Eastern U.S. Fall 2010 Gathering (Past Event)

• 1780 posts
    July 8, 2010 3:06 AM PDT
    Love Brother Krum's new profile pic......Dude looks damn good on the Girl.
  • July 8, 2010 3:31 AM PDT
    Krum wrote...
    Don't think I can make this one. but I'm known for last minute change of mind.

I will use the excuse that I'm a woman and have been known to change her mind a time or two. Never know where the wind will blow and some times you gotta go with the flow.  
    • 352 posts
    July 8, 2010 3:06 PM PDT
    ok guys - The Date is going to be Sept 24th - 26th

I did a little homework on the Maggie Valley area and have a few possible ideas for "outings" is anyone is interested...

Fall Gathering Activity Ideas

Wheels Through Time - vintage motorcycle & auto museum
    62 Vintage Lane in Maggie Valley, NC, thirty miles west of Asheville, NC
    Cost: $12
    site: http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/vintage-motorcycles/ /> approx 15 miles from Maggie Valley

The 7th Annual Old Mill Heritage Day at The Old Mill Square in Pigeon Forge
    Site: http://www.oldmillsquare.com/index.htm /> http://oldmillheritageday.com/ /> 175 Old Mill Avenue Pigeon Forge, TN 37868
    Approx: 73.1 miles from Maggie Valley

The 12th Annual Charlotte Oktoberfest will be held outdoors at the Metrolina Tradeshow Expo
    Saturday, September 25th
    •GENERAL @ $35 allows entrance to the festival at 2 PM.
    •PREMIUM @ $50 allows entrance to the festival at 1 PM.
    http://www.charlotteoktoberfest.com/Default.aspx />
    just a few ideas
  • July 9, 2010 12:48 AM PDT
    all three sounds good.....have ya found a place in Maggie Valley yet to stay?
    • 352 posts
    July 9, 2010 12:50 AM PDT
    just got a reply from one of our CF businesses - waiting on the 2nd one and we can decide where we want to stay
  • July 9, 2010 12:58 AM PDT
    cool! ! ! !
    • 352 posts
    July 9, 2010 2:34 PM PDT
    Just thought I would bump this for the benefit of our newer members - join us for our Fall Gathering in Maggie Valley, NC in September.

read through this thread or pop over to Events to find out more.

hope to see alot of new friends as well as all the gang from BG there
    • 21 posts
    July 9, 2010 2:56 PM PDT
    DAMN!!! aint gonna be able to make that weekend!!! maybe next time!
  • July 9, 2010 4:33 PM PDT
    hey guys I feel like a lost turkey ha ha lol .. I am planing to visit Turkey to see my Mom hope to make it for the Fall .. love to see y'all and are new friends .. ooo bideway if I make it Bulldog make sure my "White Russia" is ready ..lol
    • 19004 posts
    July 9, 2010 11:27 PM PDT
    Count me in...already blocked out the calendar.
    • 352 posts
    July 11, 2010 2:16 AM PDT

After I contacted the 2 CF Business Member motels in Maggie Valley - below are their replies and  "special rates" for this event...we just need to decide which we will stay at for this trip.

You can also take a look at their sites

Please let me know what you guys think - anyone have any preference or experience at either location?

Once we decide, I will reply to them and update the Event Location then everyone can book rooms.

From A Holiday Motel:

We would love to have your group. We do have another smaller group in the house that weekend. The rates we can offer are $49.00/night if you would book at least 5 rooms.(Rack rate is $59.00 - $109.00) We do have nice family two room suite for your family of 5 and we would keep the rate the same. Please let us know what you have decide. You can contact us @ 828-926-1186 or Toll free 877-686-4386 www.holidaymotel.net
    Thank you
    Gabi Edwards
    A Holiday Motel
    Maggie Valley

--------------------------

From Clarketon Motel:

