lone wolf?

• 823 posts
    April 18, 2012 7:46 PM PDT
    All my life I have been ignored.  For what ever reason and no matter what I have done or been involved in.  Not that I look for attention or crave it, I do not. Actually I am the opposite of that. Everyone has always told me I need to be more outgoing. I have never "fit in" completely.  Rode bulls and rode bikes but usually either alone or with a couple of friends. Got along with people , yes, but fit in, no, not really.  I Post on here and it is like I don't exist.  If someone does post on one of my post they take over the post.  I have had a very full life with  all kinds of experiences.  Most I would love to share, some I can't share.  I signed up here to make friends and maybe actually ride with someone for at least awhile.  I guess I am destined to ride alone.  I am ok with that.........  Guess I am  a lone wolf for sure.
    • 1 posts
    April 18, 2012 9:38 PM PDT
    hey dude you can't force it...you are welcome to join me in a ride around the states...I'll be in pa...July 2..and then taking off from there...where are you at?...if thats too far come to sturgisthis yr..I'll be there and so will alot of others...plenty of fish to meet lol...
  • April 18, 2012 11:14 PM PDT
    Well, can't ignore that. Bring it on, Guero - tell us about your favorite trip - place to go, whatever. We're listening. I like to ride solo from time to time - last year I found the most back-country roads looping from GA up into SC and back - got stopped for no helmet after crossing a narrow bridge because the local Sheriff was out mowing his lawn and saw me.
  • April 19, 2012 12:47 AM PDT
    I feel your pain, but just think about people that have no privacy. Your a lucky man! Besides motorcycles are suppose to be solo.
  • April 19, 2012 2:01 AM PDT
    Guero ~ It takes all kinds! And every kind has its place! Embrace who you are and the Aura that is you! Don't force a path that isn't yours to take brother! I'm the same way, by nature a solitary creature and people are not naturally drawn to me. I would be a liar if I said it didn't bother me lol at times.
    Did you ever hear the expression that the squeeky wheel gets the oil? Same is true with us...People who are social by nature draw people to them faster and in larger masses...
    • 80 posts
    April 19, 2012 2:10 AM PDT
    Guero wrote...
    All my life I have been ignored.  For what ever reason and no matter what I have done or been involved in.  Not that I look for attention or crave it, I do not. Actually I am the opposite of that. Everyone has always told me I need to be more outgoing. I have never "fit in" completely.  Rode bulls and rode bikes but usually either alone or with a couple of friends. Got along with people , yes, but fit in, no, not really.  I Post on here and it is like I don't exist.  If someone does post on one of my post they take over the post.  I have had a very full life with  all kinds of experiences.  Most I would love to share, some I can't share.  I signed up here to make friends and maybe actually ride with someone for at least awhile.  I guess I am destined to ride alone.  I am ok with that.........  Guess I am  a lone wolf for sure.

Guero,  I understand your post very clearly.  My life experiences that most influence me are those of a 12 year M/C patch holder and 26 years of Naval submarine service.  The combination of the two lifestyles make for a strange individual.  I don't have many acquaintances to ride with on the road.  I can only reciprocate a true trust and loyalty to those that extend the same to me with proven actions.  I place others for how they act and think.  I am secure in my standards and actions.  In reading your posts on various subjects, I think we would make good road partners.  We are separated by many a mile, but if I get out your way I would very much like to tip a few beers and ride some miles together. 
  • April 19, 2012 2:11 AM PDT
    I would have to say that I'm in the same boat, do most of my riding alone. I was out of it for years (raising kids) and most the old crew has moved on as well. Having said that, I truly enjoy my time on the bike alone, clears my head like nothing else. If I want to go hear a band, I do, if I'm bored at a bar, I go twist the wick awhile. What I don't do is putt from the house to the nearest watering hole and spend all my time there.
    • 9 posts
    April 19, 2012 2:23 AM PDT

