Did you choose the 'Biker" lifestyle-or did the lifest

• 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:25 AM PST
    You kno, im just sittin here thinkin 'bout this crazy thing we call 'Life". As for myself i found my 'groove' in the universe. Life is like an old worn vinyl record. Remember when you couldnt find the right groove for the needle back in the day  and all that come forth was alot of static noise and dis-harmony. I think I found my groove on that great big ol cosmic record and now that im in the niche and living this life ( i cant imagine living any other way) i was wondering...how many here have found their niche/groove in the universe? As you all see im bored waitin for the NY winter to thaw...lol
    P.S: And no, i havent been trippin in the mushroom patch out by the back of the house...lol
  • December 31, 2009 9:03 AM PST
    I hear ya.
  • December 31, 2009 9:13 AM PST
    I bounced around in the older days always feeling like I was missing something. Now that I am in this "lifestyle", I can't imagine living any other way.

Cold here in Tennessee but probably not as cold as NY. By the way, me and my old lady will be heading out to the mushroom patch later. Stay safe tonight.
    • 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 9:41 AM PST
    Lol. Thats cool! man, I miss those days when i got lost just trippin....damn, makes me miss my school days (daze) and my ol runnin partners. yeah, just keep on bein you. Its a trip man, never am i closer to God than when im gunnin the throttle and the wide open road yawns wide open in front of me. Peace to all brothers and sisters out there!
    • 1780 posts
    December 31, 2009 9:48 AM PST
    Sing Sing want a hell of a legal rush......put your mp3 on (or whatever plays tunes in your head) turn it up loud and find a wide open freeway. Now put on born to be wild by stepenwolf........now comes the rush.....get in the middle lane and close your eyes for as long as you can, just listen to the tunes.

Hell yea......that my friend is a rush

The Dragon
    • 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 9:54 AM PST
    Damn dragon, that sir is one dude out to lunch! ..lol thats ****** heavy dude! Serious! Man, i gotta buy u a cold one! Only thing is ..here in NYS theres one too many little ol blue haired ladies driving humvees..lol
    You're a 'real deal' kinda guy. we'd raise a storm out here in the apple, thats for sure...
    • 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 9:55 AM PST
    I was riding yesterday last night-around 17 degrees and listening to 'California Dreamin' and cruising. Another cool song is Motorcycle Cowboy by merle haggard. punch that one up on youtube and listen..
  • December 31, 2009 10:12 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    Sing Sing want a hell of a legal rush......put your mp3 on (or whatever plays tunes in your head) turn it up loud and find a wide open freeway. Now put on born to be wild by stepenwolf........now comes the rush.....get in the middle lane and close your eyes for as long as you can, just listen to the tunes.

Hell yea......that my friend is a rush

The Dragon

I knew there was a reason I get scared when I  ride in Texas   
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    December 31, 2009 10:22 AM PST
    I so agree about finding the path God set out for me.. Its my bike and the open rode.. Why did I wait so long to find this peace and freedom ?
    • 190 posts
    lol...that a good one wolf. Dragon's a good dude,though. just steer clear of him on saturday nite...lol
    • 190 posts
    Hey MJ..God bless you. everything has its time. this is just the right time for u...
    • 1780 posts
    January 1, 2010 1:13 AM PST
    Wolf if it makes you feel any better, I don't have that many moments that I feel I need that kind of rush, so come on to Texas, and I'll ride with ya........with my eye's open.

Night Dragon
    • 190 posts
    January 1, 2010 8:27 AM PST
    lol
  • g
    January 1, 2010 8:40 AM PST
    ive not said this on any other site so hear goes ,ive been in a load's of shit in the past and i had to find something to take me away from it all , my wife had a misscaridge ma dad diead was out of work for a bit me and the wife split for a bit and i was living on the streets ,and bikes was the awnser ,i past ma bike test 15 years ago had a few bike just for back n four to work ,but now im back to work and have been for the last 6 years ,me and wife are back together with our 11yr old daughter and things are good ,i think everyone needs something to call their own wither its a bike ,car ,dog we all need a hobby or an intrest of some sort ,and im just glad i got back on ma bike .
  • January 1, 2010 10:22 AM PST
    well, here goes. some years back i came home from work to find my wife and kids gone along with half of everything. reason being she wasn't happy, that i worked too much and was always gone working on the road. didn't take long to find myself making assprints in a barstool. to the point i was headfirst in a bottle. in that period of time, i blew out my lower back and had surgery to repair the injury. bad depression set in. a good friend and riding buddy who did and still belongs to a certain 12 steppin group cared enough to help me out, he was a patch holder in a club that was centered around sobriety. i got cleaned up, sobered up, found myself on the bike everywhere with these guys till i finally put on the patch. that was the beginning of a new life for me, started seeing my kids on a regular basis after about a year, regained the time i lost and became a father/dad again. made up for my wrongs with my then ex-wife and we are still trying to be friends. but through it all, the constant was the bike. i could jump on and blast down the highway and clear my head. "me time" it is my therapy, my love, my life. this is only a chapter in the book, but it all reads about the same. and over the years, there was always a bike of some sort when i was low. just stands to reason, i am where i belong
    • 467 posts
    January 1, 2010 11:01 AM PST
    I was born into this "lifestyle", but I did not really find my niche until I was 30 yrs old. His name is Clay. But through all of the crap that was my life before--I still had my bike and there is no truer statement than "You never see a bike parked in front of a psychiatrist's office"! Now, no matter what happens, my Hubby and my bike will always be there for me to clear my head.

