Do You Wear Protective Clothing on Your Motorcycle

• March 29, 2010 2:03 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    .... I have had good luck at good  Army - Navy stores. The green mesh type is a bit harder to find now but there are plenty of black mesh ones. By far the BEST summer riding boots I have found!

Thank you.  I will keep an eye out, especially since these boots have received such rave reviews.    It may be luck to find them...then luckier to find 'em in a woman's size 6.

• 1509 posts
    March 29, 2010 11:31 PM PDT
    You Know what they say about little feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1509 posts
    March 29, 2010 11:32 PM PDT
    Big Heart

haha!
  • March 29, 2010 11:57 PM PDT
    Pretty much everything I wear is weather dependent. Good boots; gloves - kevlar mesh in hot weather and insulated gloves in cold. Jeans and chaps up to about 80 F, armored jeans in the heat. Leather jacket; again up to 80 or so F, armored Kevlar mesh Jacket in the heat. The Kevlar jacket has a rain liner. Sometimes just wear a 'wife beater' undershirt under the jacket. Helmet (by choice) - half helmet most of the time, full face when it's cold (under 40 degrees F). Been known to ride around our little town with just a long sleeved shirt - but on the highway I want some protection from rocks, debris etc.
  • March 30, 2010 12:29 AM PDT
    Check Rocky and Bates for a simular constructed boot to old jungle boot. The are lighter but good high ankle protection with easy flex. Some called "DUTY" boot...Have had good sole wear and grip service even in gasoline and pavement spill spots in service centers..
  • March 30, 2010 1:19 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    these are the chaps u need .

Agreed, them is Man Riding pants, Chaps is for Chicks in Thongs.
    • 5420 posts
    March 30, 2010 4:46 AM PDT
    Olenorthpole wrote...
    Pretty much everything I wear is weather dependent. ......

I am pretty much the same, I dress for the weather when it comes to jacket and chaps.  However I always where long pants, boots, gloves (half gloves in summer), and a helmet. 

• March 30, 2010 4:57 AM PDT
    Thank you for NOT sharing a pic of you in chaps naked too!............ lol
    • 601 posts
    April 23, 2010 7:38 AM PDT

• April 25, 2010 2:54 PM PDT
    All I will say about wearing gear is ATGATT.... Always dress for the fall.
    • 1161 posts
    April 25, 2010 3:16 PM PDT
    rory1 wrote...

That is the guy who ate 6 BigMac's in under like 5 min or something like that with his helmet on aswell... must be the after math of that LOL.
    • 58 posts
    August 27, 2010 3:06 PM PDT
    I saw a kid riding on the frontage road in Dallas, TX the other day with nothin but a pair of shorts!! Not even flip-flops!
  • October 27, 2013 6:34 AM PDT
    I find that the more protected I feel the better I am able to respond to obstacles that come my way. Since I started my business representing an armored jean company many have heard about but are unfamiliar with I thought I would post to this thread. Info available on Youtube use Resurgence Gear as the keyword, we do have a website with more info at http://resurgencegearusa.com our company webiste is http://resurgencegear.com and we do have a couple of EBAY auctions where you can get our pants cheaper than from the company. If you would like a demo check out youtube using Resurgence Gear Drag Test, I slid on my but for 17 seconds (according to the timer on the camera) so these pants work well in the unlikely event of a spill. Youtube also has a comparison video of our lining vs kevlar if interested use the term PEKEV vs Kevlar to see it. Now get out and ride...
  • December 1, 2013 4:48 PM PST
    RufCut wrote...
    I saw a kid riding on the frontage road in Dallas, TX the other day with nothin but a pair of shorts!! Not even flip-flops!

I use to do the same thing Every time I ride with flip flops I loose them so I wear tennis shoes and shorts now