Guero...dude...I'm sorry you feel so alone.  Or that your posts have been "taken over".  We do have an enthusiastic bunch of folks here, who for the most part, only want to express their similar experiences.  And sometimes someone's post, will start a thread, that everyone WANTS to post on!  Take that as a compliment man, cause your stuff is good.  As for the ridin' part, I'd give just about anything to be able to ride at all, right now.  I've been without a bike for a while, and everytime I'm out and about, and seein' all the bikes, I jones, like there's no tomorrow.  I used to LOVE to ride alone.  That was my communion time with my maker.  Don't get me wrong, I love ridin' with friends, and all, BUT the best times for me was when I was one with God, the Harley, and nature.  (ok, enuf about my spirituality...) 
    Anyways...please never think that no one give's a rat's azz about you, cause that just ain't true, brother.  We ALL want to meet up and ride together.  Sometimes...LIFE, just get's in the way.  EH?  AND...YOU gotta tell people, what YOUR lookin' for, ya know?  Cause, much as I'D like to think so, mind readin', ain't really my gig. LMAO 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 823 posts
    April 19, 2012 4:26 AM PDT
    Don't get me wrong. Guess I just needed to vent a little. I think only a few of you understand where I am coming from. I don't want to travel in a crowd all the time or be in a club. I enjoy hanging out with other people. I enjoy riding and 99.9% of my rides have been just me. Anyone that knows me at all can tell you that you never have to read my mind, I have no problem speaking it. I am brutally honest when it comes to that. My daughter tells everyone "If you don't want to know then don't ask 'cause he ain't gonna sugarcoat it" lol. I don't have friends that I see often. Most of the people I hung with back when are dead or moved away and lost contact. It would be nice to make some friends on here, to meet here and there, share stories over a beer, ride a few miles. I posted my May trip plan on here thinking I might get some response. I thought it was a good route and surely make a few friends along the way. I guess maybe there just aren't many members in NM, Eastern AZ, SW Colorado??? Maybe the weather here is too nice to get on the internet, lol. Seems to be quite a few people on here from California and Florida so I kinda doubt that is the reason. Anyway, I was just ranting, hope I didn't offend anyone and if I did, well, get over it! lol Life is too short to keep your panties in a wad.
  • April 19, 2012 6:48 AM PDT
    Rant and rave all u want. We could be 2 peas in a pod, separated by 1200 miles. If u ever get up this way, please let me know and we will get together. Hope to see a bunch of cyclefishes at Sturgis this year. P.S. Maybe Lucky will send us all patches to distinguish ourselves.
    • 823 posts
    April 19, 2012 6:53 AM PDT
    I hope to make Sturgis next year, spending all my money on my bike this year!
  • April 19, 2012 7:03 AM PDT
    I hope to still be here and will be waiting to hear from u then.
  • April 19, 2012 9:28 AM PDT
    Dude...You would be welcome over here ANY time...in fact...ANY of you would, and I would make sure that you saw everything you wanted to see, and go places you want to go to...and of course, Beer, B/S, Bikes and did I mention Beer?  (I mean REAL Beer...lol...not that cold fizzy yellow stuff you drink over there!!!)

Now dont get me wrong, I have found some good 'brown' beer in USA...lol...micro-breweries do a good job! Especially in San Diego, CA.....

A brewery there does a beer called "Arrogant Bastard Ale", I Like THAT Stuff!!!!!
    (I even wear a long sleeve t-shirt from them...lol...)
    • 3006 posts
    April 19, 2012 11:23 AM PDT
    Dont ever think that your alone or no one cares here,there are a lot of decent folks here,n you can see that by the response's this post has. If your travels ever bring you out my way,I can assure you that I would be more than willing to take you to some kool local dive biker bars we have tucked away all over the bay area.Or just show ya around.We have some great places to see out here.
    I agree its frustrating to have a post taken ovr (lucky) not naming names,(lucky) here yet just fire back as rapidly as possible n run for cover when the bs starts flying too thick LOLsome posters dont have a clue (lucky) like I said just dont call them out by name(lucky) or it will only make them more of PIA (lucky) roflmao !!!
    • 2 posts
    April 19, 2012 11:38 AM PDT
    Could be my biography, sortt’a anyway & oh yeh, tried my hand a broncs not bulls

Easier to explain in my case.

1.    I like to ride towards abandoned things, farms, mines, factories, the swale that 150 years ago was a canal – Not many people interested in looking at a hole in the ground

2.    Like socializing a lot but a “Bike Week” – A Bike Day would be cool but a not a week in a haze!

Might have started early in my working life. – It hurt a lot to fire or disciple people I considered friends so avoided making friends at work.

Suppose am “outgoing” enough. – Little Mother says I am a “control freak”. Not really but if nobody else will take charge I will

Posting here is about as much of a social life as I have. – Joined the Legion Riders just in time for all the officers to resign, ended up an officer in advance of knowing anybodies name.

