OK my packing list for Sturgis 2012!

• June 19, 2012 5:55 AM PDT

"The End Of The World Is Nigh.....Repent Your Sins.........."

.....or....."Oh Hell, I Am Going Straight To Hell So I May As Well Go Out And
    Do As Many Sins As I Can Possibly Fit In Before December...lol..................."

• 1 posts
    June 19, 2012 9:53 AM PDT
    thats cool about the chip..each to there own...I have been known to visit the aussie bar of course..not that its anything like australia...for one thing now tooheys new, on tap or in bottles.. so its not an aussie bar..or that other bar under the road down town...
  • June 19, 2012 10:18 AM PDT
    I think I will pack up the toy hauler and let the girlfriend tow that while I ride my scooter the 300 miles there. Will stay at either the Creekside Campground or the Iron Horse.[I know the guys that owns them]
  • June 19, 2012 10:53 AM PDT
    Hey Mr B...lol...Dont forget the 'babywipes' dude.....lol.....
    • 467 posts
    June 19, 2012 1:33 PM PDT
    Well, I know that when I ride alone and pack for camping, using just a T-Bag, vacuum bags, straps, bungee net and a couple extra bungees....I can put a 3 man tent, 2 small camp chairs, full size air matress,1 small battery air pump, 2 heavy blankets, 2 stuff style pillows, 2 pairs flip flops, 2 swimsuits, 2 towels, 4 prs jeans, 10 prs socks, 8 t-shirts, shower kit, extra coat, chaps, gloves, sunscreen, basic tool kit, dog food/dishes, camera, batteries, myself and one small dog! And I don't even think I look like the Beverly Hillbillys goin' down the road! My husband (the lucky dog) only packs himself, one dog and his extra coat and chaps.....now explain that one to me!
    • 2 posts
    June 19, 2012 1:36 PM PDT
    One more, just one more!
    Was going thru the pocket in my tail bag & found chemical, light sticks, like the kids wear for bracelets & necklaces.
    You bend them sharply & they glow for several hours, Put out good light for the 1st hour or so - Good enough for unpacking/
    Buy them at the Dollar Store for yup, a buck for about a half dozen.
    Keep a few red ones in the tank bag against the possibility I break won at night. - Not much light but safer to carry than a flare.
  • June 19, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
    I didn't see tie downs in case you have a breakdown, and I always take extra spark plugs (a habit from when I rode my shovelhead across country).
    • 823 posts
    June 19, 2012 3:45 PM PDT
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    oh and a little something extra for the cold nights (had a couple the year I was there). Hand warmers. Throw a couple in your sleeping bag before turning in. They keep you nice and toasty for about 8 hours.

If I go to Sturgis, which we are planning on next year, my girlfriend will keep me nice and toasty!  I like her handwarmers!

• June 19, 2012 6:47 PM PDT
    Funny I just grabbed some new spark plugs today and put em in the tool bag! HMMM Great minds! Chem lights are also a damn good idea! Yup I have a set of tie downs in the tool kit, which I have spread out all over the garage floor doing inventory, found out one of my flashlights is tits up!

And G, the wife has to work so I'm solo but I have a bunch of friends waiting for me when I get there, I'm sure when I'm sloppy and staggering I'll be covered in enough sharpie ink I should stay plenty warm! (bastards!)
    • 2685 posts
    June 20, 2012 3:24 AM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    Better do it now, I hear tell the world is ending in December! LOL

• 910 posts
    June 20, 2012 5:18 AM PDT
    Guero wrote...
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    oh and a little something extra for the cold nights (had a couple the year I was there). Hand warmers. Throw a couple in your sleeping bag before turning in. They keep you nice and toasty for about 8 hours.

If I go to Sturgis, which we are planning on next year, my girlfriend will keep me nice and toasty!  I like her handwarmers!

hahaa, can't beat body heat, but when a "spooning partner" is absent then the hand warmers are a nice substitute for warmth. 

• 910 posts
    June 20, 2012 5:20 AM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    Funny I just grabbed some new spark plugs today and put em in the tool bag! HMMM Great minds! Chem lights are also a damn good idea! Yup I have a set of tie downs in the tool kit, which I have spread out all over the garage floor doing inventory, found out one of my flashlights is tits up!

And G, the wife has to work so I'm solo but I have a bunch of friends waiting for me when I get there, I'm sure when I'm sloppy and staggering I'll be covered in enough sharpie ink I should stay plenty warm! (bastards!)

*lol* Please, please, please have them share pictures of that!!! 

