Meeting up at a central point in the US (Past Event)

• 1 posts
    May 3, 2010 9:37 AM PDT
    fxrdude wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...
    fxrdude wrote...
    Fartking may have a challenger for his throne

WILL THE PAIN OF THIS POST NEVER STOP?????

I doubt it....

I'm quite certain that at some point in time this too shall pass.......or maybe NOT.    
  • May 3, 2010 1:07 PM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    fxrdude wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...
    fxrdude wrote...
    Fartking may have a challenger for his throne

WILL THE PAIN OF THIS POST NEVER STOP?????

I doubt it....

I'm quite certain that at some point in time this too shall pass.......or maybe NOT.    

Should I bring lots of stick matches? I figured it would be a good idea to leave the coleman lantern home. Don't want any big explosions, just little ones. LOL 

• May 3, 2010 1:07 PM PDT

Hate repeating myself!!!

• 1780 posts
    May 4, 2010 12:14 AM PDT
    Hardy ha ha ha to the lot of ya as g would say
  • May 4, 2010 2:14 AM PDT
    Just remember Dragon, if they don't tease ya, it's cause ya don't count... By the way, had the patches sewn and they look great! Sarge...
    • 1040 posts
    May 4, 2010 3:26 AM PDT
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    Just remember Dragon, if they don't tease ya, it's cause ya don't count... By the way, had the patches sewn and they look great! Sarge...

.....and it's fun too  
    • 352 posts
    May 7, 2010 12:31 AM PDT

ok, so the plan for me is this:

- I will be heading out of Va. Beach on May 12 with a loaded truck (including my bike of course), should hit Nashville on the 13th or 14th depending on what time I actually do make the highway and how long I spend in a few HD shops along the way. Not sure if I will be taking the southern route - RT-40 or the northern route through Danville, guess it depends on if anyone wants to hookup one way or the other.

I will be in Nashville till the 19th when I will be flying back here to Virginia to pack & get ready for my trip to Jamaica - 2 weeks in paradise

Then I will fly back to Nashville again on June 21st and will be running up to the meet & greet on the 23rd-25th, then driving back east to VA either via Nashville again or straight out from KY...undecided.

- If anyone needs something brought to the M&G and it will be ready by the 12th I can find some room on the truck. The truck and contents will be safe at my sons new home (the reason I am running the truck out is to move his stuff out of my garage to make room for another bike - just don't tell the wife)

- For the return trip I will have an empty truck (except for my bike) so I can fit 1 or possibly 2 more bikes and some gear inside if anyone is interested...give me a yell

This is shapping up top be an awsome summer and I am looking forward to meeting you all there!

Dan "BullDog"
    Ph/IM 757-286-0303

• 1780 posts
    May 13, 2010 8:06 AM PDT
    FYI.....Angel Eyes and I should arrive in Boling Green somewhere between 5 - 6 PM on June 25th, and will be leaving on the morning of June 28th. For us it's like 750 miles or 11 - 12 hour drive. What is everybody elses planes for arrival and departure.
    Dragon
  • May 13, 2010 8:10 AM PDT
    Rex and I are leaving from my place in NY on the 21st of June, arriving on the 2fourth and leaving Bowling Green on the 29th. I'm not sure of the mileage, but we are taking our time and going to enjoy the ride. He's the map master. Plus, I'm riding with him instead of riding my bike down.
  • May 13, 2010 8:22 AM PDT
    Steven and I arrive on the 24th and leave on the 28th. Just like Rex Steven is our map master. By the time we hit Bowling Green we should have 3200 miles on our trip so far.....we are hitting the meet and greet from MD by way of TX, FL and Tail of the Dragon...

Deb campground said yes about coffee makers...I have my box packed and I have thrown in linens, coffee, salt and pepper....LOL what else do we need...I see grocery shopping as soon as we get there.
    • 910 posts
    May 13, 2010 8:38 AM PDT
    I'll be arriving on the 24th by way of NY, VA, & TN. Carrying whatever supplies I can for Deb & Mike as I will be cruising in my cage this trip. Headed out on the 29th... and will cover a fair amount of ground, and will visit family, friends and more CF friends for the rest of the summer before arriving home in late August. If anyone else has gear to store in my car check my profile page to see the stops I'm making on my way to KY. Maybe I'll pass by you and you can load up whatever fits.
    • 212 posts
    May 13, 2010 1:18 PM PDT
    Hey everybody, just found out today we are not going to go to meet and greet, friend of ours has brain cancer and wants his last ride to be all around yellowstone, so we are trying to get that planned while he can still ride. I'm really
    down that I won't get to meet you all,but I'm sure there will be another time and place for us to meet. I canceled my reservation for my cabin today,so anyone who still needs one call them asap.Everyone have agreat time ad drink one for me and take lots of pictures.
    • 352 posts
    May 13, 2010 1:23 PM PDT
    sorry to hear about your friend!

