pats won Super Bowl last night.
    • 611 posts
    February 2, 2015 5:42 AM PST
    Cleaned off the front and back porches. We've had several big storms (no snow, thank you) and there were branches, cedar cones and leaves everywhere. Then took down the Christmas lights and put up the Festival lights. Maybe I'm just a redneck but I like coming home after dark and my house has a nice, friendly glow that feels like 'Welcome Back'!
    I have to start on the bike soon, starter needs to be rebuilt and the alternator replaced.
    Damn shame the Seahawks lost... oh well, always next year!
    Edgeman
    • 5419 posts
    March 9, 2015 4:16 AM PDT
    Did something REALLY STUPID!!! The St Augustine grass I have goes dormant in the winter and the weeds kind of take over. So every year in the first week of March I spray all the weeds in prep for the grass waking up. Well I did that on Saturday and this morning I got up to BIG brown dead spots all over my lawn. Apparently I confused the weed killer and the RoundUp and sprayed all over my lawn with RoundUp killing the weeds and the grass!!!
  • March 9, 2015 11:09 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Did something REALLY STUPID!!! The St Augustine grass I have goes dormant in the winter and the weeds kind of take over. So every year in the first week of March I spray all the weeds in prep for the grass waking up. Well I did that on Saturday and this morning I got up to BIG brown dead spots all over my lawn. Apparently I confused the weed killer and the RoundUp and sprayed all over my lawn with RoundUp killing the weeds and the grass!!!

Well at least it all matches......
    Night Dragon

• March 9, 2015 10:06 PM PDT
    First nice weekend of the year and I managed to put 400 miles on the bike. 3 days of running errands on the bike instead of the cage. Even managed to join a local HOG chapter ride on Sunday.
  • March 10, 2015 2:53 AM PDT
    I apologize to all the brothers and sisters out there that have been having a hard winter. In the Pac NW it has been a very mild winter that gave us a lot of riding weather. This weekend was no exception. I got all the work that needed to been done by the weekend. Enjoyed 2 days of great riding weather with a ride each day. My wife joined me, which she doesn't very often, and we actually enjoyed our outings. I forgot what it was like to ride without 40 pounds of extra gear! Next stop-----Arizona Bike Week!
  • March 10, 2015 2:59 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

I did that several years ago while helping my aging father-in-law....he knew that the labels didn't match the contents. Duh! I endured his telling of that story for many years afterward. Now that he has passed away, I wouldnt mind hearing the story one more time!

• 5419 posts
    March 10, 2015 4:44 AM PDT
    NightDragon wrote...
    Lucky wrote...

Well at least it all matches......
    Night Dragon

Thanks for finding the 'positive' Dragon  
    • 19007 posts
    March 10, 2015 11:00 PM PDT
    Grass, what's grass, don't have none of that down here...
  • March 11, 2015 2:12 AM PDT
    I was bitching to a co-worker one time about my weeds. He said are your weeds green. I said yep, well mow them you got a yard.
    • 1855 posts
    March 11, 2015 2:58 AM PDT
    Mmmmm. Well, I fell off the step ladder while doing some patch work on the ceiling. Now I have to include a sprained ankle along with a numb right foot from back surgery, a bad right knee, and a really bad left knee. But I was dumb. I actually got on the ladder with my sandals instead of boots. Geeeeeeesh.

Our grass? It's under water. Snow melt and constant rain.
    • 16795 posts
    March 11, 2015 5:38 AM PDT
    I can't see any of my grass yet so I haven't had to mess with it.
    But between the end of last week and Monday I put $800.00 + into my truck to get it to pass PA state inspection and to run better.
    • 5419 posts
    March 12, 2015 2:52 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Mmmmm. Well, I fell off the step ladder while doing some patch work on the ceiling. Now I have to include a sprained ankle along with a numb right foot from back surgery, a bad right knee, and a really bad left knee. But I was dumb. I actually got on the ladder with my sandals instead of boots. Geeeeeeesh.

Our grass? It's under water. Snow melt and constant rain.

Damn man, guess you won't be running any marathons!  Hope all are feeling better soon!!!