Summer Bod

• 19037 posts
    January 8, 2010 7:28 AM PST
    Left my summer bod back in the summer of '69....
    • 277 posts
    January 8, 2010 7:56 AM PST
    You should have seen Lucky on the treadmill last night! He kept trying to turn around to look at me to see if I was looking at him...he almost fell! (Sorry Sweetie! Had to share!)

I started being serious about losing weight on 01/01/09. Cut out fast food to only once a month; cut out sodas to maybe 2 a month, cut down on bread and bagels and Mexican food and started walking about 8 miles a week. It worked! I lost 20 pounds in 2009!

It wasn't my goal, but I do feel I can do this. I would like to lose another 15 pounds this year.

I weigh myself every Friday morning (after I pee!) and I'm at -1 for the year!

Redwood Rally (in June) I'll be ready!!!
  • January 8, 2010 8:02 AM PST
    Great idea! Was at 212 4 months ago, down to 183 doing mostly low carb and drinking scotch instead of beer!
  • January 8, 2010 8:24 AM PST
    I'm in on this also need to lose about 30lbs They seem to making jeans and shirts a little smaller now a days,started back to gym tuesday, havent been there since last april. good luck everyone
  • January 8, 2010 8:35 AM PST
    I could lose 5 pounds so I'm in. I started back to the gym last week and have been every day this week. Today I am so sore. I started using the rowing machine Wednesday. I found the muscle between my shoulder blade that were giving me a fit when I ride. Hopefully if nothing else I can get all my riding muscles in shape.
  • January 8, 2010 8:43 AM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...
    I am my ideal weight..........If I was 11 ft tall.

Your funny
  • January 8, 2010 9:10 AM PST
    Hold on, hold on, I completly agree with being healthy, but don't all you men go getting to skinny...personally I like some meat on my mans bones. Seriously though, although I was serious about what I just said...Drink Water, LOTS OF WATER, it naturally burns fat, even while you sleep. Although I think its natural to gain some winter weight, I have found that eating alot of fish and seafood helps keep in down some, and lots and lots and lots of sex. Google it, it is amazing how many calories are burned during just the act of kissing, SO...KISS, KISS,EVERYBODY...good luck to all thats on this Quest.
    • 1161 posts
    January 8, 2010 6:54 PM PST
    Im in for this i just finished getting what I need to start im currently 265 im looking to get down 175lbs or under I start on monday ill let you all know my progress. So I can get closer to my enlisted weight that was 145 (yes was very Skinny).
  • January 9, 2010 12:27 AM PST
    ok i am in for this
    starting at 270
    goal 200
  • January 9, 2010 2:00 AM PST
    hey! -2 since I joined this! Skipping beer and drinking lotsa water Friday nite didn't hurt I suppose, just hope a Saturday nite without my boys won't add on an extra 4! Nice start to the weekends self-esteem...
  • January 9, 2010 5:45 AM PST
    Rydndaz - I showed Terri your comment on our photos. She blushed and said awe-shucks. I am sure when we meet some day you can really make her blush!

OK, back to it. Water - YES! Most men are perpetually dehydrated. I'l bet I drink about 3 ounces of plain watter a day. I started packing a gallon jug around and try to drink it all each day. Does make a difference. Especially when you hit a strech where the weight doesn't seem to change but you are doing everything the same...

If this thing catches on, maybe we can get some t-Shirts. I like the idea of 281 on the front. And SYLFB on the back. We all know what 81 means. 281 is the average weight, and SYLFB is Support Your Local Fat Biker
  • January 9, 2010 5:56 AM PST
    I'm sitting at 250 and would like to at least lose 70 of it.
  • January 9, 2010 8:52 AM PST
    Careful bout losing too much guys, most of us prefer a lil sumptin sumptin to hold on to! And course fellas usually smoke us (um, sorry ladies but...) women of a certain age when it comes to weight loss, the rats. kidding!
    • 910 posts
    January 9, 2010 9:00 AM PST
    HDBeech wrote...
    Hold on, hold on, I completly agree with being healthy, but don't all you men go getting to skinny...personally I like some meat on my mans bones. Seriously though, although I was serious about what I just said...Drink Water, LOTS OF WATER, it naturally burns fat, even while you sleep. Although I think its natural to gain some winter weight, I have found that eating alot of fish and seafood helps keep in down some, and lots and lots and lots of sex. Google it, it is amazing how many calories are burned during just the act of kissing, SO...KISS, KISS,EVERYBODY...good luck to all thats on this Quest.

good suggestions... but hmmm, since I'm single perhaps I should set up a kissing booth? It will be like a treadmill for my lips *lol*
  • January 9, 2010 9:07 AM PST
    So do you think 180 would be too skinny HDBeech, stephaniebritt, and AdventureGirl
  • January 9, 2010 12:24 PM PST
    I have already lost 30 due to divorce... got more to go... ((sigh))

this will be great!
  • January 9, 2010 12:39 PM PST
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    HDBeech wrote...

good suggestions... but hmmm, since I'm single perhaps I should set up a kissing booth? It will be like a treadmill for my lips *lol*

I'd hog the front of that line. 

• 1516 posts
    January 9, 2010 12:40 PM PST
    -19 I am so excited.. this is great.. and I agree, guys we need something to hold on too.. no skinny guys. I saw this youngster walking across the street on Friday and he was so skinny his pants were down below his butt and I don't think he meant for them to be.. it was pretty funny!

HD you are my hero...
  • January 9, 2010 1:16 PM PST
    but I've got plenty to hold onto now so why am I wanting to loose weight???? Oh yeah cause I'm narcissistic.
  • January 9, 2010 2:19 PM PST
    OK Hambone, here you go. Here is the butt that is spreading far and wide!
    And, I gotta say,  don't like a skinny man either. I perfer some meat on the bones too! So, right on Ladies!!!
  • January 9, 2010 2:35 PM PST
    Covered up with the sweater. She sweater on my pic is ahnatural.

Nice butt hun.
  • January 9, 2010 2:41 PM PST
    can't find yours, its not where you said it would be.
    Thanks, the sweater is stretched to the limit.. LOL OH, to be 25 again......NOT!
  • January 9, 2010 2:45 PM PST
  • January 9, 2010 2:51 PM PST
    HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THAT ONE!!! WOO HOO, YOU ARE MY KINDA MAN!!!!
    VERY NICE!!!!!!!!WOO HOO!!!
  • g
    January 9, 2010 11:32 PM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    OK Hambone, here you go. Here is the butt that is spreading far and wide!
    And, I gotta say,  don't like a skinny man either. I perfer some meat on the bones too! So, right on Ladies!!!

like ur curtians .