Eastern U.S. Fall 2010 Gathering (Past Event)

• 352 posts
    July 13, 2010 12:00 PM PDT
    yea - I had posted the link for that place earlier on in the thread under things to do

Fall Gathering Activity Ideas

Wheels Through Time - vintage motorcycle & auto museum
    62 Vintage Lane in Maggie Valley, NC, thirty miles west of Asheville, NC
    Cost: $12
    site: http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/vintage-motorcycles/ /> approx 15 miles from Maggie Valley

The 7th Annual Old Mill Heritage Day at The Old Mill Square in Pigeon Forge
    Site: http://www.oldmillsquare.com/index.htm /> http://oldmillheritageday.com/ /> 175 Old Mill Avenue Pigeon Forge, TN 37868
    Approx: 73.1 miles from Maggie Valley

The 12th Annual Charlotte Oktoberfest will be held outdoors at the Metrolina Tradeshow Expo
    Saturday, September 25th
    •GENERAL @ $35 allows entrance to the festival at 2 PM.
    •PREMIUM @ $50 allows entrance to the festival at 1 PM.
    http://www.charlotteoktoberfest.com/Default.aspx />
    just a few ideas
  • July 13, 2010 10:25 PM PDT
    jbasile wrote...
    This is a must see in Maggie Valley.....if its still there I know they were having some issues with the powers to be in M.V. when I rode there in Sept. 07.  Lot of cool bikes at Wheels Through Time museum.....and they all run !!   jb

im going to be down there next weekend riddin....while im there i'll stop in and try to get some more info on it....
    • 352 posts
    July 14, 2010 6:40 AM PDT

Hope everyone has booked their room -

we're gonna have more fun at this one - places to do, people to see, White russians to mix and who knows what else...if you're not there then you won't get to find out alot of what is behind all the jokes, pics and more that will surely follow.

• July 14, 2010 6:44 AM PDT
    Yo Bulldog... That's people to do, places to see, Boone's Farm, Knob Creek and White Russian's to mix all together.. No to mention the Beers...
    • 352 posts
    July 14, 2010 6:49 AM PDT
    indeed
  • July 14, 2010 8:02 AM PDT
    Booking my room tomorrow!! Don't forget about the good Irish Whiskey and Tacos Apple Pie!!! Looking forward to riding with and meeting you all for sure!!
  • July 14, 2010 8:16 AM PDT
    the same here
    • 413 posts
    July 14, 2010 11:13 AM PDT
    Well guys; I CAN'T make this one, other more personal and family oriented things require my attention. Hope you all have fun and I WILL see ya at the 2011 Central Meet 'N' Greet...Gotta make sure I hear that Turkey call again for sure...LMAO!!!
    Gobble!, Gobble!, Gobble!
    • 352 posts
    July 14, 2010 11:30 AM PDT
    sorry to hear that Bro - hope all is well...you will be missed, but we will have a beer for ya.

See you on the next run
    • 1066 posts
    July 14, 2010 11:33 PM PDT
    Blaine, you ol road warrior, you will be missed by all, even the folks that haven't met ya. Lol
  • July 14, 2010 11:56 PM PDT
    I'd say I'm sorry we will miss you there Blaine, but I won't be able to make this event either! So, we will have to keep each other company here on CF while everyone else is having fun without us! Really looking foward to next summers 2nd annual Meet and Greet!!
  • g
    July 15, 2010 12:47 AM PDT
    aye ...blaine ur a top bloke ..
    • 413 posts
    July 15, 2010 1:56 AM PDT
    Dan, Gary, and g; thanks guys, there ain't nothing to be concerened about but just can't make it as I have things to deal with within the family. Nothing life threating or catastrophic, just BS that has to be dealt with. Ya'll have a blast and MAKE SURE SOMEBODY brings that "White Russian" so SKY can......................................Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...LMAO!
    See ya in Arkansas next year.

Deb, We'll walk post here at CF together and make sure everyone stays in line......Yea, I can here the mods now, "That would be akin to leaving the fox to guard the hen house"..........................grinning like a possum eatin shit!
  • July 15, 2010 2:05 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    Dan, Gary, and g; thanks guys, there ain't nothing to be concerened about but just can't make it as I have things to deal with within the family. Nothing life threating or catastrophic, just BS that has to be dealt with. Ya'll have a blast and MAKE SURE SOMEBODY brings that "White Russian" so SKY can......................................Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...LMAO!

Deb, We'll walk post here at CF together and make sure everyone stays in line......Yea, I can here the mods now, "That would be akin to leaving the fox to guard the henouse"..........................grinning like a possum eatin shit!

Yeah, we might end up having more fun raiding the henhouse, and getting ourselves in trouble here on CF. LOL
    • 19043 posts
    July 15, 2010 2:10 AM PDT
    Have laptop will travel. The walls have ears and the ceiling has eyes...
    • 1 posts
    July 15, 2010 2:36 AM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...

Deb, We'll walk post here at CF together and make sure everyone stays in line......Yea, I can here the mods now, "That would be akin to leaving the fox to guard the henouse"..........................grinning like a possum eatin shit!

Yeah, we might end up having more fun raiding the henhouse, and getting ourselves in trouble here on CF. LOL

It was pretty dull the last time ya'll were on holiday......
    • 413 posts
    July 15, 2010 3:07 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Have laptop will travel. The walls have ears and the ceiling has eyes...

LOL!!!...Yep, never alone in the henhouse; may look stoooooopid but far from it....

• July 15, 2010 3:09 AM PDT
    blaine wish you can make it bro....but family does come first you know...
    • 413 posts
    July 15, 2010 3:09 AM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...

It was pretty dull the last time ya'll were on holiday......

Well Cathy; It WON'T be dull this time around, stick around....you'll see  
    • 413 posts
    July 15, 2010 3:17 AM PDT
    TACO wrote...
    blaine wish you can make it bro....but family does come first you know...

Thanks Brother; I was really looking forward to seeing that "Buckethead"...LOL! Maybe in Arkansas
  • July 15, 2010 3:47 AM PDT
    LOL..i hear ya...i'll make sure i bring it......
  • July 15, 2010 7:30 PM PDT
    how about, Richmond Va. Newport News Va, Hampton Va, or Virginia Beach Va
    • 352 posts
    July 15, 2010 10:49 PM PDT
    since I live in Va. Beach, any of those could work pretty easy for me - Richmond kind of sux due to traffic tbh.

But maybe the next one we will shoot for something a little further north than NC...we just want to mix the locations a bit to give a chance to as many as possible to attend. Who knows, where it will be next time, it's up for discussion and will likely be a topic we hit on at this event.

I like riding with friends and enjoyed the hell out of the runs we did out in Kentucky.

- I ride pretty much all year long, so a winter or spring gathering could well happen someplace (or winter & spring ).

just my 2 cents worth.

• July 19, 2010 5:20 AM PDT
    Room is booked. I will be arriving on the 23rd. Wanna get a head start on everyone. Looking forward to meeting, riding and just overall having a great time with you good folks!! Heading straight down 75 South from Dayton to Knoxville on the 23rd. Jump on in.
    • 413 posts
    July 19, 2010 5:34 AM PDT
    Ya'll have fun; wish I could attend but the chi ain't flowin that way this time. Looking forward to Arkansas though; will see ya'll there as long as I keep wakin up every morning. If SKY shows at the east greet; make sure she does the GOBBLE!!!....LOL!