What's the Dumbest Thing You Have Done Lately

• 1780 posts
    March 24, 2010 3:05 AM PDT
    Dyna wrote...
    To make matters worse, the cop who was sitting in the driver's seat lives in my village! He is not going to let me forget it either!

I would hate to go drink for drink with you and RoRy.......hell I would be face down in my soup before you knew it. So if I ever get the chance to see your land, please let me know it I had a good time.
    Dragon
    • 513 posts
    March 24, 2010 3:56 AM PDT
    We don't do it too often but when a session gets going out of the blue, they are usually the best ones.
  • March 24, 2010 9:34 AM PDT
    Went for a ride yesterday and pulled over by the Breathalyzer cops. Now I have not had to blow into one of those things in years. He told me to count to 5. I blew into the mike I asked wheres the tube. He cracked up and waved me through.
  • March 24, 2010 9:41 AM PDT
    I need to remember some of these for a time of need or self preservation. If I needed them though I probably couldn't even read them..
    • 2 posts
    March 24, 2010 1:38 PM PDT
    Dyna wrote...
    The week-end before St.Patrick's day  . . . we were very, very drunk and when we were on the way home I opened the rear door of what I thought was a taxi but it turn out to be a cop car!  . . . . . It was not til I got out that I realized that it was a police car! DOH!

You win!
    • 513 posts
    March 24, 2010 8:19 PM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Dyna wrote...
    The week-end before St.Patrick's day  . . . we were very, very drunk and when we were on the way home I opened the rear door of what I thought was a taxi but it turn out to be a cop car!  . . . . . It was not til I got out that I realized that it was a police car! DOH!

You win!

I have a friend that we call donkey, he always starts his stories with "maybe I should not tell you this but...." . Now this guy is a legend when it come to doing daft things and always in a spectacularly public way. Now he would win hands down, the only problem is, his stories are usually of a type that could not be repeated here.

Another bloke I know came out of a shopping mall having lost his keys, he thought he locked them in his old car, so after failing to get the door unlocked with a coat hanger he simply gritted his teeth and broke the passenger side window only to see two security people coming toward him.
    After a bit of shouting and finger pointing and macho crap, he discovered that it was not his car. His keys were in fact locked in his car but his car was on the other side of the car park!
    • 5420 posts
    September 21, 2010 10:27 AM PDT
    Ok, have to post another for HDBeech, only because see opened the door with her "I didn't do it comment".

We have this big jar of chocolate covered almonds, you know the big plasic jars with the screw on lid you get at Costco.  Well since we both love them we have been messing with each other and hiding them.  Today I decided to have fish sticks for lunch.  Step 1 of the directions is to pre-heat the oven to 425°...guess where the last place she hid the almonds was.

From this point on HDBeech will now be known as Dumb Beech!!!
  • September 21, 2010 11:06 AM PDT
    Now that's funny. Thank god it didn't start a fire, or HDBeech might be know as Dead Beech
    • 580 posts
    September 21, 2010 11:08 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Ok, have to post another for HDBeech, only because see opened the door with her "I didn't do it comment".

We have this big jar of chocolate covered almonds, you know the big plasic jars with the screw on lid you get at Costco.  Well since we both love them we have been messing with each other and hiding them.  Today I decided to have fish sticks for lunch.  Step 1 of the directions is to pre-heat the oven to 425°...guess where the last place she hid the almonds was.

Chocolate, almonds and plastic - lovely combination I'm sure  - ROFL 
  • September 21, 2010 11:37 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

Did they go good with tartar sauce??? YUCK! 

• 1066 posts
    September 21, 2010 12:23 PM PDT
    Soooo, Laura, are you still hiding things in the oven ? Ha,Ha Ha
    • 1161 posts
    September 21, 2010 12:37 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

Well this means two things 
    1.  Dont put crap in the oven that won't last.
    2.  Time to go back to the store and get two more of them one for each of you...
    • 844 posts
    September 22, 2010 5:51 AM PDT
    What's the problem, they look like they can still be eaten!!! Good thing she wasn't hiding fireworks!
  • September 22, 2010 6:55 AM PDT
    I was screwing a piece of drywall onto the wall last saturday while remodeling my den, i was having trouble with one of the screws and i thought to myself oh it must be a knot in the wood, well not really, it was actually my coldwater pipe that feeds the kitchen sink. Well i quickly had to become an emergency plumber damn. Oh btw did i mention that i hung drywall for a living for 12 years and never once did this .My wife had that look on her face like she wanted to laugh but knew better haha..
    • 580 posts
    September 22, 2010 8:14 AM PDT

Similar to Wheels  - I was putting a dinner bell up in the kitchen (use it to sound dinners ready rather than shouting all round the house) and thought the best place for it was at the side of the kitchen door above the light switch!!!

Yup - you guessed it - straight into the wire and it had to be replaced. 

Not yet lived that one down

• 352 posts
    September 22, 2010 11:18 AM PDT
    lol - my list is way to long...I do dumb things all the time - hell I have a sticker on my helmet that says " If I learned from my mistakes, I'd be a f##king genius"
    • 2072 posts
    September 22, 2010 3:09 PM PDT
    Sat on my brand new iPhone over the weekend and BROKE it !!!!! Thank God I kept my old Palm Centro for a back-up !!!!!!
  • September 22, 2010 3:39 PM PDT
    where would i start?
    • 580 posts
    September 22, 2010 8:45 PM PDT
    where would i start?

Does it mean you've only been a bad influence 1968 times and a good one the rest of the time    lol
    • 580 posts
    September 22, 2010 8:46 PM PDT
    where would i start?

Does it mean you've only been a bad influence 1968 times and a good one the rest of the time    lol
    • 277 posts
    September 23, 2010 3:47 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...

No more hiding things in the oven!  Now they go in the microwave.....

• September 23, 2010 6:54 AM PDT
    Forgot to unlock my forks before taking off. Not a good outcome.
    • 580 posts
    September 23, 2010 7:58 AM PDT
    HDBeech wrote...
    Hollywood wrote...

No more hiding things in the oven!  Now they go in the microwave.....

Oops - think we might all know where to find the choccies HDBeech - so they won't last very long I'm afraid (o:

• 1516 posts
    September 23, 2010 8:17 AM PDT
    and he said, "From this point on HDBeech will now be known as Dumb Beech!!!"

and for those of us that have been around you.. clarify.. "From this point on!"
    • 5420 posts
    November 11, 2010 5:14 AM PST
    Ok, I'm an idiot.  I have some business to take care of at the Riverside County Courthouse which is an hour drive from the house.  So after I got done posting a few notes thanking our Veterans on this Veterans Day, I drove all the way out to the courthouse.  Guess what... Today is Verterans Day!!!