HOW DID YOU GET YOUR NICKNAME?

• September 26, 2010 12:09 AM PDT
    Mine comes from the postion I played in rugby. Not knowing my real name it's what the other team always called me at the parties afterward, called me alot of other names on the pitch....lol.
  • September 26, 2010 4:36 AM PDT
    lets just say a close encounter with a moose on a ski trip, than a night on the town drinking and a moose tattoo
  • September 27, 2010 7:12 AM PDT
    I'd like to think because of the bike I ride...But am am over thirty now so maybe the butt is getting a little soft
    • 0 posts
    September 27, 2010 7:37 AM PDT
    Gary because that is my name. TJ because that is the kind of Jeep that I drive.(extreme Jeep Wrangler TJ)
    For a long while you could google GaryTJ and I would always be on the first page that comes up. (even though Gary T. Johnson was giving me a run) Now I am still on the first page (Mostly) but on the motorcycle end of it.
    • 1 posts
    September 27, 2010 3:46 PM PDT
    Pretty much cause I'm always bailing everyone out of trouble... Normally bike problems.
    • 1780 posts
    October 2, 2010 5:34 PM PDT
    Mine came during my VietNam tour.......I would love to make up some really cool shit like the VC saw me lighting farts and call me Dragon, but that would only be bull shit......So I throught I would try flame blowing ......you know where you put highly explosive shit in your mouth and blow it out over a lit object. You know at 19 you still fall into the dumb ass catagory. Well everyone started calling me Dragon, and of course it looks better at night....hence....Night Dragon
    Oh yea don't do this with a mustach!!!!
    Night Dragon.
    • 580 posts
    October 2, 2010 8:54 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    Mine came during my VietNam tour.......I would love to make up some really cool shit like the VC saw me lighting farts and call me Dragon, but that would only be bull shit......So I throught I would try flame blowing ......you know where you put highly explosive shit in your mouth and blow it out over a lit object. You know at 19 you still fall into the dumb ass catagory. Well everyone started calling me Dragon, and of course it looks better at night....hence....Night Dragon
    Oh yea don't do this with a mustach!!!!
    Night Dragon.

--- or a hairy chest!!    
  • October 2, 2010 10:53 PM PDT
    I would like to think I know the Dyna pretty good. And I'm not a Gynecologist but I'll take a look!!!
    • 513 posts
    October 3, 2010 3:20 AM PDT
    Dyna because I used to have a Dyna Wide Glide for years.

Simples!
    • 823 posts
    March 19, 2012 1:45 PM PDT
    I looked this forum up because I got to thinking that maybe some of you don't know what a Guero is.

Here is the definition:

Güero [ˈweɾo] or [ˈɡweɾo] is a word used in Mexico to denote a person of fair complexion or with blond or red hair. The feminine form is güera. Although Güero/a typically refers to a blond person, in Mexico, it can mean anyone of lighter hair, even a person with light brown hair, especially auburn hair. This is opposed to "indio", "moreno" or "prieto", who are of dark brown or black hair and of browner skin tones and/or Amerindian or Afro-Mexican origin.
    Guero is from the nahuatl, the language of the aztecs and it means "yellow palid" and it was used to describe "palid color skin people" (Europeans). It was a derogatory term.

Basically I have been around Mexican people all my life and have always been called, affectionately mostly, Guero. In Spanish the G is pronounced as W. So I am Wed (as in wedding) Oh. Wed-Oh, lol. Just thought I might clear that up. Some people know me as Curtis, mostly white people...........
  • March 19, 2012 1:59 PM PDT
    when I was a bit younger, I was called Beano, That's back when I smoked the gonja did a lot of speed.
    Did I just say that ? haha
    • 823 posts
    March 19, 2012 2:04 PM PDT
    Rob100ci wrote...
    when I was a bit younger, I was called Beano, That's back when I smoked the gonja did a lot of speed.
    Did I just say that ? haha

I thought we all did that when we were younger.............didn't we???

• March 19, 2012 2:08 PM PDT
    Yeh we did...
  • March 19, 2012 2:55 PM PDT
    Olenorthpole - being of Norwegian heritage; the Ole just kinda stuck (from the Ole and Lena jokes). Spent most of my life within an hour of the Canadian border in North Dakota, relatives down south called me Northpole - somehow the two got combined.
  • March 19, 2012 3:13 PM PDT
    ...hit puberty...
    • 1855 posts
    March 19, 2012 3:26 PM PDT
    Really quite simple. JA is just a web name. My handle is Doc...been that way for 40 years plus...a medic in Nam and a short stint as a male nurse after the military..

Peace
  • March 19, 2012 10:40 PM PDT
    Not sure about over there...but here its a case of your Bros give you your nickname/handle for either something you are good at - or stupid for doing!!!

No-one here picks their own nickname, its always Bro's  from your Brotherhood, no matter if its through Club life, or just your regular riding crowd.....

