Meeting up at a central point in the US (Past Event)

• February 1, 2010 5:15 AM PST
    kris10den wrote...
    Sidetrack, I am in Maine and I am thinking of riding, so we could definitely connect as well...will keep watching...in the meantime I am heading to MIAMI on Monday for a couple weeks...SUPER BOWL anyone...yippee!!!! Not to mention getting away from the -12 wind chill temps for 70 degree weather, I may not come home...haha!

Kri, lets stay in touch and maybe work something out. Maybe we could hook up with Cathy too and then head down to Pennsylvania to meet up with Rex. Sounds like a plan.
  • g
    February 1, 2010 5:15 AM PST
    great stuff min .
  • February 1, 2010 5:18 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Hey Sidtrack, I'll follow you down...

Will you be around then or still be on Sophie's Run? Would be great to work something out. I'm still hoping to come to the meet and greet your doing the 1st weekend in June also.
  • February 1, 2010 5:20 AM PST
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Wow, Guys, thanks for the encouragement to come. I've been so inspired by Adventure Girl with her solo trip, If I can come up with a route on all local roads I plan on riding down on the bike. It will be my first real adventure on the bike. If it becomes to far for me to handle alone, maybe I can talk one of my friends to come and let me ride with them. If not, then there is always the car. I can bring myself quite well in that if need be. After seeing the posts about showing up in any type of vehicle I knew I had to come too. I'm so excited to meet all of you face to face.

Hey sidetrack......Maybe we could work something out. 

We should all put our heads together. Sounds like it would be a great run for us girls.
  • February 1, 2010 5:23 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Wow, Guys, thanks for the encouragement to come. I've been so inspired by Adventure Girl with her solo trip, If I can come up with a route on all local roads I plan on riding down on the bike. It will be my first real adventure on the bike. If it becomes to far for me to handle alone, maybe I can talk one of my friends to come and let me ride with them. If not, then there is always the car. I can bring myself quite well in that if need be. After seeing the posts about showing up in any type of vehicle I knew I had to come too. I'm so excited to meet all of you face to face.

We should all put our heads together. Sounds like it would be a great run for us girls.

Visions of all the women having a wet tshirt pillow fight in my head....... 

• February 1, 2010 5:24 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    Sidetrack really love to meet ya, if ya can swing it

Night dragon

Thanks Dragon,
    I'm excited to meet all of you guys. Hope I can pull it together. I hate to miss the fun and getting to know everyone that have become so special to me.
    • 1509 posts
    February 1, 2010 5:50 AM PST
    hambone wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Sidetrack The wife and I are planing to go useing all small roads from sw. pa to bowling green. If you come through here maybe we can join up. and if Rex is coming west he can join too
    • 1509 posts
    February 1, 2010 5:52 AM PST
    shedsruty59 wrote...
    hambone wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Sidetrack The wife and I are planing to go useing all small roads from sw. pa to bowling green. If you come through here maybe we can join up. and if Rex is coming west he can join too

• February 1, 2010 6:10 AM PST
    hambone wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Don't hurt yourself now Hambone, we want you in good working order when we all get to Kentucky! 
  • February 1, 2010 6:14 AM PST
    shedsruty59 wrote...
    hambone wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Sounds good to me Shedsruty,
    My biggest concern is I only have a 450 and am probably the newest rider of the group. I'm not going to want to slow everybody down. That is why I want to go back roads and stay off major highways. I'm going to be riding my ass off to get ready for this run come spring.
    • 1509 posts
    February 1, 2010 6:24 AM PST
    Sidetrack Don't worry size really does not matter! I enjoy cruising at 55 or 60 not often faster. no need.
    • 1040 posts
    February 1, 2010 10:09 AM PST
    shedsruty59 wrote...
    hambone wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Yea, that's what I plan on doing; Interstate at 400 miles just don't cut it. I called today for reservations but the lady there didn't know what I was talking about. She told me to call back and ask for CONNIE. So. if n ya call, CONNIE seems to be the lady to talk to.

• 1040 posts
    February 2, 2010 1:56 AM PST
    If any of ya'll are looking to get a cabin at the KOA Bowling Green; ya might want to call ASAP as they are getting scarce for the 24th-26th of June according to Connie...See ya'll there
  • February 2, 2010 3:06 AM PST
    Great idea friend !! love to meet you all that would be so AWSOME
    • 1040 posts
    February 2, 2010 3:39 AM PST
    SKY wrote...
    Great idea friend !! love to meet you all that would be so AWSOME

This little meet and greet was dragon's idea and yes, a great idea it was. I'm really looking forward to it. Hope to see you there; just a stone's throw from your neck of the woods

• February 2, 2010 8:27 AM PST
    I am riding to New York for a Conference June 28-30 I need to attend for work (ha! they suggested an airplane!). May be able to drop by on the way in or out, depending on your dates.
    • 1040 posts
    February 2, 2010 8:55 AM PST
    LadyDragon wrote...
    I am riding to New York for a Conference June 28-30 I need to attend for work (ha! they suggested an airplane!). May be able to drop by on the way in or out, depending on your dates.

Hope you can make it; everyone would love to meet up with ya...June 24th thru June 27th...Hope you can make it

• 1 posts
    February 2, 2010 10:24 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    hambone wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...

Don't hurt yourself now Hambone, we want you in good working order when we all get to Kentucky! 

Yeah Hambone  

• February 3, 2010 12:13 AM PST
    Hambone is bad! Sorry though, I'm more into mud wrestling myself
    • 1040 posts
    February 3, 2010 12:23 AM PST
    Hambone is bad! Sorry tough, I'm more into mud wrestling myself

Dear God girl!!! Now I'm gonna go through the rest of the day with that vision in my head; now I'll never get any work done. When I'm out working on my shed , my neighbor will be asking me why I ain't working and I'll have to tell him I'm dreaming of you and all the ladies wrestleing in a mud pit

• February 3, 2010 3:17 AM PST
    This is refreshing to see so many willing to do the Tail of the Dragon, thats Heaven.
  • February 3, 2010 3:29 AM PST

Well all right then!  We now have two events planned for evening activities so far.  One evening will feature women mud wrestling and another evening we will have women's wet t-shirt pillow fights.

• g
    February 3, 2010 4:07 AM PST
    might just catch a plain .
  • February 3, 2010 4:56 AM PST
    G, you gotta come over here.
  • February 3, 2010 5:01 AM PST
    I have made the trip from Pa. to Lexi, nice ride and I would Love another reason to make it again!