Meeting up at a central point in the US (Past Event)

• 1509 posts
    February 22, 2010 10:11 AM PST
    MDBikerGal wrote...
    Tex1521 wrote...
    I saw on Stephainebritt pages where she is asking for a rough head count for the event... I'll get it started.. I've got four from Shawnee KS interested...

Steph will have the event posted in a few days.   Here is where we think we will base it.  There are cabins for rent and camping.  http://www.bgkoa.com/index2.html /> Let Steph or I know if you have any ideas.  We are looking into good roads for riding. 
    Can't wait to meet you all. 

Count is now at 8

Biker sarge
    I think this is what you want!
  • February 23, 2010 12:40 AM PST
    Make that 9... Just made my reservation and cleared the Calendar! YeeHaa!!!
    • 1040 posts
    February 23, 2010 12:44 AM PST
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    Make that 9... Just made my reservation and cleared the Calendar! YeeHaa!!!

Good for you Bro! Do they still have cabins left for that weekend? I reserved mine about a month ago and tha lady told me she only had two left after my rsvp? Just wonderin? Look forward ta seein ya there

• February 23, 2010 1:23 AM PST
    Connie was asking if I wanted one but, I told her no, so they may still have them open... I'll be packing a tent and an airbed. Eating rabbits, squirrels and any small stray dogs!
    • 1040 posts
    February 23, 2010 1:31 AM PST
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    Connie was asking if I wanted one but, I told her no, so they may still have them open... I'll be packing a tent and an airbed. Eating rabbits, squirrels and any small stray dogs!

LOL...yea I thought about tha camping thing too but with my steel hips and riding up there I figured I'd be a wuss and sleep in. I ain't an Iron Butt like some here...LOL....Might even toss a possum on the fire if we get lucky

• February 23, 2010 1:34 AM PST
    I hear they got Racoons and GroundHogs there!
  • February 23, 2010 1:36 AM PST
    Opossum
    • 1040 posts
    February 23, 2010 1:39 AM PST
    hgsc90 wrote...
    Opossum

possum for us Lower Alabama boys, ya know how our anglish is down here; but I was waitin ta see who would make the correction

• February 23, 2010 1:40 AM PST
    coon an rat--------  Booyah     Kettle Vittles   
  • February 23, 2010 1:42 AM PST
    Muskrat????? MMmmm....
    • 1040 posts
    February 23, 2010 2:08 AM PST
    My Uncle Leo used ta catch them possums and take em into town on Friday night and sit in the parking lot of tha Winn Dixie and sell em for 75 cent a piece. He'd sell em out everytime; he NEVER came home with any left in tha bag.
  • February 23, 2010 2:14 AM PST
    I's fetched up in suthern ohia..Don't eat dog. they gits possum and coon....
  • February 23, 2010 2:23 AM PST
    The taste fer dog come from my time in Korea and the Philipines!!! Mighty tasty! Ate Iguana while in Panama and some brand of monkey!
  • February 23, 2010 2:34 AM PST
    I used to eat Iguana and cow brain soup all the time when I lived in Nicaragua yummmm yummm yummmm
    • 1780 posts
    February 23, 2010 2:47 AM PST
    Alright guys your making me hungry........Rice Bugs in Thailand
    Dragon
  • February 23, 2010 3:03 AM PST
    Booyah ---- Stew like food for large group usually prepared by many cooks.... usually made of many differant wild game and vegetables such as the above mentioned and deer, bear, turtle, turkey, pheasant, mushrooms, puffball, onion, garlic, turnip, potatoes
  • February 23, 2010 3:29 AM PST
    Dragon, I drew the line at insects! Bullmoose, since you mentioned "Brains"... As a kid growing up in West Virginia, I had scrambled eggs and Pork brains with home-made light bread toast for breakfast many mornings! Never gave it much thought...
  • February 23, 2010 3:29 AM PST
    What is the latest, if it is central U.S. I am there.
  • February 23, 2010 3:31 AM PST
    Bolling Green KY KOA...
    • 1 posts
    February 23, 2010 7:52 AM PST
    RoadShadow wrote...
    What is the latest, if it is central U.S. I am there

• February 23, 2010 11:21 AM PST
    Looks like we might have a pretty good crowd.
    • 212 posts
    February 23, 2010 12:07 PM PST
    Don't let bikersarge cook, NO BRAINS!!
  • February 23, 2010 12:26 PM PST
    Hey RoadShadow, can't get much closer to you than it is.
  • February 23, 2010 12:44 PM PST
    Don't let bikersarge cook, NO BRAINS!!

You could say he is not intellegent,or lacks experiance but NO BRAINS is rude..
  • February 23, 2010 10:18 PM PST
    Ok, so we ladies get to play in the mud and get the fellas drunk and you guys have taken the role of chefs! Nice plan..
    Uh, my boys will eatwhatever you fix, just don't tell 'em what's in the stew, hahaha!

I am so glad we still have folks signing on. I bet some of our cabins will have a bit of floor space and I can probably get the chirren' in a tent if anyone needs to share a roof.
    Hospitality, my middle name. I just wish we could get some of the others we love over here to jooin us in our celebrations!
    xox
    Please keep sending me ideas and suggestions, I'm new to the planning of biker events, so all assistance is more than welcome!
    thank you in advance.