Meeting up at a central point in the US (Past Event)

• 1780 posts
    January 7, 2010 5:08 AM PST
    Damn it's 25 degrees outside and I'm getting excited about this rally just talking about it>
    Let's Roll !
    Dragon
  • January 7, 2010 5:18 AM PST
    Hey, if y'all pick a 2 week range idea of dates and solidly pick the state I can pull details locations etc together and would be happy to formally organize this. Do have a bit (or more, haha!) of a background in event planning and organizing, and have free time to do it. Would mean a lot to me to be able to do something for you guys, you've no idea how you've all renewed my life in a lotta ways! And...I'd really like to thank you all in person!
  • January 7, 2010 5:22 AM PST
    Steven and I would love to make the meet. We will be at the dragon in mid june.
  • January 7, 2010 5:26 AM PST
    How about the end of June Friday26th-( there's also a full moon that weekend, yippee!)? The weekend before July 4th? Then some could move on tgether from there for the holiday stuff etc or get home for the holiday, whatever?
    • 1780 posts
    January 7, 2010 6:17 AM PST
    Stephanibritt works for me.....I love it when a woman takes command......damn. OK let's go a little bit more and say June 25th - June 30th 2010. The cyclefish first rally. Might want to touch base with Harleysmoke, he seems to know quite a bit about the area. OK Chairperson, let's keep the mojo moving on this.

The Dragon
  • January 7, 2010 6:38 AM PST
    Yea! First though... Lucky and all admins., what do you say to the First Annual Cyclefish Rally June 25th-30th, 2010 in Kentucky?
    • 1780 posts
    January 7, 2010 6:43 AM PST
    Damn you go girl !!!!
    Dragon
  • January 7, 2010 6:47 AM PST
    Stephanie count me and my Steph in. We will help you in anyway needed.

Dragon, if we are talking the end of June, the weather in the day is usually pretty hot (low 90's) with nice nights. Last year at the June Bug Boogie, I almost got heat stroke (of course alcohol may have had something to do with that).

Of course the mountain temps are always cooler, but daytime temps are just shirt sleeve. Leave the leather coat at home, unless you prefer it for riding protection. I'm excited already! Can't wait to meet everybody.
  • January 7, 2010 7:52 AM PST
    This is a great idea and I'm really looking forward to the details... It's really amazing what happens when you get some very motivated people working on something really exciting.. You guys are awesome!!!
  • January 7, 2010 8:01 AM PST
    the wife and daughter wanted to go to Vegas this year but i just might have to rethink this and go to Kentucky
  • January 7, 2010 8:03 AM PST
    Evolution. The germ of an idea grows into a beautiful plan when great minds and passions meet!
    Need permissions and then I'm off... Very excited
  • January 7, 2010 8:15 AM PST

Been waiting for something like this since I joined cyclefish. Would love to see it happen, especially in a mountain area. From the foothills of the Ozarks in Missouri, now live in Florida. Damn its flat down here.

Stephaniebritt, let me know if I can help in any way. I'm retired with time on my hands.
  • January 7, 2010 8:16 AM PST
    Steven and I are in well can make KY in a day....we will be home from 2wks on the bikes but any excuse for along trip works for us.
    • 119 posts
    January 7, 2010 8:52 AM PST
    I need to shuffle somethings around , but I'm into this
    • 212 posts
    January 7, 2010 10:13 AM PST
    Hey theres no Oklahoma miles on that map! LOL
    Sounds like fun!
    • 212 posts
    January 7, 2010 10:23 AM PST
    Hey theres no Oklahoma miles on that map! LOL
    Sounds like fun!
    • 1780 posts
    January 7, 2010 10:25 AM PST
    Hey everyone please keep this post alive....it's alive now, but don't let it peter out on us.

Dragon
  • January 7, 2010 10:52 AM PST
    Putting some feelers out, asking permissions etc already. Getting people together is my specialty. Doing it well is my gift!
    • 5420 posts
    January 7, 2010 11:55 AM PST
    I have been following along and I am certainly excited to see the enthusiasm of our users. The primary objective of CycleFish is for all riders to be able to share information, make friends here, and best case get together with these new friends.

But just to make sure we don't get too far ahead of ourselves, this needs to continue to be considered a Meet & Greet for CycleFish members to get together, we are not planning any actual CycleFish rallies at this time. We (and/or our members) have already planned a number of Meet & Greets in 2010 including one at the Redwood Run, one in PA, and one at the Sturgis Rally. We are hoping to see lots more popping up, like this one, as we move into riding season.  We had a great Meet & Greet right here in So Cal in November.  We simply contacted a local bar, let them know we were bring 100+ people, and they arranged a special band and accomidated all the CycleFish members... Pictures here

We do have plans to have an actual CycleFish Rally, but that is still a little ways off, and we will certainly let everyone know as those plans develop.

BTW - I am still going to try to make it to the Meet & Greet you guys are putting together, and will definitely supply some CycleFish goodies for the attendees!

Thanks again for all your enthusiasm. It really makes me feel good to see the site working as we wanted it to.
    • 1780 posts
    January 8, 2010 1:18 AM PST
    Thanks Lucky for keeping everyone on the up and up here. This is the kind of site bikers live for ....we all have common insterest, and this is a great venue you've come up with where we can chat, vent, or just check out what's happing around the country.

Night Dragon
  • January 8, 2010 1:37 AM PST
    Sounds like we still have the go ahead as long as we call it a Meet and Greet... It just might be a really big meet and greet but all in all.. it's still a GO!!!

Thanks Lucky for your insight and support!!!
  • January 8, 2010 2:24 AM PST
    Probably too short notice for me "Portland Oregon" but on the other hand, I've been known to saddle up n ride, gots to stick to soft drinks if'n yall don't mind? I'm allergic to alcohol....I seem too break out in handcuffs... aint no pill for that
  • January 8, 2010 3:35 AM PST
    If the weather keeps on like it is those of us in Montana may still be chipping ice to get our bikes out....LOL  However it is just 1000 miles to Sturgis for me so I will probably make that one (haven't been there since the 80s) and the BBBQ in Sept. ... and RandyJoe... I will be in your area at some point this year maybe we can find some other Pacific Northwest Cyclfishers that would like to meet up.
  • January 8, 2010 3:42 AM PST
    Definitely have an interest in this .. Will watch and see what develops ...
  • January 8, 2010 5:41 AM PST
    RandyJoe I hope you could make it out here. Don't worry about the softdrink thing, we will make sure you have fun. I finally learned to tone my alcohol intake down some, because like you I used to drink too much and always found myself waking up in jail! lol