NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

• 5420 posts
    August 13, 2012 8:31 AM PDT
    Oh, nothing against women race car drivers, I think that's great.  I would make fun of any sponsor who kept a driver that crashed that much

As for Danica... if GoDaddy is going to keep paying you big bucks to wreck their cars, you go for it girl 

• 16825 posts
    August 13, 2012 4:18 PM PDT
    GoDaddy is getting a bank for their buck, Danica never made a whole lap, but they interviewed her plenty all weekend.
    Her and her car owner are money in the bank no matter how they do.

Hamlin has been a top driver his whole time in "Cup", the only time they showed his car after the race started was after he caught fire.

• August 20, 2012 1:19 AM PDT
    Sure am glad we're not building valve springs for Hendrick anymore, of course after yesterday we may building them again, what about Martins crash 2' forward and he might not be with us, that was luck right there. It was a good race alot of action for Michigan, now onto Bristol
  • August 20, 2012 1:46 AM PDT
    I wish I could bring my show there, I could be doing a bit part show in between track clearings...lol...
    • 16825 posts
    August 20, 2012 3:54 AM PDT
    Bradzoo wrote...
    Sure am glad we're not building valve springs for Hendrick anymore, of course after yesterday we may building them again, what about Martins crash 2' forward and he might not be with us, that was luck right there. It was a good race alot of action for Michigan, now onto Bristol

When Martin slid into  the pit wall I thought he had it.

• 5420 posts
    August 20, 2012 5:05 AM PDT
    Yeah, that was a scary crash to say the least. Just a few more feet and that wall would have been right at the drivers door. I think we'll see some changes to that real soon!
    • 16825 posts
    August 20, 2012 1:21 PM PDT
    Like when Jeff Gordon hitting that infield opening head-on a few years ago.
  • August 21, 2012 6:53 AM PDT
    For those of you that like racing and dirt track racing at it's best, particularly open wheel racing, we have just announced the Turkey Grand Prix preivously held at Toyata Speedway at Irwindale (asphalt) will now return to it's roots on the dirt at Perris Auto Speedway Thanksgiving night. Midgets (not the little people folks) from all across the country will be competing in one of the most prestigious races in the nation. Maybe see some talented big time racers will show up here in So. Cal at the finest clay oval on the West Coast.

If you like a little more horsepower (850 to 900 hp) we also host the Budweiser Oval Nationals at the PAS too. It's a USAC/CRA National and Western 410 non wing points race where you can watch the best in the business sling some mud. 2 day race the first weekend in Nov.

If Stock cars are your liking we are also having the 1st Annual Street Stock Turkey Bowl on Friday and Sat. following the Thanksgiving. Cars from the Western United States will be battling on the track for the $22,000.00+ purse. I will be a very busy lady for that weekend as I am also a competitor in this event as well as the infield announcer/pit reporter.

You can get information at www.perrisautospeedway.com
    • 5420 posts
    August 25, 2012 2:50 PM PDT
    Good race going on at Bristol right now.

And damn, Danica almost finished. Made it all the way to lap 434 !!!
    • 5420 posts
    August 25, 2012 3:07 PM PDT
    Hey John - Your boy Won!!!
    • 16825 posts
    August 25, 2012 4:36 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Hey John - Your boy Won!!!

YES!

• 5420 posts
    August 27, 2012 5:47 AM PDT
    Well that moved Denny up to #8 and less than 100 laps of the leader. A couple more wins and some good finishes gives him a good chance!
    • 16825 posts
    August 27, 2012 7:06 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Well that moved Denny up to #8 and less than 100 laps of the leader. A couple more wins and some good finishes gives him a good chance!

I'm thinking Hamlin and Grubb have their game on.

• 5420 posts
    September 11, 2012 3:17 AM PDT
    Hey John, see your boy Denny sitting at the top of the points!!! The boy is having himself a year. Even when he doesn't win he drives a good consistent race and I'm thinking he's got a shot to finish on top!
    • 16825 posts
    September 11, 2012 4:17 AM PDT
    I'm hoping so my friend.
    Bad calls cost him 3 wins this season, I hope this gets out of their system quick.
    It would be way cool for Grubb to have back to back championships with 2 different drivers. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    September 13, 2012 5:43 AM PDT
    Well he should do well up in Chicago this weekend. A 1.5 mile oval suites him just fine so I am sure he should have another top 5 finish.

