Summer Bod

• January 18, 2010 2:02 AM PST
    -4 in 2 weeks, ugh!
    Don't care about the numbers so much as getting back into the clothes I love! Sadly, it's still a tight squeeze, but I am finally able to do it. 4lbs on a 5'1" frame is quite a bit I guess.
    Great work to everyone, if you were nearer to push me out there maybe the exercise part wouldn't seem so ugly to me. I HATE working out indoors.
    Another day on the dirtbike? Am thinking yes. That'll burn some calories won't it? IF I try and keep up with my 14 year old who is an awesome rider...
    Keep up the good work everyone, you're all my inspiration!
  • January 18, 2010 3:52 AM PST
    -1 this week. total of -4 since we started. Frustrating, eating better and walking almost everyday.
    • 910 posts
    January 18, 2010 4:39 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    -1 this week. total of -4 since we started. Frustrating, eating better and walking almost everyday.

Hey, It's still in the negative. It's a long slow process, especially for us women. How about your water intake? I've only lost 2lbs since we started but I'm slowly making positive changes. Once I shake off this cold/flu I will put more effort into getting active. How much do you walk when you do?
    • 1040 posts
    January 18, 2010 4:57 AM PST
    Never posted up when this thing started but decided to play along from the first day. Started at 232lbs on the 11th and down to 228 today (-4). Been eating lots of salad. My dailey diet has been cut tomatoes, cut cucmbers, avacodo, along with a tad of dressing and dehydrated bacon bits. Will eat a couple slices of wheat bread with water . Baked skinless chicken and turkey sandwhiches.
  • g
    January 18, 2010 6:34 AM PST
    im still a fat basa ,sorry ,lol
    • 1040 posts
    January 18, 2010 8:33 AM PST
    g wrote...
    im still a fat basa ,sorry ,lol

Yea, I wonder at times if there's any hope I'll be anything but short, fat, bald, and ugly...
    • 1516 posts
    January 18, 2010 8:58 AM PST
    -21 as of this morning, and it isn't even the end of the month! As my goal was -20 by then, lets set it for - 25, wish me luck!
    • 910 posts
    January 18, 2010 9:22 AM PST
    BEST OF LUCK DEBRA JO!
  • January 18, 2010 9:41 AM PST
    Hey Guys I'm New here,just started my profile yesterday. I believe you all are great motivators,this maybe just what i need.So, as of today I'm starting with 0.But I want to drop atleast 45lbs.I guess I'll go take the laundry off the treadmill!! Wish me luck. THANX
  • January 18, 2010 9:45 AM PST
    Good luck chiksride 2! You are in good company
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    January 18, 2010 10:19 AM PST
    Started at -0 last week and as of today I am at -4 .. My goal is 10 to 15 lbs by the end of March.. Think I will make it reading all the motivation and reading how others are doing so well and sticking to their guns.....
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    January 18, 2010 10:20 AM PST
    WOW Debra way to go girl. !!!!!!
  • January 18, 2010 10:45 AM PST
    Alright, you are all making me feel guilty. So guess I better start dropping some pounds. I guess I need to look a bit better for the Redwood Run if I'm going to do the "Redwood Runners walk" like I did last year.
    Time to start working this ole body out again. And to think I used to run marathons!!!
  • January 18, 2010 10:56 AM PST
    good job Debra Jo !
    • 601 posts
    January 18, 2010 11:06 AM PST
    Its great that you people are doing this, but have sympathy on people like me. I am on a diet at the minute, not a diet that i want to do, its forced on me.My wife is on this diet, so therefore we are all on diet, the dog has emmigrated to my mothers, the bird table is better stocked than our re-fridge, my son has decided to look for a visa to Somalia, and why.......i made the stupid mistake of buying her a new pair of jeans, and now she needs to fit into them (i screwed up on size), she has taken that as a challenge/insult, and i must suffer, i weigh the norm for my height...............please people, SEND ME SOME FOOD, or at least sympathy
  • January 18, 2010 11:21 AM PST
    10 days 6lbs could be better but it's a start
    • 1161 posts
    January 18, 2010 7:39 PM PST
    rory1 wrote...
    Its great that you people are doing this, but have sympathy on people like me. I am on a diet at the minute, not a diet that i want to do, its forced on me.My wife is on this diet, so therefore we are all on diet, the dog has emmigrated to my mothers, the bird table is better stocked than our re-fridge, my son has decided to look for a visa to Somalia, and why.......i made the stupid mistake of buying her a new pair of jeans, and now she needs to fit into them (i screwed up on size), she has taken that as a challenge/insult, and i must suffer, i weigh the norm for my height...............please people, SEND ME SOME FOOD, or at least sympathy

