Everyone Have Riding Weather Now?

• 223 posts
    February 11, 2011 7:42 AM PST
    We're still under a LOT of snow here in Central Kansas... it's gonna be awhile...

• February 11, 2011 9:51 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...

We always have riding weather

(sorry, had to do it)

Luckys lucky....that's n oxymoron...hahaha.....I do envey your weather....

• February 11, 2011 10:32 AM PST
    Ha!
    -2 this morning with around 2 feet of snow on the ground here in western Michigan. Perhaps in another 2 months or so.
  • February 11, 2011 1:56 PM PST
    argonman1 wrote...
    Ha!
    -2 this morning with around 2 feet of snow on the ground here in western Michigan. Perhaps in another 2 months or so.

-22 degrees this morning up here in the Upper Peninsula... good news was that it was up to almost 20 by midafternoon.  Spring ain't here yet but it's a-comin'.
    • 9 posts
    February 11, 2011 2:24 PM PST
    J'ville is more like northern Georgia right now, Cold, rainy, spotty sunshine. But some random riding weather. I myself have not partaken, due to the bummer leg. Plus, need to get a tune-up. And I'm suffering mafundsalow syndrome. Oh well, better days are coming...Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 16834 posts
    February 11, 2011 3:23 PM PST
    In extreme Northwest Pennsylvania we basically have a tundra situation going on.
    Next week they say it will hit 50 degrees, I'm glad I built on a high elevation due to the flooding once all this hard packed snow melts.
    • 580 posts
    February 11, 2011 9:58 PM PST
    Mild and sunny today (about 45 degrees) but I'm working all day. Driving rain and high winds tomorrow on my day off - go figure!!!!!!!!! :o(
  • February 12, 2011 1:32 AM PST
    53 today, 58 tomorrow and 70s next week, HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN
    • 19043 posts
    February 12, 2011 2:26 AM PST
    Yeah Howard, this is why i came down here but stooooopid me left Rex back in PA for the first leg. So maybe I will put the top down, take the doors off and drop the windshield and take Mack for a run...
    • 16834 posts
    February 12, 2011 3:25 AM PST
    Sunny today and 26 degrees. Maybe I should build a snowmobile instead of a new bike.
  • February 12, 2011 4:41 AM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Sunny today and 26 degrees. Maybe I should build a snowmobile instead of a new bike.

........or better yet.........a house in Florida !!  

I'll tell ya what man, this winter is wearing on me more than in the past.  Hell I've not ridden since late November and it doesnt look like I will be any time soon.  Its official, I'm a whiner !!

jb

• 16834 posts
    February 12, 2011 8:45 AM PST
    jbasile wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

I'll tell ya what man, this winter is wearing on me more than in the past.  Hell I've not ridden since late November and it doesnt look like I will be any time soon.  Its official, I'm a whiner !!

jb

After I got out of the service I got a job for the PA DOT, pretty much gave up all my Winter activities due to working all kinds of hours.
    Now I just watch the snow pile up knowing I don't have to doing anything about it. :-)

Big John

• 1 posts
    February 12, 2011 10:32 AM PST
    jbasile wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

jb

,,,,and it is now official....The New York Whiners club has two members.  JB...I'll even let you be president...

• 1516 posts
    February 12, 2011 11:54 AM PST
    Cathy wrote...
    jbasile wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

jb

,,,,and it is now official....The New York Whiners club has two members.  JB...I'll even let you be president...

Or you all could just move to California!   Today was the perfect temp for any season.

• February 12, 2011 12:37 PM PST
    Finally the weather and my schedule alighned and I got out for some road time today.

Enjoying the sunshine while it lasts since there's weather coming in for most of the week.
    • 1516 posts
    February 12, 2011 12:39 PM PST
    Rexbo47 wrote...
    Finally the weather and my schedule alighned and I got out for some road time today.

Enjoying the sunshine while it lasts since there's weather coming in for most of the week.

Hey Rex.. how you doin? Yeah I heard there was bad weather predicted for the whole week ahead..

• February 12, 2011 1:00 PM PST
    if the sheet of ice at the end of my drive mets tomorrow I am going to try to get out for a bit even if its only going to be 40
    • 567 posts
    February 12, 2011 1:54 PM PST
    The girlfriend and I are gonna rough it and get out on the bike. The temps are only gonna get up to 70 so I'm thinkin' we are gonna really hafta bundle up. [snicker]
    Actually, we are gonna get out on the bike tomorrow. The Florida Aquarium over in Tampa has got a rate of just 5 bucks for seniors. And, it will be a very nice day for a ride.
  • February 13, 2011 1:08 AM PST
    Cathy wrote...
    jbasile wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

jb

Well, I guess I've earned it so.....Thank you very much !!    The president is proud to announce that the word "50" has been mentioned in our long range forecast.  A big yee-haw to that right there !! 

jb

• February 13, 2011 2:18 AM PST
    66 in North Florida, hell yeah , I'm riding!
  • February 14, 2011 8:17 AM PST
    Well, it was 70 degrees driving back from TN today, so maybe. I still think ole mother nature will sucker punch us at least one more time tho'.
    • 2 posts
    February 22, 2011 5:46 AM PST
    Not yet, at least not in South Central NY
  • February 22, 2011 6:10 AM PST
    I second that in NH. I still have four feet of snow on my deck!
    • 846 posts
    February 22, 2011 6:55 AM PST
    It's going to be a while yet, same as NH here in MA. Only 27 as a high today and a 1/4 inch of salt on the roads. Not even close to the average temps yet.
    • 1516 posts
    February 22, 2011 7:05 AM PST
    Seem that the days that are perfect for riding, the boss has this crazy idea about me working.. then the weekend rolls around to welcome in the rain..