Do You Wear Protective Clothing on Your Motorcycle

• 3 posts
    September 24, 2009 12:43 AM PDT
    Experience has taught me to wear the gear!

Always wear at least jeans, full face helmet (over 30% of helmet that hit the ground in a get off hit the lower face!), and a jacket with armor (typically my Olympia Airglide II multi-season jacket) & gloves. On longer rides I also wear my Sidi boots & Olympia Airglide II pants (also multi-season with armor).
  • g
    September 24, 2009 1:39 AM PDT
    good lad.
  • September 24, 2009 2:01 AM PDT
    Canvas jeans, DOT helmet, gloves, riding boots, goggles or face shield, and armored jacket (10 months). I have to lose the jacket in worst of the Texas summer.
  • September 24, 2009 2:03 AM PDT
    Harleybodei wrote...
    Chaps are a must for anybody that rides in cold weather!!!!
    But wear jeans under those chaps, or you'll slide around when you start sweating.
  • g
    September 24, 2009 5:12 AM PDT
    lol.
  • g
    September 24, 2009 6:07 AM PDT
    have a great photo for u lot ,have to find out how to load in on hear thow ,lol
  • g
    September 24, 2009 6:15 AM PDT
    this is the one ,looks bad ,ouch .
  • g
    September 25, 2009 1:22 AM PDT
    guy came off without gloves ,imagine what his legs and other parts wid be like if he never had the gear on .
    • 1364 posts
    September 25, 2009 1:27 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    chap's ?? what do they actually do ??

The first thing chaps do is keep you warm in the cooler temps....... The main purpose of chaps is for protection. Leather will slide on the road and rip away less then jeans and skin.

• g
    September 25, 2009 6:51 AM PDT
    aye but if u land on ur ass?? they dont have pads .
  • g
    September 25, 2009 6:53 AM PDT
    see.
  • g
    September 25, 2009 6:54 AM PDT
    easy for rear end entry ??
  • g
    September 25, 2009 6:57 AM PDT
    these are the chaps u need .
    • 1161 posts
    January 3, 2010 6:38 PM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

I dress for weather and not for “Safety”. The exception is I always wear jeans and boots, (nylon GI combat boots for warm days and leather insulated combat boots for cold days.) BTW I have found them to be the best boots ever since Uncle Sam gave me my first pair.  Once I tried to move my bike from the driveway into the garage wearing only slippers and damn near dropped it when my foot came out of the slipper.

Here is how not to dress...

Here in Southern GA.  I see this alot.  But I use a Jacket,  Vest,  Full Faced Helmet,  Full Fingerd gloves,  and Pants Until i can afford Chaps.  I have seen what happens to those that dont protect them selves.  But im also a newer rider aswell.
  • January 3, 2010 8:28 PM PST
    i believe in wearing protection
  • g
    January 4, 2010 1:36 AM PST
    aye ,snap .
    • 513 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:54 AM PST
    In Winter I wear leathers, gloves ,combat boots and roof open face helmet with Sick Boy neoprene all weather mask.

In Summer jeans, combat boots and sleeveless and beanie helmet, underwear optional......hahahaha! .

• 1509 posts
    January 4, 2010 3:35 AM PST
    Just a condom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • January 4, 2010 9:12 AM PST
    I always ride with gloves, boots and a jacket. I actually went around the block last week in just tennis shoes and felt...well....naked.
    • 27 posts
    January 4, 2010 9:24 AM PST
    always at least wear a leather vest its your hide
  • g
    January 5, 2010 2:13 AM PST
    just shoes ,wish id seen that .
  • January 5, 2010 3:49 AM PST
    Yes - I wear a helmet, Jacket normally, Gloves, Boots and Jeans.... I would rather keep my body intacted if I go down at least I can make a attempt....
  • January 5, 2010 4:18 AM PST
    Just a leather thong and a hockey mask.

What??? The thong is leather!
    • 513 posts
    January 5, 2010 7:21 AM PST
    hambone wrote...
    Just a leather thong and a hockey mask.

What??? The thong is leather!

• January 6, 2010 4:14 PM PST
    Hambone, your the greatest, believe we could be fun friends...As for me, I wear what is comfortable , the ol'man does require that i do wear shoes...definitely a Southern girl, what can I say? Even when we ride naked, I still have to wear boots...Life is hard! I figure if I'm gonna take a dump, no amount of protection is gonna help me if I'm meant to be hurt. As for the weather...I'll brave it anyway it comes, kinda like the sting of the rain, aliitle pain in the pleasure, like spanking...