Have a great ride with your friend...thoughts and prayers

...and we will catch you on the next trip
    • 910 posts
    May 13, 2010 1:25 PM PDT
    Hey everybody, just found out today we are not going to go to meet and greet, friend of ours has brain cancer and wants his last ride to be all around yellowstone, so we are trying to get that planned while he can still ride. I'm really
    down that I won't get to meet you all,but I'm sure there will be another time and place for us to meet. I canceled my reservation for my cabin today,so anyone who still needs one call them asap.Everyone have agreat time ad drink one for me and take lots of pictures.

My thoughts are with you and your friend! You've got your priorites straight! You will be missed but you will be where you are supposed to be and your friend will take that with him to the next world. Let us know if you need anything, even if just moral support. You've got it!
    • 1040 posts
    May 13, 2010 1:26 PM PDT
    Yes Pattie; what the Bulldog said; have fun and prayers are with your friend.

Will be there on the 24th and leaving on the 27th; don't know if bike coming with me or not as still trying to work out details with the boys. I want em to go but they talk like they want to stay with friends...Will see.
    • 212 posts
    May 13, 2010 1:36 PM PDT
    Thanks guys look forward to meeting you all.
  • May 17, 2010 8:42 AM PDT
    We'll probably be in BG on the 23rd and leave whenever Bonnie gets ready to go, Monday or Tuesday.
  • May 17, 2010 8:53 AM PDT
    Extreme we roll in on the 24 and leave early Monday..hard ride home for us so Steven can be back at work on Tuesday. Can not wait to see you and Bonnie maybe in Tx and Ky.
  • May 17, 2010 8:56 AM PDT

You know we will send you pictures, drink for you and miss you.  prayers for you and your friend. remember to send us pictures of your ride.
  • May 17, 2010 9:40 AM PDT
    MDBikerGal wrote...
    Extreme we roll in on the 24 and leave early Monday..hard ride home for us so Steven can be back at work on Tuesday. Can not wait to see you and Bonnie maybe in Tx and Ky.

We're ready.
  • May 17, 2010 4:14 PM PDT
    I hope you all have a great time and I am sorry that I am going to be missing it                                 
    • 1509 posts
    May 17, 2010 5:31 PM PDT
    Wish you could make it in a car if the medical problems get better. If not you will be in our thoughts and prayers until such time as you are 100. Percent.
  • May 17, 2010 11:31 PM PDT
    Totally impossable?? Acouple of days could be good for mind and body. Keep good thoughts. Spirit protect and guide your travels each day..
    • 1040 posts
    May 21, 2010 12:56 AM PDT
    Hey guys, I have things that have come up which at this point may not all ow me to attend the GTG. There are things which have ttranspired that may allow me not to attend. I'm still trying to decide what I can do to be there so I'm not totally out of the loop. I suspect If I go I will only be able to ride up for a day or two at the most. I would probably ride up on the 24th or 25th to meet everyone, stay the night and head back the next day. I hate I can't do the entire gig but it is what it is so hopefully at least a day or maybe two will be good enough to drink a beer or two. If there are any other changes I will let you know...Ride Safe Folks.

• May 21, 2010 1:13 AM PDT
    fxrdude wrote...
    Hey guys, I have things that have come up which at this point may not all ow me to attend the GTG. There are things which have ttranspired that may allow me not to attend. I'm still trying to decide what I can do to be there so I'm not totally out of the loop. I suspect If I go I will only be able to ride up for a day or two at the most. I would probably ride up on the 24th or 25th to meet everyone, stay the night and head back the next day. I hate I can't do the entire gig but it is what it is so hopefully at least a day or maybe two will be good enough to drink a beer or two. If there are any other changes I will let you know...Ride Safe Folks.

I'm really sorry to hear this Blaine. If there is anything I can do to help let me know!!! Even if you make it for an overnight, thats better than nothing. We are all hoping to meet you.