JAMIE..

• g
    March 22, 2010 7:15 AM PDT
    My good pal jamie has motornurions ,not sure if thats how u spell it ? ,im sure if  ive told u guy's about this b4 ?, jamie is a good guy he and his wife susan just had their first child ,lily on newyears day at the start of the year ,jamie was a biker, he had a honda fireblade 1000cc he had to sell it about 1yr ago ,at the moment he is no longer working and the social will not help him ,susan his wife is the only one who is working for the 3 of them ,jamie is only 37 yrs old and he is a great guy ,and i would love to give him a wee bit to go away for a sort brake with  his wife and baby girl ,so i will try to organise a bike run in scotland to get some cash together for him and his family for a small brake away ,but i would need some help for the run ,things like prize's for raffles ,so if any of u good folks on cyclefish have anything u could post over for me to use for prize's that would be great .i dont have dates sorted yet but i will get all that sorted soon ,i will keep u all posted on this .
  • March 22, 2010 8:22 AM PDT
    Real sorry to hear bout your friend. He is lucky to have you looking out for them.Good man G.
  • g
    March 23, 2010 6:34 AM PDT
    thanks wolfhound ,...had a few ideas flying around ,looks like it will be a small bike run then a bbq and some football match ,aberdeen v fife bikers ,or might make it a camp weekend and do the lot over one weekend ?? not sure yet .
    • 513 posts
    March 23, 2010 6:56 AM PDT
    g keep us posted, if the dates suit I might try and get across for that!
  • g
    March 23, 2010 7:03 AM PDT
    Dyna wrote...
    g keep us posted, if the dates suit I might try and get across for that!

that would be GREAT dyna ,sure will dude
  • g
    March 23, 2010 7:03 AM PDT
    would be good to see you man .
  • March 23, 2010 7:15 AM PDT
    So sorry about your friend G. Its a good thing you are doing. I'll try to come up with something to send over to you for your raffle. PM your address to me and let us know the date of your event when you get it together.
  • g
    March 23, 2010 7:24 AM PDT
    BIG THANKS SIDETRACK .will do .
  • g
    March 23, 2010 7:25 AM PDT
    will have loads of photos to share with u guy's .
    • 513 posts
    March 23, 2010 8:16 AM PDT
    g wrote...

I will try and drag over a few other dudes including the Corkonian and the other kilt wearing yahoo!

• 910 posts
    March 23, 2010 8:19 AM PDT
    g my heart is with your friend, his family, and you too. What sorts of things would you be looking for? I'll see if I have anything that will be of use for your cause. Wish I could be there for the event but I'll be there in spirit.
  • March 23, 2010 9:58 AM PDT
    g, real sorry about your friend. Sounds like a great guy with a young family...just terrible. Wish you were here state side, cause I know the CycleFish members would make a strong showing at the event.

Like someone else said above, he is lucky to have a good friend like yourself. Sometimes just that alone can make even the toughest times seem just a little easier.
  • g
    March 24, 2010 1:52 AM PDT
    thank's to u all for ur good words ,i will pass this on to him ,THANK YOU ALL .
  • g
    March 24, 2010 1:56 AM PDT
    LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A CAMP WEEKEND ,NOT SURE WHERE YET ,WE HAVE A FEW DATES AND SITE ORGANISED FOR THE SUMMER ,SO I MIGHT TRY AND USE ONE OF THEM ,AND ALSO HAVE A 5-A SIDE FOOTBALL COMPETITION SET UP AND AND CHARGE EACH TEAM £25 ,AND GET SOME SORT OF TROPY FOR THE WINNERS ,AND ALSO BBQ AND A RUN ON THE BIKE ,COULD DO THIS EVERY YEAR FOR DIFFRENT CHARITYS .
  • g
    March 24, 2010 1:59 AM PDT
    Dyna wrote...
    g wrote...

I will try and drag over a few other dudes including the Corkonian and the other kilt wearing yahoo!

GREAT ,THINKING AVIEMORE ,LOCHNESS ,OR LOCHLOMOND , NOT SURE YET ,ALL VERY NICE PLACES FOR A CAMPING WEEKEND .
  • g
    March 24, 2010 2:02 AM PDT
    i will also go round the bike shops in aberdeen ,see if they will put up gift vouchers ,they did for the logans run last summer .and my work said they would put in a voucher also .
    • 1780 posts
    March 24, 2010 3:23 AM PDT
    I would like to send ya a Money Order or Certified Check to maybe help out with the cost of the Tropy or something.
    Send me your address
    Night Dragon
  • g
    March 24, 2010 8:37 AM PDT
    if u want a small check wid be great ,but only if u want to ,i dont want to make folks think they have to post things over .will pm my address when i get things up and running what would be good would be something that says america or something that is american ,duno what u think ?? a flag , or football top ??a photo of a chopper ,something american .
    • 1780 posts
    March 24, 2010 11:45 PM PDT
    g wrote...
    if u want a small check wid be great ,but only if u want to ,i dont want to make folks think they have to post things over .will pm my address when i get things up and running what would be good would be something that says america or something that is american ,duno what u think ?? a flag , or football top ??a photo of a chopper ,something american .

I can make that happen....would that be better that a check.......was thinking about the currency exchange......would it be the same amount overthere as here....better amount or lower amount?? Maybe something like you listed would be better, because I have that kind of items on hand.
    Dragon
  • g
    March 26, 2010 8:26 AM PDT
    thanks dragon ,....just wish it was u guy's i was doing this with ,not getting much response from scottish lot ?, a bit pissed off like . might just have a pub quiz at my local .loads of good folks their ,sure they will help ,will still need rafle prizes though .thanks dragon will keep u posted ,ur a good bunch on cyclefish
  • March 26, 2010 2:43 PM PDT
    g - You have alot of good ideas flowing... keep positive and keep at it with the scottish lot. Please PM contact info.
    I would like to contribute in some way. Keep posting. You are a wonderful friend for Jamie and his family. Do you know if there are some specific things that Susan may need for herself or Lily?
  • March 26, 2010 3:07 PM PDT
    g. you are a good man doing this for your friend. pm me an address to send something to you. i have some things that might work as well.
    • 190 posts
    March 26, 2010 3:28 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear about your bud, g. I'll keep in mind if I come accross anything around the house or else where that might be good enough to send for a prize or something. I'll bookmark the post to try and keep updated as far as time. Most of all, Good luck, I salute you!
  • g
    March 28, 2010 2:20 AM PDT
    THANKS AGAIN FOLKS , almost gave up on this untill i seen ur posts .WILL BANG ON ABOUT THIS .
  • g
    March 28, 2010 2:22 AM PDT