How long have you been Married, or how long were you married.

• 5420 posts
    February 19, 2013 8:28 AM PST
    We just had our 11th Anniversary a couple weeks ago. Still VERY Happy!
    • 58 posts
    February 19, 2013 10:50 AM PST
    After almost 33 years, I no longer chase her around the house.  I just wait and trap her in a corner....
    • 48 posts
    February 19, 2013 10:53 AM PST
    31 years. Met her while stationed in Germany. Asked her on a date to see the Rolling Stones in Frankfurt...been together ever since and still diggin it ! Too boot, still got the concert T-shirt with ticket stubs framed in the hallway. Not to commemorate the Stones but for us.
  • February 19, 2013 11:59 AM PST
    31 yrs. this Sept. and ready for31 more. I don't know how she puts up with me, but I sure glad she does! Gave me the greatest gift ever too, my 27 yr. old daughter. You better believe I thank God for her every day. She makes a darn good Mawmaw too!
  • February 19, 2013 11:55 PM PST
    I was married for 20 years. Outside of my 2 children, it was a living nightmare. So glad to be out of that relationship. I love being single. I now have a very loving and supportive girlfriend, whom I love very much. Not sure why it took so long to find such happiness. Good things come to those that wait. Lovin every minute of it.
  • February 20, 2013 12:21 AM PST
    It's been 43 years, and wonderful, we're still best friends.
  • February 20, 2013 1:04 AM PST
    27 years last June 22nd. Met her in a dark room...Literally. We were both in a photography class while in college. Way back then cameras used film and we had to develop the film and print our own prints. So, I guess our attraction to each other was way more than physical at first. Fast forward to present, We still enjoy each other's company whether sitting on the couch or sitting on a bike.
  • February 20, 2013 1:08 AM PST
    This will be 37 years married to my wife and best friend.  I am a lucky man to have found someone like her.  Looking forward to many more good years of riding with her also.

DocLubo
    • 9 posts
    February 20, 2013 10:28 AM PST
    Been married twice. Three years the first time. Five years, the second. And a few "hellish" relationships in-between.
    My point is this...
    I LOVED, being married. A part of a couple. One in which, I felt secure in. Even if, that weren't the reality.
    From that, I've learned, never again to make my worth, that of being someone's wife.

Sure, I wanna be a "wife" again.

But this time, it won't be, what I place any of my real value on.
    Quite the contray...

He'll be lucky, to have ME!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 567 posts
    February 20, 2013 11:24 AM PST
    First marriage was 30 years. Just celebrated our first anniversary on my second marriage. Life is good .. real good.
  • February 20, 2013 11:45 AM PST
    My wife and I are heading to 40 years.
    Still in love.
    • 441 posts
    February 20, 2013 2:05 PM PST
    official 3 time loser? winner? 5 yrs 1st time , 5 yrs 2nd time , 22 yrs 3rd (and last) time wouldn't trade any of it for anything. It was what it was while it was and when it was over it ended.
    • 2685 posts
    February 20, 2013 11:56 PM PST
    Depends on which time we are talking about.
    I'm about to celebrate my 10th or 27th.
    Yep, crazy at it is I married the same gal twice.
    We split in the middle for a while then got back together and remarried.
    So in June will be our legal 10th but some days we consider our first time the one so that would make it 27.
    Can't say the second time was better but I know the wedding itself was a hoot. We did a Medieval theme wedding,
    Everyone came in costume, we had a friar marry us, had a jester/juggler for entertainment, got to wear a sword, that was cool.
    Hoping to make keep it going. 8^)
    • 1 posts
    February 21, 2013 12:34 AM PST
    too long.....this yr makes 26...what was I thinking..or what with!......she's nothing like she was...then and neither am I...I got better with age though...she's fatter. I looked like a distinguished fat biker... she's a fat momma...she wants to come on the bike...more. I argue saying its too small for both of us now...you have to stay home. She's not worried about me playing up...cause good looking women like fat old bikers as friends...ONLY. She wants a road glide...I love my old springer...keeps her at home lmao...
    • 11 posts
    February 21, 2013 10:30 AM PST
    Wish I was married; the ex, a minister had affairs. Been single, (I regard that as unmarried) for a really long time, now.
    I've been using the time, wisely...finished my master's degree, really wore myself way down working 65 hours/week to pay for kids' educations, got my farm running again, took care of my dying father (while also teaching), and then his farm/estate until part of it sold, as i inherited more of it ; and now, it's my time to get out & have meet folks 
    AND, Yes, I really do pray everyday to be Married, again!
    • 11 posts
    February 21, 2013 10:35 AM PST
    Tweek, YOU said it so Clearly! Thank- you!
    • 11 posts
    February 21, 2013 10:56 AM PST
    RufCut wrote...
    After almost 33 years, I no longer chase her around the house.  I just wait and trap her in a corner....

Ahh, being chased around the house by a hubby...my unceasing prayer every day for 9 &1/2  yrs., now!
    tanzanitediamond
    • 2 posts
    February 21, 2013 11:30 AM PST
    I was newly wed for 33 years till the accident
    • 11 posts
    February 21, 2013 11:38 AM PST
    My deepest prayers & sympathies for you ivetret!
  • February 21, 2013 12:26 PM PST
    41 years last month, to my high school sweetheart.... don't know how she's put up with me for so long...
    • 1780 posts
    February 21, 2013 11:50 PM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    too long.....this yr makes 26...what was I thinking..or what with!......she's nothing like she was...then and neither am I...I got better with age though...she's fatter. I looked like a distinguished fat biker... she's a fat momma...she wants to come on the bike...more. I argue saying its too small for both of us now...you have to stay home. She's not worried about me playing up...cause good looking women like fat old bikers as friends...ONLY. She wants a road glide...I love my old springer...keeps her at home lmao...

Jonesy was just wondering one thing.......does you wife read??
    If she reads what you just wrote, better sleep with one eye open...LOL

Dragon

• February 22, 2013 12:03 AM PST
    I have been married for 10 wonderful years!
    • 1780 posts
    February 22, 2013 12:13 AM PST
    I think we need to expand this post a little. I've noticed a lot of couples have some serious years of Marriage under there belt.........Why don't we take this out another step.......What makes a good Marriage, and how do people stay together for great lengths of time?
    Because I for one would really like to know
    Dragon
  • February 22, 2013 1:40 AM PST
    3 years going together, and 54 years after. January 2013 = 54th anniversary, and 73rd birthday. stay healthy, pray every minute and keep ridin' ! Can't ride the big ones anymore, but thanks to SPORTSTER, I ride.
  • February 22, 2013 3:28 AM PST

42 years. My wife says it's 35 of the best years of her life. I guess 7 weren't up to par!