Do You Wear Protective Clothing on Your Motorcycle

• January 6, 2010 4:25 PM PST
    I wear leather jacket, full gloves, jeans and one of many pairs of boot.(I have a thing for boots) Chaps a lot of the time. Oh, and a full face helmet when I'm on my bike. Half helmet if riding with the BF. Got hit by hornet in upper inner thigh once doing about 50, hurt like hell. I also had a bee fly into my helmet on a poker run, that was fun!
    I was an EMT for years and saw lots of road rash and I don't like pain. Big baby!
  • January 6, 2010 4:28 PM PST
    Hambone, we all want to see that photo, PLEASE!!!!!
  • January 6, 2010 4:41 PM PST
    Agree with sidetrack, can we get a picture, double that PLEASE!!!
  • January 6, 2010 4:54 PM PST
    Will this do for now?
  • January 6, 2010 5:07 PM PST
    hambone wrote...
    Will this do for now?

Nice ass hambone, it will definitely do!!!
  • g
    January 6, 2010 9:54 PM PST
    bet admin take that photo off !!.bet u .
  • g
    January 7, 2010 12:03 AM PST
    Its still on !!
    • 21 posts
    January 7, 2010 12:13 AM PST
    ha ha!!! Hambone, you're CRAZY man!!!!

BTW - I only use Hijinx Apparel as my protective gear when I ride !!!!
    • 513 posts
    January 7, 2010 2:12 AM PST
    Caption for hambone's foto;

"Ass me no questions and I tells you no lies"

I would say laughing my ass off but I think hambone has put enough ass in this thread already LOL!

Oh! the bare arse cheek of it......but but but.. hambone you crack me up,,,,ooops another one!! LOL!
  • January 9, 2010 2:55 PM PST
    That is the best Ass I have seen in a long time!!!
    Go for it Hambone, sorry I didn't look back at this thread before. You made my day.....
    • 1516 posts
    January 9, 2010 3:08 PM PST
    Hambone, you are funny.. I didn't see this before.. butttttt.. hehehe now I really understand the name..
  • January 9, 2010 3:13 PM PST
    debrajo62 wrote...
    Hambone, you are funny.. I didn't see this before.. butttttt.. hehehe now I really understand the name..

Oh no hun you don't. 

• 1516 posts
    January 9, 2010 3:36 PM PST
    tell me more.. you are very interesting..
  • January 9, 2010 3:42 PM PST
    I'm an excellent driver.
    • 1516 posts
    January 9, 2010 3:47 PM PST
    whats your favorite "ride"
  • January 9, 2010 9:12 PM PST
    I always wear jeans. Jacket, chaps depend on the weather. I wear a helmet if we're riding on the freeways or if it's raining or night riding.
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 1:25 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

I dress for weather and not for “Safety”. The exception is I always wear jeans and boots, (nylon GI combat boots for warm days and leather insulated combat boots for cold days.) BTW I have found them to be the best boots ever since Uncle Sam gave me my first pair.  Once I tried to move my bike from the driveway into the garage wearing only slippers and damn near dropped it when my foot came out of the slipper.

Here is how not to dress...

Rex your picture of a dude with a helmet on and shorts and flip flops on is one of my bigest peeves. I see people riding in shorts and flip flops (GI term) and I try to tell them. Dude you go down and your F%$#. Our toes help balance us when we walk.....no toes no walk. I've been down in the last 40 years 4 times. If you ride long enought it's not a matter of if you will go down it's a matter of when.

Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 1:30 AM PST
    hambone wrote...
    Just a leather thong and a hockey mask.

What??? The thong is leather!

Hey Hambone I've seen you in chaps with your ass hanging out. Your one brave dude all I can say.

Night Dragon
  • g
    January 10, 2010 1:39 AM PST
    aye ,watch u dont come off dude ,lol
    • 75 posts
    January 10, 2010 2:18 AM PST
    Hey Hambone, don't you hate laundry day?   

Seriously Tammy75: Dress for the road - not the ride. The first time you see/hear someone down BUT conscious (with a big portion of their skin shredded off) and unable to get up from the burning ashpalt (on a hot sunny day, the roadway surface can be more than 50°F higher than the ambient temperature), you'll understand.
    • 910 posts
    January 10, 2010 2:41 AM PST
    Dyna wrote...
    Caption for hambone's foto;

"Ass me no questions and I tells you no lies"

I would say laughing my ass off but I think hambone has put enough ass in this thread already LOL!

Oh! the bare arse cheek of it......but but but.. hambone you crack me up,,,,ooops another one!! LOL!

Dyna you brought me to tears on this one...
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 4:38 AM PST
    hambone wrote...
    Will this do for now?

I still say looks like someone let the air out of Hambones left cheek.........

Ha

Night Dragon
  • January 10, 2010 5:33 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

I dress for weather and not for “Safety”. The exception is I always wear jeans and boots, (nylon GI combat boots for warm days and leather insulated combat boots for cold days.) BTW I have found them to be the best boots ever since Uncle Sam gave me my first pair.  Once I tried to move my bike from the driveway into the garage wearing only slippers and damn near dropped it when my foot came out of the slipper.

Here is how not to dress...

Rex your picture of a dude with a helmet on and shorts and flip flops on is one of my bigest peeves. I see people riding in shorts and flip flops (GI term) and I try to tell them. Dude you go down and your F%$#. Our toes help balance us when we walk.....no toes no walk. I've been down in the last 40 years 4 times. If you ride long enought it's not a matter of if you will go down it's a matter of when.

Night Dragon
    why is that a peeve? its his butt not urs. Im for wearin what you want and I aint gonna put my head in a can no matter where I ride.
  • January 10, 2010 5:45 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    hambone wrote...
    Will this do for now?

I still say looks like someone let the air out of Hambones left cheek.........

Ha

Night Dragon

Honestly it disturbs me just a bit that you have taken the time to inspect my ass to that extent. 

• January 10, 2010 5:50 AM PST
    highrisk wrote...
    Boots, Gloves, glasses, and a helmet at all times..... Chaps, leather jacket as weather permits, as well as a face mask..............
      Pretty much sums it up...works for me,sometimes I wear a vest when it is hot:-)