Everyone Have Riding Weather Now?

• 2 posts
    February 25, 2011 4:36 AM PST
    Not yet
    • 277 posts
    February 25, 2011 4:55 AM PST
    It's supposed to be rainy this weekend and 40 to 50 degrees. Even if there wasn't any rain, I still wouldn't ride! I'm a wuss when it comes to COLD weather!
    • 9 posts
    February 25, 2011 5:21 AM PST
    The weather has finally started cooperating here, in Northern Florida. (referred to as southern Georgia, mostly). I do commisurate with ya'll up north, tho. I lived thru that for most of my life, and along with cabin fever, came the itch to ride, like I had a rash that wouldn't improve til I did. I finally moved back south for good, almost 10 years ago. And while I'm not fond of the humidity, I'll take it any day, over being stuck (literally and figuratively). Now, if only it were that easy to fix this out-of-control gas gouging, going on in this country. These corporations can't possibly be feeling the trickle from Egypt yet, and yet, the gas pricing says they are gonna reem us, BIG TIME. It's time we got off this freakin' oil bandwagon. We need to switch to bio-fuel. The sooner the better. Either that, or forgo the cages altogether, and ride exclusively. Hard to carry the groceries that way. But for some of us, it may be eat or ride. I don't know about ya'll, but I smell something brewing...and it ain't coffee. Smells more like a revolt. Just sayin...
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 844 posts
    March 2, 2011 4:02 AM PST
    Getting some real nice weather down here lately. Been in the low 70s in the middle of the day. Still a little chilly in the morning, so I'm still wearing the chaps and winter gloves on the way to work. I sure does feel nice to ride with just a long sleeve on the weekends though!!!!

Hope all the rest of you are having nice weather too... or at least expecting some real soon!
  • March 2, 2011 6:16 AM PST
    50s and 60s in So. Cal. and the rain has stopped for now so were out riding and planning a trip across the desert to watch some spring training baseball this weekend in Arizona.
    • 1 posts
    March 2, 2011 10:32 AM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Not yet

Not  yet.....   
    • 846 posts
    March 3, 2011 12:53 AM PST
    Cathy wrote...
    99Savage wrote...
    Not yet

Not  yet.....   

Me too  and I'm missing bad right now.  14 degrees and a 1/4 inch of salt till on the roads.

• March 3, 2011 3:10 AM PST
    In the 20s at night 30s and 40 in the day with some snow, but sill on the bike hear at FOB Shank Afghanistan.
    • 844 posts
    March 3, 2011 10:03 AM PST
    Damn, Spoke to soon about the great weather. Supposed to rain all weekend!
    • 844 posts
    March 3, 2011 10:05 AM PST
    azkidtx wrote...
    In the 20s at night 30s and 40 in the day with some snow, but sill on the bike hear at FOB Shank Afghanistan.

Good for you Fred!!!  what kind of bike is that you got over there?

• March 4, 2011 12:26 AM PST

GoFur
    Good for you Fred!!! what kind of bike is that you got over there?

It’s a 150cc Kavir. Picked it up for $600 From a guy from Mohammad Agha province.
  • March 4, 2011 12:30 AM PST

GoFur
    Good for you Fred!!! what kind of bike is that you got over there?

It’s a 150cc Kavir. Picked it up for $600 From a guy from Mohammad Agha province.
    • 834 posts
    March 4, 2011 4:23 AM PST
    Yep we always have rining weather here - except for the monsoons!

cool bike azkidtx, you gonna bring it home?
  • March 6, 2011 7:31 PM PST
    I was thinking about it but don’t know. Talk with customs and its going to be a pain in the ass. No gas no oil and will pay more in tax to GOV then the bike is worth. Then won’t be able to get parts for it back home. Innless one of you knows were a Kavir dealer is in the states. LOL
  • March 6, 2011 9:42 PM PST
    Great weekend out in the desert watching some spring baseball but started to get some rain on the way home today but all in all a nice weekend. I don't mind the rain if it isn't too cold and the idiot drivers around me don't panic and drive like dumbasses. Is it too much to ask for one of my teams the Chargers or the Padres to win a championship while I'm still young enough to remember it.
  • April 15, 2011 4:09 PM PDT
    Still a little cold here 40s and maybe low 50s during the day, but the roads are dry so we are riding. Just wish we didn't have to be all bundled up!
    • 5420 posts
    March 19, 2012 6:59 PM PDT
    Ok, It's the First Day of Spring....

Who's got riding weather and who doesn't?????
    • 58 posts
    March 19, 2012 10:22 PM PDT
    Is wet and windy in TX. The T-storm season is upon us. Going to have to check for more than just temps for a while. Watch out for twisters.
  • March 19, 2012 10:43 PM PDT
    Yesterday in Montana.
  • March 19, 2012 11:17 PM PDT
    Minnesota, twin cities area is wonderful mid to high 60's.
  • March 20, 2012 1:38 AM PDT
    It's always riding season here, rain and all.
  • March 20, 2012 3:04 AM PDT
    It's in the 40's in the morning but by this afternoon we should see some low 80's. Riding weather for some, but I'm still seeing to much sand and gravel for me to be comfortable....but it is New Hampshire.  Happy Spring all!
    • 846 posts
    March 20, 2012 8:59 AM PDT
    StreetBobGirl, I know what you mean but I can't take it any longer and have called to get mine out of storage this weekend when the temperatures drop back to normal. Mine stored in NH also and I'll drive it back to Mass Saturday.
    • 5420 posts
    April 18, 2013 2:21 AM PDT
    So does everyone have riding weather this year yet, or a few still waiting for the snow and ice to melt?
    • 19037 posts
    April 18, 2013 2:22 AM PDT
    Not in parts of Colorado...