"4 wheels may move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul"
    • 190 posts
    January 1, 2010 1:07 PM PST
    To both my guys 'G' and Bad...Thanks for giving it up and sharin,man, Those musta been really bad roads to go on but im glad you guys made it to the other side ok. Glad you got your families back too, thats more important than saddling and scootin up...God bless you dudes, be strong and good to sdee you guys here....
  • January 1, 2010 1:14 PM PST
    Started riding a "mini" bike just about as soon as I was walking.  Graduated to dirt bikes and by the time I was 11 my father was putting in front of him on his "Honda 350" which I proceded to "dump".  Oh, well, lessons learned.  Then I went on to my own bikes.  Absolutely love riding.  You can say I get off on it. So whether I chose the lifestyle or it chose me I can't say.  I've been riding all my life.
  • January 1, 2010 1:26 PM PST
    I was raised around the screamingeagles cycle club ,and it was my dream to be like my father and his friends,i thought it was so cool ,and i still do ,so i don't  think i matrued much!
    • 190 posts
    January 1, 2010 2:27 PM PST
    I've always wanted a motorcycle since I was a little boy, probably since I saw my dad's Harleys. Life takes its turns and has its complications, but I finally got one and love it. And yes, its very therapeutic.
  • January 1, 2010 5:40 PM PST
    I totally get what all of you are saying. I know this lifestyle chose me. And thank God it did. LIke most of you i had been around bikes most of my life. Never really paid that much attention to it. About 20 years ago I started hanging with some friends that rode and they showed me what true friends were. Then i screwed up my life and went in a different direction. Both good and bad. Finally grew up got married and when marriage started hitting the rocks my husband went and bought a bike without even tellng me. Thought it would bring us closer. It really made a mental difference for me. I remembered how good people are that are in our lifestyles. Didnt really help the marriage but thats okay. We are now the absolute best friends and ride together all the time. (Thats when i finally broke down and bought my very own) We have a large group of friends and a small group that we will never doubt that will be our brothers and sisters for life. So yes this lifestyle chose me. Twice. I thank God every day that it didnt give up on me or who knows where i would be. Give me the wide open roads, Straight or curvy. I can handle it as long as my knees is in the breeze and i know my biker family is always there and getting bigger and stronger by the day
    • 1509 posts
    January 1, 2010 6:07 PM PST
    If you mean $30,000.00 motorcycles, $1,000.00 leather caps & jacket, $200.00 SUNGLASSES, $150.00 GLOVES, ANN $200.00 BOOTS. do not want it never needed it can't understand it. the life style I evolved into is not what you call the biker life style. How many people can change points on the side of the road with a pack of matches and a screw driver, or does any one know what points are!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now days you just put the break down on the chase truck. If you can't fix it don't ride it. If you can't love it stay home and play Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 1780 posts
    January 1, 2010 11:51 PM PST
    I think this post has been a great one......For the family members (and I feel like everyone is becoming a family here) that was willing to share some of there darker days with the rest of us I say thank you and I take my hat off to you for having the courage to do so. It is obvious we all have that common link in our life, and that is our bikes and our friends.
    God's Speed to everyone

The Night Dragon
    • 19007 posts
    January 2, 2010 12:18 AM PST
    Shedsruty, I know what points are but haven't seen them since my Bonneville. That was one daily gotta fix something ride. This lifestyle I am living wasn't chosen it just evolved. Like some others have said, it is mostly the friends that keep me here. As I pondered this forum I realized that almost all of my true friends do ride and that I count very few true friends outside of this lifestyle. Sometimes the posers p**s me off but I try to live and let live and mostly avoid them.
    • 119 posts
    January 2, 2010 2:16 AM PST
    From the time I can remember I was riding a mini bike, trails, dirt too street. Even when I was young I watched those big bikes ride by with amazement. Yes, I was that little kid with his face pressed against the glass.
    It worried mom even teachers.
    I don’t know if I choose the lifestyle or if it pick me.
    The one thing I do know is the only time I’m at peace with the world is when I’m riding.
    Mom still worries.