How long have you been Married, or how long were you married.

• September 7, 2011 1:47 AM PDT
    Been married for 33 years and...to the same lady!
  • September 7, 2011 3:06 AM PDT
    6 months the first. 11 years next month for the 2nd and last.
  • September 7, 2011 5:39 AM PDT
    40 Years without the chill factor.  87 years with the chill factor.
  • September 7, 2011 6:13 AM PDT
    Single parent for 12 years. Had my oldest daughter at the tender age of 17. At 18 had rent, work in day, school at night. Parents watched daughter for party on weekends. Moved to Ca at 19. Didn't know anyone here. Met my husband at driving school. Knew the night I met him I was going to marry him. Asked him to marry me for 1 year and he kept saying "no, but thank you for asking". Went to Vegas to get married almost one year exactly after meeting. Missed wedding twice (long story). Dragged him to a preacher down the street, just me, him, the preacher and the preachers wife as a witness. Went home but everytime we looked at each other chills went up my spine. Back in front of the preacher 2 weeks later trying to get the marraige annulled. Left without accomplishing that........stuck it out and we will have our 25th anniversary in Dec. Lot of hard times, cheers and tears. 2 children together along with my oldest daughter and 2 lovely granddaughters we are actually happier than we've ever been. Go figure!
  • September 7, 2011 6:37 AM PDT
    Married for twenty five years this Valentines day. Have dated her for 30 years. She is simply the best thing that has ever happened to me, I'm not sure if she feels the same all the time but I hooked her when she was 17 and she didn't know any better. Our first grandkid is due this spring!!
  • September 7, 2011 7:11 AM PDT
    OMG, you guys are a riot!

I was married for seven years until I got sick of the loser hanging out on the couch all day smokin' pot and playing Nintendo 64 (while I pay, of course). So when I made my move to seperate our accounts he flipped out and pulled a knife on me. After a not so pleasant car chase, he wound up with jail time, an ankle bracelet, probation, and a new single life! I wonder if he can still afford that lifestyle???

The man that has stolen my heart will be celebrating with me our seventh anniversary this December. He is truly the man of my dreams and I want to live forever with him. (Or die trying, right?)
    • 9 posts
    September 8, 2011 6:38 AM PDT
    I married a week before leaving for Vietnam, asked for a divorce the day I got home., Two years later I married & fought with my 2nd. lasted 5 years. She took most everything I owned at that point. Met my last wife several yaers later & we have been together now for 29 yaers! Two grown kids & a sweet little Grand-daughter later, I guess shes here for the duration.
    • 130 posts
    September 8, 2011 6:58 AM PDT
    My wife (affectionately known as, "The luckiest woman in Flour Bluff") and I married 34 yrs ago.
    • 1 posts
    September 8, 2011 7:07 AM PDT
    Not actually married but we do have a mortgage together ..... lol ..... Just hit 17 years and as strong as the first if not more so.
    • 3006 posts
    September 8, 2011 9:52 AM PDT
    too long both times,my powers of judging women,I have learned,are poor at best !!!
    • 86 posts
    September 8, 2011 2:31 PM PDT
    22 years and we are both riding
  • September 15, 2011 5:43 AM PDT
    15 months the first time.

About 13 years the second time. (but it only felt like 5 minutes......underwater)

Almost 5 years the last time.

First was a blonde, second brunette, third is redhead. I'm done. All out of flavors and I sure as hell ain't datin a bald chick!

• 2072 posts
    September 15, 2011 6:33 AM PDT
    4 years today !!!!!!! (AND, still VERY happy !!!)
    • 1780 posts
    September 16, 2011 2:26 AM PDT
    Let's just say if I took all my wedding bands and melted them down, I could make a solid gold kick stand for the Dragon!
  • September 17, 2011 12:16 PM PDT
    23 years Sept. 10th we went to Seattle to celebrate....
    • 58 posts
    September 17, 2011 4:15 PM PDT
    met her the end of May. Married her the first of Aug. and that was 31 years ago.
    • 114 posts
    October 10, 2011 4:28 AM PDT

I just sat here and read all eight pages of your stories/comments.... So there really is hope! I'm glad cause I think I found him this time..... We'll see.... I don't know about life up here on this pedestal though. He thinks I'm all that and a bag of chips!! But I'm just me..... Hope this relationship will last. Thanks again for the hope guys!!! Y'all are the best!!          

• 19040 posts
    October 11, 2011 2:48 AM PDT
    Hoping for you Carrie.
    • 1 posts
    October 17, 2011 7:32 AM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    19 + 16 = 35

Now.....19 + 17.5 = 36.5       Can't believe I've been married that long!!!
    • 2 posts
    October 18, 2011 12:09 PM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    Cathy wrote...
    19 + 16 = 35

Now.....19 + 17.5 = 36.5       Can't believe I've been married that long!!!

Way to go lass. - Always tell the new hires, "Do it right & you don't have to do it over, but do something"

You seem to have found the rhythm
    • 601 posts
    October 19, 2011 8:53 AM PDT
    26 years.....but maybe not for much longer !!! when she asked last night.."what would you like to do to my body".....

Formally identify it....may have been the wrong answer
  • October 20, 2011 5:52 AM PDT
    Just separated after 29 happy years!
    • 2 posts
    October 20, 2011 6:34 AM PDT
    Seperated in 2008 after 21 years.....Been single and for the last 3 1/2 years.
  • October 20, 2011 6:54 AM PDT
    Holy CRAP....there's 8 pages of this? Almost as many pages as my divorce papers. 23 the first time, 6 yrs this time....what the hell was I thinking?
  • February 19, 2013 7:47 AM PST
    It is so nice to read how people are still staying together for a long time.My wife and I are going to celebrate 29 years this year.We have been together for 31 ,she was in 10th grade and i11th at the time.Noone gave us a chance at all because we were so young.But three kids later and almost 5 grandkids,we have one coming in May,our little family is doing just fine.
    Sorry to those who have not made it that long.We will all find our true love someday.