Eastern U.S. Fall 2010 Gathering (Past Event)

• 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 6:05 AM PDT
    Ok so the BG meet just got the ball rolling and wet my appitite for more so, and we already started talking about next nears "annual" event to be somewhere around western Arkansas.

But in the meantime, let's cook up a Fall Run Gathering someplace east of the Mississippi...then we can keep it going.

I thought we could look for some existing Fairs, Festivals or Events that we could piggy-back on so we can have several things going on to see & do. Camping, Hotels, B & B - it's all on the table so let's get something in the planning.

Bull Dog

So far this looked interesting: Culturefest  in Pipestem, West Virginia
  • July 1, 2010 6:07 AM PDT
    I Second the motion for the tribe here in N.W. Ohio.
  • July 1, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
    I am in for sure!! My neighbors mom manages a resort in W. Virginia. Cabins and such. It is really nice. I will see how close it is to Pipestem and get back with ya.
    • 1066 posts
    July 1, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
    I'm with you guys.
    • 413 posts
    July 1, 2010 6:16 AM PDT
    Lets see where and when Ya'll come up with this and I'll be there If possible...sure hope so.
    • 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 6:24 AM PDT
    hell Blaine - you're coming even if we gotta go kidnap ya
    • 21 posts
    July 1, 2010 6:29 AM PDT
    I'd be interested in doing something on the East side!
    • 910 posts
    July 1, 2010 6:32 AM PDT
    Count me in!
  • July 1, 2010 6:43 AM PDT
    Alrighty!! Just talk to my neighbor on the phone and his mom is in town. Freakin fantastic. Gonna talk to her tonight about the resort thing. He told me thay would be happy to have us all and ...........They freakin have a bar!! Oh yea!! More info to come. Lets get-r done!!
    • 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 6:46 AM PDT
    where is it and is there anything going on around there like a fair, festival, pow-wow, etc?
  • July 1, 2010 6:50 AM PDT
    I will have all the info and post it tonite after I talk to her. Then we can check to see whats going on in that area and when. I am sure she will also give us all really good prices on cabins and such. Will keep you informed for sure.
  • July 1, 2010 6:57 AM PDT
    If it is not the first weekend of a month Steven and I will do our best to be there...guard duty is 1st weekend...Has anyone thought of Maggie Valley NC? just a thought...great riding...and other things to do. A Holiday Motel is there maybe they would give us really good rates
  • July 1, 2010 6:59 AM PDT
    badirish, were abouts in W.VA?.....
    • 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 7:04 AM PDT
    MDBikerGal wrote...
    If it is not the first weekend of a month Steven and I will do our best to be there...guard duty is 1st weekend...Has anyone thought of Maggie Valley NC? just a thought...great riding...and other things to do. A Holiday Motel is there maybe they would give us really good rates

right now everything is on the table...and guess we need to keep it off the first weekend of the month cause we want you guys there too.
  • July 1, 2010 7:05 AM PDT
    Maggie Valley N.C. There is a buisness on CF under "Clarketon Motel" in Maggie Valley. Biker owned and operated. If we go that way that could be a place to look into.
  • July 1, 2010 7:05 AM PDT
    Hey Taco. Gonna talk with the manager tonite and get more info.
    • 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 7:32 AM PDT
    some interesting things there in Maggie
    Ghost Town in the Sky

The Cherokee Survivors MC Rally in Cherokee is only like 15 miles away
    with an assortment of things going on there - depending on our dates
  • July 1, 2010 7:45 AM PDT
    Just sent an message to Phillip and Tammy at the Clareton Motel in Maggie Valley and told them about this post and to chim in.
  • July 1, 2010 8:17 AM PDT
    badirish wrote...
    Hey Taco. Gonna talk with the manager tonite and get more info.

cool...cause i as wondering were at in W.VA cause i live right here on the border of ky and w.va.
  • July 1, 2010 8:19 AM PDT
    I will send a message to Gabbie at A Holiday Motel...and see what they can do for us...they are biker owned and advertise on here too we stayed there and it was a great place
    • 413 posts
    July 1, 2010 9:56 AM PDT
    I can do Maggie Valley (Maybe) depending when? That's 520 miles from me (A days ride) on the bike. Ya'll see what you have from the other sites in question and pick what's best for EVERYONE. If Maggie Valley happens to be picked; I feel pretty positive I can be in on that one and if not, then maybe next time....I'll be watching with interest...LOL
  • July 1, 2010 11:04 AM PDT
    Ok. I just got the info. The place is called "The Good Evening Ranch" and is located 5 miles outside of Summersville W.V. She told me that the have had alot of bikers like us stay and have had sanctioned AMA races there in the past and is also a stop for motorcycle tours. She also said she would get us a break on price and if enough of us go they will reserve the lodge for us all to stay in. Anyway check it out. There website is www.GoodEveningRanch.net Just one option.
  • July 2, 2010 12:03 AM PDT
    Also got a message from Phil and Tammy at the Clareton in Maggie Valley. Read below.

We think that would be AWESOME! We do have 2 rallys in September. September 10 -12 Thunder In The Smokies we are completely booked up and September 17 & 18 Fall Rally In The Valley we are just about booked up. We have September 3 & 4, 24 & 25, All weekdays, and All of October wide open.
    I'll check out the post on Cycle Fish.
    Thank You! Hope to be hearing from you again real soon.
    Phillip & Tammy
    Clarketon Motel
    • 19037 posts
    July 2, 2010 12:46 AM PDT
    I can flow with anything everyone else decides on. Both WV and NC sound good to me.
  • July 2, 2010 12:48 AM PDT
    badirish wrote...
    Ok. I just got the info. The place is called "The Good Evening Ranch" and is located 5 miles outside of Summersville W.V. She told me that the have had alot of bikers like us stay and have had sanctioned AMA races there in the past and is also a stop for motorcycle tours. She also said she would get us a break on price and if enough of us go they will reserve the lodge for us all to stay in. Anyway check it out. There website is www.GoodEveningRanch.net Just one option.

thats looks to be an awsome place to have it......nice lookin cabins as well