I have been around a long time but its the Bikers that came before me knew what they were doing and we picked it up from them - who are we to go against what we perceived as being a tradition.....

11 of us started riding at 9 years old...and then on the road at 11years old..... Only 2 of us are alive now...I got my nickname/handle very early during this early time.....

One of the crowd had a dad who was very accepting of the fact that we were playing with bikes, learning to fix them, do maintenance when neccesary, and take them to a grass track behind his house that was used on quite a few weekends for grass track racing...we used to go there after school and anytime we wanted, often when we didn't bother going to school.....

Anyhow, to the point...When we had started riding on the road I would ride up his driveway and kick the stand down...most of the bikes I had back in the day leaked oil, we used to strip and fix them with sealer and make our own gaskets from cereal box cardboard, it would last a week or so and then we would do it all again...good practice for later in life...EVERY time I turned up his mother would say, "Here Comes That Damn Oilslick Again", she would come out and stick a drip pan under my bike, and it became a joke, and then it stuck.....for a short while everyone called me the Oilslick but then it just got shortened to "Slick"  and thats what it has been ALL my adult life...

So even though it was not actually my Bro's who named me it WAS in the company of them!!!

The Jetman bit was just simply because I am the guy with the jet trike...no rocket science there right?
    • 9 posts
    March 20, 2012 1:31 PM PDT

Well I coulda sworn I had my "testimony" about my handle up here before...but thinkin' back on it, I'm gonna go with BadInfluence on this, and take the 5th.  My previous post may have been a little too "graphic".  So, I'mma do the right thing this time and tell ya'll, that if'n ya want the "WHOLE" story...send me a PM. 
    I'd be happy to tell ya the vivid details...lmao!!! 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• March 20, 2012 6:22 PM PDT
     Ninja Bandit... I have no idea why...
    • 80 posts
    March 21, 2012 1:58 AM PDT
    Submarines are the wolves of the sea in warfare. I served on diesel subs and later on nuclear boats. The bikers that I rode with when not underway tagged Seawolf on me during the early 70's in California. My first nuc boat assignment was on USS Seawolf SSN575 out of Vallejo.
  • March 21, 2012 6:07 AM PDT
    Seawolf wrote...
    Submarines are the wolves of the sea in warfare. I served on diesel subs and later on nuclear boats. The bikers that I rode with when not underway tagged Seawolf on me during the early 70's in California. My first nuc boat assignment was on USS Seawolf SSN575 out of Vallejo.

Hey Seawolf.....Did you ever know someone by the name of Steve Morgan on those Nuke ones?   When he retired the US Navy he retired as "Rear Admiral Steve Morgan" US Navy Retired...he lives over here now...not far from me on the outskirts of London.....I go round his house when parties are happening there...its all so very very posh.....lol.....

But Know This..... We INSISTED he still fly his flag outside his house .... he did not want to upset any neighbours...so I said "Screw them, if they aint up for it then they can swivvel!!!"   ... As his wife is English he also flies the Limey Brit flag too.....lol.....
  • March 21, 2012 6:48 AM PDT
    One of my nicknames is Donk. The reference came from the crocodile dundee movie.
    Some friends of mine were putting the cap on the back of a 1966 Toyota land cruser. They were
    having a hard time putting it in place. i got frustrated and climbed inside the tailgate put the cap on my back and moved it into place. My friend said it was great having a donk around. the name stuck.
    • 80 posts
    March 21, 2012 8:52 AM PDT
    Jetman wrote...
    Seawolf wrote...

Hey Seawolf.....Did you ever know someone by the name of Steve Morgan on those Nuke ones?   When he retired the US Navy he retired as "Rear Admiral Steve Morgan" US Navy Retired...he lives over here now...not far from me on the outskirts of London.....I go round his house when parties are happening there...its all so very very posh.....lol.....

But Know This..... We INSISTED he still fly his flag outside his house .... he did not want to upset any neighbours...so I said "Screw them, if they aint up for it then they can swivvel!!!"   ... As his wife is English he also flies the Limey Brit flag too.....lol.....

I didn't know  him Jetman.  I was a bit early in life for the nukes.  I only served on two before I retired.  The majority of my boats were diesels which I will never regret.  Never a quiet day or night on those boats.  I was a COB on my last three boats including the nukes.  Ask the Admiral about the term COB
  • March 21, 2012 9:03 AM PDT
    I shall do matey, I shall ask him which ones he served on as well, I know he was a Captain or Commander or whatever your ranks are there of one of the Big Nukes...he IS over 65 years young now...lol...
  • March 21, 2012 6:02 PM PDT
    In Combat Vets we have an Army Admiral... yes he was an Army Officer who actually got his HMMV into a situation involving too much speed while maneuvering around a pond... long story short, that HMMV ended up in the water with him on top of it (Wish I had the damn picture) and is now forever known as the Admiral! Great guy, fun to hang with but he earned his name the hard way!