Everyone Have Riding Weather Now?

• 212 posts
    March 19, 2010 5:41 AM PDT
    In the seventies todays, Yea, but tonight expecting 6-12 inches of snow. We so wanted to call in sick.LOL Will be crapppy later! Only in Oklahoma!!
  • g
    March 19, 2010 7:19 AM PDT
    just got ma new brake line on and blead ,had a wee run round the block to check them out ,now i just have to mot n tax ma bike .
  • March 19, 2010 8:10 AM PDT
    Low 70's, sunny, not a cloud in the sky today and just got back for a ride. Damn I hate coming back to work on days like today!
    • 2 posts
    March 19, 2010 12:28 PM PDT
    Sunny in S. NYS w/ hi about 60 - Ulysses fired up w/ 1st hit of the starter - Tomorrow about the last good weather for a week - Good excuse to do maint.
  • March 19, 2010 1:08 PM PDT
    Swanzey to Dublin, NH
    Drove to work in a cage...47 degrees... ru kidding me? Finally...The ice on the lake finally opened up and the 2 feet of leftover snow was down to 5 inches...and to top off the day my local HD shop sent me a note...time to get the old girl out and spruce her up for late spring riding...:Dee and her Blue Goose will be on the road soon..WooHoo! capital screaming letters! See you all on the highway.
    Love,ee
  • March 19, 2010 2:15 PM PDT
    was a great day here in northern Ohio low 60's me and a bud rode for about 5 hours It was at least 10 degrees colder by Lake Erie
  • March 19, 2010 2:54 PM PDT
    In Iowa...rode yesterday, 65 and sunny, today 5 inches of snow....sigh, I really need to move south!!!!
  • March 19, 2010 4:40 PM PDT
    pal on a dyna stopped by we ran 2 lanes along delaware river from below allentown to portland pa. about 90 miles, freakin great
  • March 20, 2010 3:47 AM PDT
    Still not ideal weather yet, but nice for short brisk rides. Usually around 50-55 in the sun, but when you get up in the mountains and into the shade, gets down in the 40s. But no snow or rain, so I'm riding!
  • March 20, 2010 5:51 AM PDT
    Yesterday was great. Went about 150 mi round trip. Started the temps were in the 30's and when I hit the 5100' pass it was damn cold. Coming back it was in the 60's and sunny. It was a great ride.
  • March 23, 2010 10:00 AM PDT
    Went back down a bit 44 today. Showing mid 50s for the weekend, but with rain. Probably have about 3 more weeks before we can get some consistent riding weather.
  • March 23, 2010 2:05 PM PDT
    76 degrees and sunny. 80 miles in the sun.
    • 1066 posts
    March 23, 2010 3:32 PM PDT
    Got some seat time in last week. Went out to a buds house the other day. Nice day to ride the back roads, till i went over a little rise in the road, blind spot. There was bad spot in the road, about 8 by 8 that some genius filled with limestone. No warning signs, just this crater in the middle of the road. The forks bottomed out on the bike big time. Everyone ride safe. None of the highway crews ride bikes, otherwise they would'nt do stupid shit like that!!!!!!!!
    • 212 posts
    March 24, 2010 1:15 PM PDT
    First poker run of the year for me Saturday,somebody pray to the sun god that it will be above freezing!
  • March 25, 2010 10:22 PM PDT
    damn if it dident snow last night here in northern Ohio but may get into the 60's next week
    • 1066 posts
    March 25, 2010 10:49 PM PDT
    Hey Bullmoose, send some of that 60 degree stuff my way. I'm about 45 miles north of Columbus. The wife came walking in with snowball the size of a soccer ball about 9:30 last night.
    • 5 posts
    March 26, 2010 2:49 AM PDT
    Had several days of weather over 45 degrees, that is all it takes for me to get the bike out. I used to ride year round but since 2008 started chemo and still going through it so I need warmer weather until finished. Only managed about 10,000 miles in 08 and 8,000 miles in 09 and about 750 so far this year. Now they are predicting snow again for this weekend... But next week from Wednesday on in the sixty's... Can't wait :-D
  • September 28, 2010 5:14 AM PDT
    The temp is not bad - high 60s during the day, and high 50s at night.  The problem has been the darn rain.  Seams like we have at least a little rain every day
    • 846 posts
    September 28, 2010 5:35 AM PDT
    This is the best time of year to ride in the northeast. Unfortunately we’ve had rain the last two days. The leafs have started to change and the cooler temps make it just right. Just have to watch out for acorns in the corners (bumper crop this year) they act like little ball bearings. Where are all the squirrels when you need them?
  • September 29, 2010 3:08 AM PDT
    Yep, we sure do. Was actaully too hot last weekend. supposed to be a beautiful 80 degrees this weekend.
  • September 29, 2010 3:34 AM PDT
    Believe it or not, we still have high 80s during the day. Nights are starting to get pretty cold, so we just need to make sure we take all the winter gear with us in case we don't make it back by sundown. Saturday we rode in 85 degree weather all day, but on the way home just after dark, it was about 38 going over the pass. Thats where you have to make the decision to ride slow to keep the wind chill down, or haul ass to get home as quick as possible.
    • 844 posts
    September 30, 2010 5:25 PM PDT
    Still all good here. Low 80s and sunshine!!!
  • September 30, 2010 7:58 PM PDT
    Its pouring with rain here in Portsmouth (uk) and cold too 
    • 580 posts
    October 2, 2010 9:12 PM PDT

I only get Sundays off these days and it's an absolute monsoon out there!!!!!!  Blowing a gale and pouring so hard that it's bouncing off the floor.  It's set for the day too so can't even hope to get out a little later.  It was a LOVELY day here yesterday while I was stuck indoors.  Not a happy bunny!!

Oh well - suppose that means I need to crack on with some housework then  instead of playing out.   
    • 844 posts
    February 11, 2011 3:14 AM PST
    Its been in the 50s here mid-day, but at least the sun has been shining. Rode my bike to work a couple of days this week and the 30 degree morning really woke me up!!! It is supposed to get up to 70 by Sunday or Monday!