• June 20, 2012 5:48 AM PDT
    If there aint any pictures then it didn't happen Bro.....remember that!!!

.....oh and did I mention the babywipes...lol...
    • 2 posts
    June 20, 2012 12:01 PM PDT
    Promised was done making suggestions but went thru tank bag & came up w/ 2 more, one pretty important
    * Nesting, Knife/Fork/Spoon set can enhance the quality of life on the road. - B'ch to eat a can of tuna stabbing it w/ your jack knife. Available @ Wally-World for about 98ยข - Takes almost no space
    * Bottle of hand sanitizer - Face it kid, you are going to be using the odd Porta-Pot and stand a 60-50 change of picking up leprosy + is great for taking the encrustation the Knife/Fork/Spoon set that has been in your bag since last year.
  • June 21, 2012 2:05 AM PDT
    Hey Savage...lol...Thats why I was telling him to take the "Baby Wipes" ...lol...

Do ya feel picked on yet Mr B?
    • 910 posts
    June 21, 2012 2:44 AM PDT
    I learned  how much I could live without on the road during my first solo long distance trip. I tried to pack for every contingency and this is what became of my crotch rocket. I took this photo at my first overnight stay in NJ. Next stop was Virginia Beach. Can I tell you, cornering with this set-up took a little getting used to. When I got to VA I decided to ship non-essentials ahead to my destination in FL. I did it again in NC, TN, GA & SC *lol* 

My next bike will be better equipped for long hauls.
  • June 21, 2012 3:48 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Promised was done making suggestions but went thru tank bag & came up w/ 2 more, one pretty important
    * Nesting, Knife/Fork/Spoon set can enhance the quality of life on the road. - B'ch to eat a can of tuna stabbing it w/ your jack knife. Available @ Wally-World for about 98¢ - Takes almost no space
    * Bottle of hand sanitizer - Face it kid, you are going to be using the odd Porta-Pot and stand a 60-50 change of picking up leprosy + is great for taking the encrustation the Knife/Fork/Spoon set that has been in your bag since last year.

What if you eat with your fingers? Oh yeah, like Jet said "Baby Wipes"!

• June 21, 2012 3:49 AM PDT
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    I learned  how much I could live without on the road during my first solo long distance trip. I tried to pack for every contingency and this is what became of my crotch rocket. I took this photo at my first overnight stay in NJ. Next stop was Virginia Beach. Can I tell you, cornering with this set-up took a little getting used to. When I got to VA I decided to ship non-essentials ahead to my destination in FL. I did it again in NC, TN, GA & SC *lol* 

HOLY CHRIST in a Gordon Clan Tartan and Kilt!!! YOU my dear are MY HERO!
  • June 21, 2012 4:34 AM PDT
    45days 11hrs 25mins...When you leaving?
  • June 21, 2012 6:27 AM PDT
    I also pack a small 5'x7' plastic tarp (Walmart). Rolls up nice and tight. Makes a great cover for the bike during hail storms or on the ground to put your tent on. If it starts to hail, you can pull it right out from under the tent and protect the bike.
    • 910 posts
    June 21, 2012 12:57 PM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    AdventureGirl wrote...

HOLY CHRIST in a Gordon Clan Tartan and Kilt!!! YOU my dear are MY HERO!

hahaa  that's a new way to say it. Most people just called me crazy! Actually, I should say the non-riding, non-CFers called me crazy *lol* I like your way better 

• June 22, 2012 8:45 AM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    Oh yeah! Space Bags! I will use those too! Yeah the campground I stay at has UPS service and internet and the best part of it is, it's right off exit 30!

Sounds like Days End... stay there every year, bunch of us do a big BBQ on Saturday.. come by and I'll buy ya a beer

• June 22, 2012 9:46 AM PDT
    NWSmoke wrote...
    Black9 wrote...
    Oh yeah! Space Bags! I will use those too! Yeah the campground I stay at has UPS service and internet and the best part of it is, it's right off exit 30!

Sounds like Days End... stay there every year, bunch of us do a big BBQ on Saturday.. come by and I'll buy ya a beer
    Been staying there since 2003... I hated the Chip! I'll be sure to drop by!
  • August 11, 2012 6:50 AM PDT
    First long ride I took I forgot my rain gear, and lo and behold, here comes a downpour!

Turns out, sleeping under an overpass ain't that bad after all! Dry at least.
    • 5420 posts
    August 11, 2012 6:54 AM PDT
    I carry rain gear to make sure it don't rain. And if by chance it does look like rain I put it on and then it definitely won't rain!