If you are ever in NY or PA wend a P.M. – Word of honor if I am ever in NM will do the same (and you have no idea how much I want to be in NM)

• 823 posts
    April 19, 2012 11:53 AM PDT
    I will be in NY for a few days during Christmas, lol. My son lives in queens. Works in the city. I don't think I will go on my bike though. A bit to far north in December for my desert blood! I would like to eventually travel the whole country. I have ridden bikes all my life. In my younger days I traveled TX, OK, NM and CO quite a bit. Want to see it all on two wheels. Sturgis next year will be a good start. Always wanted to go to California and drive the coast too............... If you decide to come to NM, let me know and we can make some plans.
  • April 19, 2012 12:41 PM PDT
    Guero, you make up to colorado, let me know, I ride every chance I get, and always looking for new friends to ride with brutha!
  • April 19, 2012 12:42 PM PDT
    Jetman wrote...
    Dude...You would be welcome over here ANY time...in fact...ANY of you would, and I would make sure that you saw everything you wanted to see, and go places you want to go to...and of course, Beer, B/S, Bikes and did I mention Beer?  (I mean REAL Beer...lol...not that cold fizzy yellow stuff you drink over there!!!)

Now dont get me wrong, I have found some good 'brown' beer in USA...lol...micro-breweries do a good job! Especially in San Diego, CA.....

A brewery there does a beer called "Arrogant Bastard Ale", I Like THAT Stuff!!!!!
    (I even wear a long sleeve t-shirt from them...lol...)

Ahh man, you need to come to Denver man, we have more micro brews per capita then any place in the nation. Yeah they brew coors here, but theres a re reason us coloradoans dont drink that crap. You make it this way, I will take you to some awesome breweries!
    • 823 posts
    April 19, 2012 12:56 PM PDT
    I love brew pubs. Been to Telluride, they have a good variety there!
    • 823 posts
    April 19, 2012 12:59 PM PDT
    RNP8000 wrote...
    Guero, you make up to colorado, let me know, I ride every chance I get, and always looking for new friends to ride with brutha!

I will be running through Durango and Pagosa on my way to Red River Rally Memorial Day.  Probably be in Colorado a day or two before the weekend.

• 1 posts
    April 19, 2012 1:00 PM PDT
    did I mention Beer? (I mean REAL Beer...lol...not that cold fizzy yellow stuff you drink over there!!!).....thats laughable mate...room temperature beer....might as well add some porridge to it....beer was always meant to be served cold. You pommies outa just walk outside in winter and drink it there...then you'd know. i like ice cold beer anyday or night of any week...even in snow conditions...ar yes conditioning....today's friday Jet..time for your bath mate!

• 1 posts
    April 19, 2012 1:01 PM PDT
    Guero...sorry for stealin ya thunder mate...turnin the reins back to ya...
  • April 19, 2012 1:07 PM PDT
    Guero wrote...
    RNP8000 wrote...

I will be running through Durango and Pagosa on my way to Red River Rally Memorial Day.  Probably be in Colorado a day or two before the weekend.

Cool, I will be out and about on the bike, let me know.
    • 823 posts
    April 19, 2012 1:14 PM PDT
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    Guero...sorry for stealin ya thunder mate...turnin the reins back to ya...

It's all good Jonesy,  I like a good cold beer myself and not that weak horse piss most drink here.  Shiner Bock is good or Guinness Draft. I drink a Mich ultra occasionally.  I mostly just stick to the Jack Daniels anymore.

• April 19, 2012 1:16 PM PDT
    Dude I'm alone all the time. It's been that way for a very long time, yeah I got friends we babble on the phone or we spend a weekend together once or twice a year. Other than that its just me...........after 17 years my ex just said ya got 3 days to get out, I got a woman that is in to me and loves me spending money on her......no dah right, so I left. I have flown and done more in those 7 years than most people can imagine, Sometimes my life was very full some times quiet, most the time lonely. I've done good for myself, and don't give one rats ass what anyone thinks about me I come from the old world school of shake a hand make a deal and see it thru. There aren't many of us left, and we are by far better off alone, then surrounded by bullshiters..............I know I've lived the life, and some amazing people aroundme let me know that too.
    Most my posts and blogs are ignored and I've gotten messages saying your full of shit, there's no way that would ever happen, yeah right like you been riding for 24 years,,,,,,,,,whatever man believe what ya will or not, for I am who I am and I'm guessing your who you are and that my friend is freaking awesome!