Eastern U.S. Fall 2010 Gathering (Past Event)

• July 19, 2010 5:38 AM PDT
    Got you covered Blaine!! Gonna have to stock some supplies for her White Russian!! Wish you could make it Brother!!! Look forward to meeting you in Ark. for sure!!
    • 352 posts
    July 23, 2010 4:59 AM PDT
    ok folks - it's official...we will be working with
    Rev. Heather Dillashaw Spencer
    Homeward Bound of Asheville, Inc.
    Director, A HOPE Day Center

for the Helping the Homeless addition to our Fall Gathering - below is the reply I got when asking what they needed:

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the email, and your interest in helping those who are experiencing the extraordinary challenges of homelessness in our communities. Our agency runs a day center for homeless adults, it's open 7 days a week. The biggest tangible needs we have for our folks are clean and dry socks, towels, and travel-size toiletry items (soap, shampoo, deodorant,). We're fortunate that many other agencies and groups in town provide meals everyday of the week, so accessing food is generally one of the easier things for folks to find.

So there we have the shopping list - and of course anything else you may wish to include.

We will organize a run from our stay location in Maggie Valley to the center in Ashville approx 30 miles to drop off the donations.

Thanks again for your interest in helping others

TheBullDog
    • 19034 posts
    July 23, 2010 10:07 PM PDT
    Good Deal Dan!, I will stock up on stuff....
    • 352 posts
    July 26, 2010 2:21 AM PDT

Here's a flyer I just put together for the event - http://theinvestorgroup.net/Storage/FallGathering.pdf

If you think it needs anything, let me know - if you think it's good to know, share it with your buddies and let's see if we can really haul a nice load of goods for the Homeless folks.

Thanks

BullDog

• July 26, 2010 2:25 AM PDT
    Looks great Dan. For those of us that are not able to attend, is there an address to send stuff for you to include in the run?
    • 352 posts
    July 26, 2010 2:28 AM PDT
    good point - I will clear it with A Holiday to get items sent there - if they can not handle it... I will collect it and take it in the box truck
    • 352 posts
    July 26, 2010 2:31 AM PDT
    BTW - I am thinking of bringing the smoker for some Smoked Pulled  Pork BBQ and Ribs
    • 19034 posts
    July 26, 2010 2:32 AM PDT
    Looks GREAT Dan.
    • 352 posts
    July 27, 2010 4:46 AM PDT
    BTW - does anyone recognize the photo in the flyer???
    • 1066 posts
    July 27, 2010 5:02 AM PDT
    I recognize the last two bikes.... The poster looks great Brother Dog.
    • 1066 posts
    July 27, 2010 5:05 AM PDT
    And the road is the one going to the lake, or coming back from the lake, or sumpthin like that.
  • July 27, 2010 10:06 PM PDT
    just got back from tenn. trip.....road down to maggie valley while i was there. the motel is super clean and close to everything as well and just down the street is Legens bar and grill.....and just a block the other way is the harley museum...we stopped by there to check it out...it was AWSOME!!...i took pics of it if you want me to post them?....there is plenty to do in maggie valley and plenty of beautiful ridding as well
    • 19034 posts
    July 27, 2010 11:57 PM PDT
    Hell Yeah, post some photos...Welcome back too.
  • July 28, 2010 12:05 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Hell Yeah, post some photos...Welcome back too.

i'll have to finish uploading them....but i'll post what i have here soon.....and thanx rex

• July 28, 2010 6:46 AM PDT

heres the pics......here is me, my wife, and my son standing in front of the harley museum.....

• 119 posts
    July 28, 2010 7:13 AM PDT
    TheBullDog wrote...
    BTW - does anyone recognize the photo in the flyer???
    I can pick out the last few, and tell you who was there. At the lake right?
    • 19034 posts
    July 28, 2010 7:21 AM PDT
    Oh Yeah I new it right away but like Mr Krum, I would have to study it a bit

er ahh, I see (3rd from rear) Extreme, then Creative HD mama (2nd from rear), and Hollywood (last). The rest I can not distinguish.
  • July 29, 2010 1:55 AM PDT
     here's a few more pics of the harley museum
    • 352 posts
    July 29, 2010 2:30 AM PDT
    don't give it all away...but that lawnmower may be good for Sidetrack
    • 19034 posts
    July 29, 2010 2:54 AM PDT
    WOW, I love that knuckle servie with jeep/tractor tires. You know that beast worked hard in it's life.
    • 1780 posts
    July 29, 2010 2:55 AM PDT
    TheBullDog wrote...
    don't give it all away...but that lawnmower may be good for Sidetrack

Good one Bulldog....one for the Bulldog....LOL...LOL...LOL
    • 1780 posts
    July 29, 2010 3:03 AM PDT
    Man Bull dog my hat is off to you for all the work you put into this meet and greet, and wish to hell I could make it there.
  • July 29, 2010 3:42 AM PDT
  • July 29, 2010 3:44 AM PDT
    im just going to show what was sittin out side as ya walked in....and going to save the best when we are all down there.....the good stuff is in the inside of the building........oh by the way....its will cost ya $12 bucks to go threw it
  • July 29, 2010 4:15 AM PDT