What's the Dumbest Thing You Have Done Lately

• 834 posts
    November 11, 2010 6:00 AM PST
    Good one Lucky. Now that you are back at home, go outside and wait for the mailman!
    • 1516 posts
    November 11, 2010 7:33 AM PST
    Oh boy Lucky!! Sometimes you just have to carefully listen to the words!!
    • 19046 posts
    November 11, 2010 8:34 AM PST
    WOW Dyna, Where the heck was I that I missed your taxi ride post. That is one of the best I have heard. Now for mine...
    Last summer I was on a day ride on very familiar roads. A good place for a pee brake and refuel is a service station I always stop at when out that way. They actually have a cigar humidor with good cigars. So into the men's room I go and make the usual left turn to the urinal and somebody stole the urinals. I mean they were not there, they even patched the walls where they were mounted. Now I am thinking "who the hell took the urinals out of the men's room?" OK so a few seconds go by and I hear a flush report coming from one of the stalls. It hit me, ya dumb ass, yer in the feckin Ladies room! Yes I made it out before being caught. Whew!
  • November 11, 2010 4:16 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Ok, I'm an idiot.  I have some business to take care of at the Riverside County Courthouse which is an hour drive from the house.  So after I got done posting a few notes thanking our Veterans on this Veterans Day, I drove all the way out to the courthouse.  Guess what... Today is Verterans Day!!!

Thanks a bunch Lucky,  Me and a few buddies of mine were out in the garage celebrating Veterans day, when I showed them your post,  we all had a big laugh, thanks brother you put big smiles on all of our faces.  Terry         
  • November 12, 2010 12:56 AM PST
    This WAS dumb.....Last week I was riding my V-Star on I-5 south when I pulled off to the side to change gloves ( Warmer Gloves ) Well when I was merging back into traffic my bike started to shake n vibrate really bad so I pulled off again to see WTH was going on, after an inspection I found nothing wrong so I started to merge on the I-5 again and it happened again, so I pulled off again and did another inspection, well this happened two more times so just about the time I decided to call a tow truck I realized it was the graded strip that causes vibrations for sleepy drifting drivers....DOPE!!!! Man I felt STUPID!!!l lol...
    RandyJoe...Ride Strong...and Umm Smart?

• 5420 posts
    November 12, 2010 2:46 AM PST
    You would felt even dumber when the same vibration happened as you rode off in the tow truck!
    • 1364 posts
    November 12, 2010 2:50 AM PST
    RandyJoe wrote...
    This WAS dumb.....Last week I was riding my V-Star on I-5 south when I pulled off to the side to change gloves ( Warmer Gloves ) Well when I was merging back into traffic my bike started to shake n vibrate really bad so I pulled off again to see WTH was going on, after an inspection I found nothing wrong so I started to merge on the I-5 again and it happened again, so I pulled off again and did another inspection, well this happened two more times so just about the time I decided to call a tow truck I realized it was the graded strip that causes vibrations for sleepy drifting drivers....DOPE!!!! Man I felt STUPID!!!l lol...
    RandyJoe...Ride Strong...and Umm Smart?

LOL, OMG !!!!! Thank you RandyJoe you just made my day.......

• 1364 posts
    November 12, 2010 2:51 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Ok, I'm an idiot.  I have some business to take care of at the Riverside County Courthouse which is an hour drive from the house.  So after I got done posting a few notes thanking our Veterans on this Veterans Day, I drove all the way out to the courthouse.  Guess what... Today is Verterans Day!!!

THats ok Lucky, I checked the mail yesterday.................................................................................. TWICE !!!!!!!!!

• 846 posts
    November 12, 2010 5:23 AM PST
    Well I felt like a dope last night. After remembering all day and reading Lucky’s posting on Veteran’s Day. What was the first think I did last night when I got home? You guessed it checked the mail box for mail and was shaken for a moment when there wasn’t any. Then it hit me you a$$ Chaz its Veteran’s day.
    Oh well today’s a new day and new dump a$$ thing to do.
  • November 12, 2010 5:25 AM PST
    I design and build custom vacuum and cmpressor systems for a company that lowered my commissions and changed the payment terms without informing me last year. Still haven't been paid in full for the job I did in Phoenix last December. Just got another big system, ordered all the parts, then yesterday told boss to give me a raise, pay my commissions in full when job is complete, and an extra $2000 for good faith or I quit and they could figure out how to build. Did this without another job lined out. Wife almost had heart attack. Update: Boss caved in, met my demands and I got a nice raise today. It was a gamble that paid off, but could have easily went the other way.
    • 2 posts
    November 15, 2010 12:27 AM PST
    Right turn signal on Ulysses stops working.

Tear into the electrical system & soon all the lights stop working. Spend 2 great days in the garage tracing the electrical system. - On the advice of someone else check the "Accessory" fuse, sure enough blown. Replace fuse. Everything works.

Made a 2 minute job last 2 days.
    • 580 posts
    November 16, 2010 1:50 AM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Right turn signal on Ulysses stops working.