Sorry we did not get back with you sooner. Our modem went out and we just got the new one installed last night.
    We have put some rates together for you: One Queen bed units $39.00 per night plus tax, Two Queen bed units $49.00 per night plus tax, Kitchen unit with 2 Queen beds $59.00 per night plus tax, Kitchen unit with Three Queen beds $69.00 per night plus tax. Tour guide or maps available, Evening fires, loaner guitar, 10% off group rates at participating restaurants, bike washing area rags provided, If it were to rain you may stack the chairs and park your bike on the porch.
    If I can be any further assistants please call 800-787-6998 cell 828-273-3539 email me through cyclefish or info@clarketonmotel.com
    Thank you for your interest in The Clarketon Motel. We hope to hear from you real soon!

• 352 posts
    July 12, 2010 12:36 AM PDT
    OK - so in an effort to move things along and make life easier for a few of us with "with early planning" I made the call and decided to do the event at the "A Holiday Motel".

I just booked my room there...

A Holiday Motel
    Maggie Valley. NC
    877-686-4386

http://www.holidaymotel.net/

Contact Robert or Gabbi for reservations, let them know you are with the CycleFish group and you will get the discounted rate.

They will be trying to keep our rooms next to each other for easier party time - lol

I am already looking forward to this!

Dan
    "BullDog"
  • July 12, 2010 1:12 AM PDT
    thanx dan......im going to make my reservations this week....thats a nice place and its close to everything.....i can see me dipping my bag in the cement pond already....
  • July 12, 2010 1:32 AM PDT
    Dan did I miss a date for the fall M&G?? I have to check college schedule and clinicals but I will raise H&H so we can be there.
    So excited about this. BTW using your jerk recipe this coming weekend. I will make sure everyone knows where the recipe comes from.

Miss you all can not wait to be together again.
    • 352 posts
    July 12, 2010 4:54 AM PDT
    The vote came out to 9/24-9/26. So that's when the party will be

http://www.cyclefish.com/event/7546/
    • 352 posts
    July 12, 2010 9:07 AM PDT
    Here's some of what I plan on doing while in Maggie...How about you?

Tail of the Dragon
    • 19004 posts
    July 12, 2010 9:19 AM PDT
    I got mine...reservations that is. So why am I going if I have reservations?????
    • 1 posts
    July 12, 2010 9:57 AM PDT
    The Tail of the Dragon is a great ride. I recommend a early morning ride. The traffic is gets really bad doing the afternoon, also the weekends are heavy as well, but check out the Devils Triangle, it will be a ride of your life, just becareful.
    • 352 posts
    July 12, 2010 10:24 AM PDT
    the site recomends before 11 or after 5 for the "low traffic time" - the triangle may be a bit much for some, depending on skill level but guess we can see how it goes and what the comfort level is. There is also the Moonshiner off the Dragon.
    • 1 posts
    July 12, 2010 2:25 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    I got mine...reservations that is. So why am I going if I have reservations?????

OK....I'll take the bait.  If you're having second thoughts....
    • 212 posts
    July 12, 2010 3:02 PM PDT
    Oh man I'm going to San Antonio for a wedding in Oct 7, can't afford to do both. Damn but making reservations for 2011 as soon as all decided! Maybe can have a beer with some you texans while we are there,won't have bikes this time but that does'nt normally stop me from drinking.LOL
    • 19004 posts
    July 13, 2010 12:10 AM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

Just playin with words Cathy. I really have no reservations even though I have reservations hahahahaha

• 1 posts
    July 13, 2010 12:32 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

Just playin with words Cathy. I really have no reservations even though I have reservations hahahahaha

Couldn't resist.....
  • July 13, 2010 10:38 AM PDT
    This is a must see in Maggie Valley.....if its still there I know they were having some issues with the powers to be in M.V. when I rode there in Sept. 07.  Lot of cool bikes at Wheels Through Time museum.....and they all run !!   jb

• 19004 posts
    July 13, 2010 11:01 AM PDT
    HEY That looks like a place I would like to see.