Vegas has him as second in the odds...

JIMMIE JOHNSON 9/4
    DENNY HAMLIN 9/2
    DALE EARNHARDT JR 8/1
    JEFF GORDON 9/1
    KASEY KAHNE 10/1
    BRAD KESELOWSKI 10/1
    TONY STEWART 10/1
    GREG BIFFLE 12/1
    MATT KENSETH 12/1
    KYLE BUSCH 14/1
    • 16825 posts
    September 13, 2012 3:57 PM PDT
    Maybe he'll win 5 chase races like Stewart did last year. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    September 24, 2012 11:45 AM PDT
    Damn John, Denny is just having a GREAT year!!! Little setback in Richmond and Chicago but right back in Loudon to show he ain't going nowhere.

What a chase with 12 drivers within 45 points of the top and 8 races to go. And what a list of drivers! Got a feeling it might go all the way down to Homestead!

1 Jimmie Johnson
    2 Brad Keselowski -1
    3 Denny Hamlin -7
    4 Tony Stewart -10
    5 Kasey Kahne -15
    6 Clint Bowyer -15
    7 Dale Earnhardt Jr. -26
    8 Kevin Harvick -31
    9 Greg Biffle -33
    10 Martin Truex Jr. -34
    11 Matt Kenseth -35
    12 Jeff Gordon -45
    • 16825 posts
    September 24, 2012 1:59 PM PDT
    Lucky I held my breath on the final lap. :-)
    • 1 posts
    September 24, 2012 4:22 PM PDT
    I think its laughable...everyone going the same way and all left turns...I wonder what all the fuss is about...hairpins, hills gullies and dirty long straights, right turns and a track that is only 2 and half car widths wide, now thats what I call racing.
    • 5420 posts
    September 27, 2012 5:23 AM PDT
    Back to a big track at Talladega this weekend. Should be another great race.

So far they have JJ as the favorite with Denny as a close second... I think I would give JR better than 15/1 odds, he has been driving pretty consistent recently.

JIMMIE JOHNSON 7/4
    DENNY HAMLIN 7/2
    BRAD KESELOWSKI 9/2
    TONY STEWART 13/2
    KASEY KAHNE 10/1
    CLINT BOWYER 10/1
    DALE EARNHARDT JR 15/1
    JEFF GORDON 20/1
    KEVIN HARVICK 28/1
    GREG BIFFLE 30/1
    • 16825 posts
    September 27, 2012 6:22 AM PDT
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    I think its laughable...everyone going the same way and all left turns...I wonder what all the fuss is about...hairpins, hills gullies and dirty long straights, right turns and a track that is only 2 and half car widths wide, now thats what I call racing.

Must be why your big V-8 series star Marcus Ambrose has done less than stellar in our simple NASCAR series.

• 16825 posts
    September 27, 2012 6:25 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Back to a big track at Talladega this weekend. Should be another great race.

So far they have JJ as the favorite with Denny as a close second... I think I would give JR better than 15/1 odds, he has been driving pretty consistent recently.

JIMMIE JOHNSON 7/4
    DENNY HAMLIN 7/2
    BRAD KESELOWSKI 9/2
    TONY STEWART 13/2
    KASEY KAHNE 10/1
    CLINT BOWYER 10/1
    DALE EARNHARDT JR 15/1
    JEFF GORDON 20/1
    KEVIN HARVICK 28/1
    GREG BIFFLE 30/1

I get nervous when Denny is favoured.

• 5420 posts
    October 1, 2012 4:22 AM PDT
    oops, guess I got excited about Taladega and skipped right over Dover - those odds were for the Dover race yesterday. Realized that when I started watching the race - knew something didn't look right
    • 844 posts
    October 1, 2012 2:14 PM PDT
    That's okay Lucky, I used to loose entire weeks myself

I do love Taladega racing though. Looking forward to Sunday!