Tear into the electrical system & soon all the lights stop working. Spend 2 great days in the garage tracing the electrical system. - On the advice of someone else check the "Accessory" fuse, sure enough blown. Replace fuse. Everything works.

Made a 2 minute job last 2 days.

Oops
    • 1780 posts
    November 16, 2010 1:25 PM PST
    Had to go to the dentist today...well I fell asleep in the waiting room, and one of my legs went to sleep. I hate it when that happens. When they called my name I jumped up on one good leg, and one leg made of rubber. Of course I fell on my ass and as I was going down I grabed the curtin to help me out, and almost pulled the curtin down. What a show for the crowd.
    I looked liked the 3 stooges all rolled up in one.
    Dragon
  • November 17, 2010 12:43 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    You would felt even dumber when the same vibration happened as you rode off in the tow truck!

I'm glad that didn't happen...lol

• 5420 posts
    October 6, 2011 8:08 AM PDT
    I just made a bowl of New England Clam Chowder brought it to my desk and put a big ol spoonful in my mouth without checking first to see how hot it was.

Took me twenty minutes to clean my desk, the monitor and my keyboard!!!!!

At least the clam chowder was cool enough to eat when I was done.
    • 0 posts
    October 6, 2011 8:42 AM PDT
    Well Lucky that reminded me of one of mine earlier this year..As most of you know we had bloody huge floods here in January this year.Old mate rocks up with a honda street bike saying he was from one of the badlt affected area's and his bike had been under 10 foot of water for a few days.He then tell us he has no insurance and we sorta went "OH SHIT POOR BASTARD"..After pressure washing the bike to get the worms and frogs out of the airbox and removing mud from places mud should never be we dumped the "oil" and water filled it up with fresh oil and decide its time to crank it..We crank her over and she starts Lotti gives her a friggin big rev emptying the pipes of a shitload of muddy water worms and frogs at a ballistic rate straight at the front desk computer and prepared invoices..It took up about 3 hours and alot of beers to clean up the big shit fight..We didnt charge old mate for getting his bike going coz the poor bastard had enough on his plate but shit it turned into a big job with the cleaning up..So if ya gotta flood bike to fix face the bastard out the door to start it..CHEERS BOOF
    • 5420 posts
    December 31, 2012 5:25 AM PST
    Time to bring back this old topic again...

This morning it was pretty cold here for So Cal, so when Laura went out the first time to start her car she came in to tell me there was ice on the car windows.  Okay, that happens here once or twice a year.  When she went back out to leave she came back in and said "where's the camera?, the neighbors car has snow on it and I have to get a picture". Well this I had to see so I went out to find that someone had toilet papered the neighbors car and it got wet had frost on it.   BTW - Laura was born and raised in Southern California!!!

• 834 posts
    July 18, 2013 1:03 PM PDT
    Poor Laura. But funny!
  • September 1, 2013 5:10 AM PDT
    dummiest thing I've did lately was to expect things to go right for a change
  • September 2, 2013 7:40 AM PDT
    Made a bet I could go without beer for 90 days and then let our oldest daughter move back home with our grandkids...pure genius!!!
  • September 3, 2013 3:36 AM PDT
    I ran out of gas.

Coming home from work, the little bar dropped to just one - so I figured I had about thirty miles before I needed gas.
    I rode around a bit - still one bar. It normally goes all flashing "Fuel" and nothing else when I get low... but still one bar.

I was thinking, man, that last gallon is hanging in there! But I still had one bar...

I went back out for some breakfast.... and I got a couple miles from the house - middle of nowhere, naturally... and it died on me. ( no reserve tank ). I sat there thinking, "I still had one bar!! It wasn't even flashing!!" and "Great, now I can't depend on my gas gauge!!"

Worst of all... I left my AMA card in my other wallet.

Fortunately, I had just started walking back towards the house when a nice lady stopped and got a neighbor to pour in a gallon of gas to get me to the gas station.
    • 5420 posts
    November 26, 2013 6:41 AM PST
    Okay, this had to be one of my dumbest moments - my son is still laughing!!!

Did you ever notice how much orange popsicles that are frost-bitten look just like frozen corn dogs... right up until you COOK them...

(and I was really in the mood for corn dogs)

• November 26, 2013 11:01 AM PST
    You know that scene in "A Christmas Story" when the kid double dog dares that other kid to stick his tongue on a frozen flagpole?

Well..

Wait a minute, what was the question?

Oh shoot... nevermind.

• November 26, 2013 11:51 AM PST
    I do dumb quirky stuff all the time!! One hour with me and you would be laughing and shaking your head. :-D
    One thing I'm notorious for is looking for my cell phone all over the place. Someone always seems to point out that it's in my back pocket...and my tunes are playing as well.
  • November 26, 2013 1:40 PM PST
    Couldn't figure out why my heated gear was not working on the way back from the HOG Chapter meeting last Saturday. Seems some dumbass forgot to plug it in to the battery lead.