I did that once aswell never again.  lol

Well Done debrajo62 !!!!!  GREAT JOB!,,
  • g
    January 18, 2010 11:49 PM PST
    u guys wont ever see me ,so i will say im going well ,ive lost loads ,and ive already got my summer body ,lol
  • January 19, 2010 2:51 AM PST
    Good work everyone. I am froze at -30 still. Seems like a hit a wall about every 5 pounds or so.

Keep it up!
  • January 19, 2010 3:08 AM PST
    You guys rock! Your dedication is pure inspiration. Think I'll ignore numbers for awile and just go to workin' it off, the weather is making me want to keep moving so I'm trying lots of new outdoor physical activities. Fortunately having the two teenage boys keeps me running, throwing and playing pretty hard. I'm lucky they don't feel that Mom cramps thier style yet (atleast not that either is brave enough to say to me, haha!)
    You guys are doing great, hope I can catch up and make you proud of me too!
    Congratulations!
    • 910 posts
    January 19, 2010 3:14 AM PST
    g wrote...
    u guys wont ever see me ,so i will say im going well ,ive lost loads ,and ive already got my summer body ,lol

ha! Don't be so sure about that g!

OK, so I just weighed myself and am deciding that I will not weigh myself more than once a day or even more than once a week. I will set Friday mornings as my weekly weigh-in and try my best to do it at the same time each week to avoid weird fluctuations. Reason being is that my first weigh-in this morning had me down another -2 but the second had me at only -1 making my weight loss total thus far either -3 or -4. I'll check back in on Fri for sure. As for exercise I am just shaking off the last of the cold/flu that knocked me out the better part of the last week so I can finally get out and moving. Being sick helped me with my fluid intake but even still it took me a whole week to be able to drink 64oz of water in a day. Let's see if I can make that a daily habit. It's hard drinking that much water when you're not used to it.
    • 2072 posts
    January 19, 2010 3:22 AM PST
    OK........... your all gonna hate me but............ Got out of the Navy in 1978 weighing 155 pounds. Can HONESTLY say I have stayed there ( + - 5 pounds) ever since. Can even still fit in my Navy uniform. Guess it's just good clean living (and lite beer) !!!!!!!
    • 910 posts
    January 19, 2010 3:22 AM PST
    You guys rock! Your dedication is pure inspiration. Think I'll ignore numbers for awile and just go to workin' it off, the weather is making me want to keep moving so I'm trying lots of new outdoor physical activities. Fortunately having the two teenage boys keeps me running, throwing and playing pretty hard. I'm lucky they don't feel that Mom cramps thier style yet (atleast not that either is brave enough to say to me, haha!)
    You guys are doing great, hope I can catch up and make you proud of me too!
    Congratulations!

Good for you! I wish the weather was nicer here (snowing now) but it will be soon enough. I do live right next to a gym so it will be easy enough for me to walk over and hop on a bike or treadmill. Which I hope to do this week now that I'm settling into my new routine. My son is like your boys... not only did he not think I cramped his style but he actually continually invites me along (and so do his friends). Makes me proud. BTW I'm both proud of and inspired by you.
    • 910 posts
    January 19, 2010 3:23 AM PST
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    OK........... your all gonna hate me but............ Got out of the Navy in 1978 weighing 155 pounds. Can HONESTLY say I have stayed there ( + - 5 pounds) ever since. Can even still fit in my Navy uniform. Guess it's just good clean living (and lite beer) !!!!!!!

I don't hate you. I just hope when I finally reach my goal weight I can maintain it as well as you have.
    • 212 posts
    January 19, 2010 12:25 PM PST
    I'm so proud of you DebraJo! Not weighing until Friday, if I'm not crying will post the big number. Have worked out everyday this week, Oh yeah it's just Tuesday LOL