Did you choose the 'Biker" lifestyle-or did the lifest

• January 4, 2010 9:18 AM PST
    shedsruty59.....That was awesome. Those acitvists had guts. Gotta give em credit for that. Bot Oh My!!!! That had me laughing so hard it was great. I agree secret hand shake.LOL
    • 190 posts
    January 4, 2010 9:37 AM PST
    SHRED...YOU ARE TRULY DA MAN! THAT WAS SOME HIGH HOLY FUNNY SHIT!!!! Damn, I almost pissed my pants!
    • 1780 posts
    January 5, 2010 12:07 AM PST
    srhed....hang on a second........one more second.....shit I can't stop laughing to write this. THAT was funny as hell. Thanks for making my day with that one.

The Night Dragon
    • 1161 posts
    January 24, 2012 2:02 PM PST
    Refresh
  • January 24, 2012 3:26 PM PST
    I didn't start riding till I was 50. I didn't know a soul who rode & decided one day I needed to get out & about & what a wonderful way to do it. No one was knocking on my door and I'm not a party girl so getting a bike seemed fun. I had skiied for 30+ years and was burnt out on that and needed to find something as much fun that you could do alone or with your friends.

Found out about the MSF class & bought myself an 05 V* 650 for my first bike. My very first ride out of the dealership was almost 300 miles. I bought the bike in Napa, Ca & lived in Truckee, CA. I had scoped out all the roads and found a nice mellow way to get home. Hell I bought the bike to ride so off I went.

I got my 05  Victory Kingpin in November, 05 after 15k on the V*. I also had the privelge of being part of Victory's True American Road Trip last year & got to ride a 2010 Cross Country. Put about 15k on that bike. I now am just shy of 150K on my beloved KP.

I think of myself as a riding enthusiast. I wear full gear 99.9% of the time. I think riding picked me. I have met some of the nicest folks & seen some of the coolest places since I started riding & got out of the house. My furthest in one shot trip was about 5k when I went from California to Ohio last Easter.(Toured the Victory Factory) Hooked up with a lot of other Victory riders along the way.

I have always ridden with lots of different folks on different kinds of bikes. Two Wheels Are Two Wheels!

More sMiles to all of us!!!

xoxoSyd aka Fishy
  • January 24, 2012 11:55 PM PST
    The "lifestyle" picked me. It was a form of maturing and growing up. When my Pop passed a few years back I lost a great person to bounce things off of. But then I suddenly realized he never told me what to do he just got me to realize what I already knew was the way to go. Great Father. The lifestyle fits into my "Journey" at it's the way to go.
  • January 25, 2012 1:33 AM PST
    I have been riding for 44 years. I started out in Europe, first bike, first license and have not gotten over the fact that two wheels make me smile. After 20 years in the military, 15 years at the Post Office, and a crap load of broken marriages and relationships, I can toss my ass on the scoot, take off, and all my troubles leave, if only for a short short. There simply is nothing to compare a good ride, in rain, snow, sleet, wind, scorching sun, whatever. It is all good, so I guess the lifestyle picked me. Lovin every freakin minute of it.

Ride it like ya stole it. 
    • 1855 posts
    January 25, 2012 1:46 AM PST
    I started riding when I was 16 but it wasn't serious business then. Struggling through H.S. was the thing then. But after Nam there were issues to deal with. There were people my age (20) who were, to me anyway, out of touch with the world. My world and theirs were destined to collide. So, I sought out and lived on the edge with those who felt the same way as I did about the so-called 'main stream'. I guess you could say there was no "choosing" involved. It was all about mental health to me. I may still be a little crazy after 46 years but I'm able to pick and choose where the looney tune starts and ends. Riding is an even keel.

Peace
    • 658 posts
    January 25, 2012 9:36 AM PST
    My Grandpa and my Dad would tell stories of them having the family motorcycle and side car instead a car during the depression. It wasn't until the (9th) kid was born did they get a car to ride in.  When I was a kid, It was the sound of a dirt bike for me at 13. Then it was a speed of a 380 Suzuki at 16. Had the world by the tail then. Became "Responsible" when I had kids to raise. Worked all the time and gave myself a stress induced stroke at 43 with full recovery. Company folded and lost my retirement 2 years later. The doctors I worked with said I needed to reduce the amount of stress in my life. So I went back to school and up graded from Volunteer FF/EMT-Basic to Paid EMT-Paramedic and wish I had been doing this the whole time. Now, That I've starting riding again there is no stress in my life. So I guess I ran away from the life style and "it" snuck up and grabed me again. Or, it never really went anywhere but deep in my heart.  Sure glad it came back out!!!!

Medic
  • January 25, 2012 4:53 PM PST
    Seems to me my family has always had motorcycles and it's really the only thing I care about doing... some people have golf, other have hunting and fishing and boating... for me it's a bike. When the weather gets really bad the bikes end up in the house and if the ol' lady don't like it, that's her problem. I choose to ride but it's really the only circle I feel comfortable in. So I guess I'm one of the chosen ones! LOL
  • January 25, 2012 9:05 PM PST
    My uncle used to toss me up onto his tank when I was 3, it started a life long love. I don't know whether it chose me or I chose it...either way, I think it was fate.
  • January 26, 2012 5:25 AM PST
    I was raised at a VERY young age to hold onto the gas cap!:-)
  • January 27, 2012 7:16 AM PST
    It picked me, picked me, picked me...
  • January 27, 2012 8:06 AM PST
    I believe my first ride on a motorcycle was when I was 6 months old, held up and cruised around town by gramps. I grew up in an interesting little town with many different subcultures though it looked like Mayberry. I was surrounded by riders in the family gramps, dad, unckles, cousins so it wasn't odd to be out riding with them. Then well I grew up and wanted my own they laughed at me however the boyfriend at the time who rode didn't laugh. He gave me the lowdown and off I went. He being a patch holder I didn't ride too often only when he was too drunk which ended up being more than the norm than not. Though I out grew him I didn't out grow the love of his 77 cafe' racer, so I set out to buy me one of them there HDs. I don't think there has ever been a man in my life with out a bike or knowledge of, and really I can't remember if I drove first or rode first. So I be thinking this has always been this way. have agreat one "T"
  • January 27, 2012 9:13 AM PST
    I'd have to go with it picked me.
    • 1 posts
    January 28, 2012 12:50 PM PST
    When I was a little girl I would watch the motorcycles race up the street I lived on... I knew then that I was going to do that...So I guess I picked it.
  • January 28, 2012 1:10 PM PST
    Always was a boater.......wind in the face so guess it was meant to be!
  • February 3, 2012 2:25 PM PST
    My first memory of existence on the planet was me throwing my leg over a plastic orange push motorcycle. I was just under 3 years old my parents say. Been on bikes from that day on.
  • February 4, 2012 5:58 AM PST
    Born with an adventurous spirit screaming to get out to experience life fully on a daily basis, my 'fix' has had a hold on me since I could remember ............. even more euphoric from a biker's seat!!! Loved seeing bikers on the road when my dad use to take us on our 'budget' vacations, he loved to explore so couldn't wait to ride and to own my own bike (s) ~ Now at 51 (52 next month, YAY!), state of mind is "I have more years behind me than ahead of me so RIDE!" ~ WOOOHOO!!
    • 2 posts
    February 4, 2012 8:26 AM PST
    If I "choose the 'Biker" lifestyle" do I have to wear a**less chaps?

I think I would look great in them & they would probably turn on the wife but I promised my mother I never would.
  • February 4, 2012 9:46 AM PST
    been around bikes and riding as long as i can remember.