Meeting up at a central point in the US (Past Event)

• April 7, 2010 9:11 AM PDT
    THANK YOU for making me settle down and telling me we should just play it by ear. my life is truly awesome and a bit overwhelming just now...
    May I suggest friday for the potluck though? Those already set up and on-site can take care of the food etc, and if y'all are like me you'll be happy to see to the tlc we can give to the late arrivers and stragglers, that way THEY too can enjoy a weekend with a little less to worry about...
    I am getting so excited to be with y'all I can't stand it! Especially as my life has gone from 0-60 in about three weeks and I haven't had anywhere near enough time to vist with y'all, my family!

Deep breath... much better
    • 1780 posts
    April 7, 2010 9:20 AM PDT
    I think someone has already brought this up, but here it is again.......If someone has a nice video camera it would be nice to have the complete event videoed, and we could all buy a copy, because there will be times when some of us will say later....I did THAT???
    Dragon
  • April 7, 2010 10:11 AM PDT
    Oh I definitely will be recording and plan on producing an after-the-meet Podcast. Or maybe a during-the-meet one as well
  • April 7, 2010 10:15 AM PDT
    Let's do this, I have been in contact with others about going to this event, and sent some new members to this site, can't wait to meet ya'll!!
    • 910 posts
    April 7, 2010 10:44 AM PDT
    THANK YOU for making me settle down and telling me we should just play it by ear. my life is truly awesome and a bit overwhelming just now...
    May I suggest friday for the potluck though? Those already set up and on-site can take care of the food etc, and if y'all are like me you'll be happy to see to the tlc we can give to the late arrivers and stragglers, that way THEY too can enjoy a weekend with a little less to worry about...
    I am getting so excited to be with y'all I can't stand it! Especially as my life has gone from 0-60 in about three weeks and I haven't had anywhere near enough time to vist with y'all, my family!

Take that deep breath woman! You've done good!
  • April 7, 2010 11:26 AM PDT

AND ALL THAT TOOK 3 SECONDS FOR THIS GAL TO SAY.....tAKE ANOTHER DEEEP BREATH AND SIT BACK LADY THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OFF A RIDE.. 
    • 1 posts
    April 7, 2010 1:43 PM PDT
    Just a note, MDBikerGal and I  are stopping at Bowling Green, Ky on our first stop on our 2 week bike tour before we get to the Meet and Greet. I am willing to do a recon of the area and let ya know where everything is located, such as bars, restauarnts, gas stations, shopping centers etc and pictures of the KOA for those of us who are staying there and will post them on Cyclefish. By the time LeVere and I arrive at the Meet and Greet we both will need a little break. We will be arriving on the 24th; so we Hope to see ya'll there. oh yeah; bring a lot of fun with ya.
    • 352 posts
    April 7, 2010 1:46 PM PDT
    ok - I finally got caught up on this thread, not sure how I missed it this long...

I'm in!

I will be running solo from Virginia Beach on the bike to Nashville to pick up my truck (nicknamed road captain) and will run the truck with my bike inside to KY - looks like it's only about an hour from Nashville to Bowling Green.

If anyone wants to hook-up for the run from Virginia Beach - give me a yell.

This looks like it is shaping up to be a helluva good party and I never like to miss a good party.

...as long as there is some discretion used in the picture taking what happens in KY stays in KY (whether it's used or not).

I hope KY is not really strict on that muffler rule...my Harley has drag pipes
  • April 7, 2010 2:23 PM PDT
    Mike, I and whoever we are hooking up on the ride down, will also be arriving on the 24th.
    Steph, don't sweat the small stuff. We will all pitch in and help out when we get there. Its all about having a good time and getting to meet each other face to face. I know when I over due at a holiday gathering, I end up working the entire time and by the time I get a chance to sit down to relax and enjoy myself, everyone is headed home and I've missed all the fun. I try to keep things simple now, so I can enjoy the time I have to spend with friends and family. We're going to have a blast and spontaneous eruptions of fun and frivalty will abound.
    Buffy and I will be doing Snoopy dances! Hopefully all will join in.
    • 212 posts
    April 7, 2010 2:32 PM PDT
    Relax Steph,all your good planning is done, all you have to do now is all meet up and have a great time and everything else will be done when we all get there, oh yeah and snoopy dances!
    • 352 posts
    April 8, 2010 12:13 AM PDT
    I am thinking of running through the Thunder on the Mountain rally in Maggie Valley, NC on my way to this event...anyone else headed to Maggie Valley?
  • g
    April 8, 2010 12:16 AM PDT
    aye , get it all on video ,......i want to see it ALL .
  • g
    April 8, 2010 12:16 AM PDT
    and loads o photos .
  • g
    April 8, 2010 12:18 AM PDT
    i wana see buffy do the dance .................NAKED ,LOL
    • 352 posts
    April 8, 2010 12:27 AM PDT

I just bought a "disposable" video camera - looks like this may be the time to test it

• 19040 posts
    April 8, 2010 12:41 AM PDT
    There will be plenty of official photos from Sidetrack and I. And some will be for ransom err, sale I mean....
  • April 8, 2010 12:59 AM PDT

And as stated by another   "I did that".. or   ?????? or    !!!!!!
    • 352 posts
    April 8, 2010 8:01 AM PDT
    oki -
    the KOA was about booked up from the info I got so I just booked a room at the Baymont Inn @ 165 Three Springs Rd. Bowling Green, which is just up the road (roughly 1 mile)...Besides - I like the AC on when I sleep and a comfy bed

if anyone is needing a place to stay - this room has 2 dbl beds, non-smoker, as long as you don't snore louder than I do we can work something out.

and there is always room for the dancers

• 1509 posts
    April 8, 2010 8:09 AM PDT

• April 8, 2010 8:10 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    i wana see buffy do the dance .................NAKED ,LOL
     Is that an option lol?!
    • 352 posts
    April 8, 2010 8:18 AM PDT
    I thought it was the booked entertainment
    • 910 posts
    April 8, 2010 2:37 PM PDT
    boys boys boys!
    • 910 posts
    April 8, 2010 2:39 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    There will be plenty of official photos from Sidetrack and I. And some will be for ransom err, sale I mean....

I'm bringing my camera too. I like being behind the lense. That way there's less blackmail photos of me.
    • 19040 posts
    April 9, 2010 12:58 AM PDT
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

I'm bringing my camera too. I like being behind the lense. That way there's less blackmail photos of me.

Hey Buffy, Just think how much money we can make. Maybe enough to pay for our medical bills...

• 1509 posts
    April 9, 2010 4:03 AM PDT
    Hey all my computer key boar craped out on my lap top and the phone is too small.

I have reserved a 2 bedroom cabin at the koa and it is just my wife and I andkoa says it is ok for 2 other people to climb in the other room for their addition person fee of 4 dolars a night.

Hit me up if you need.
    By