Your Bike v You're O'lady

• September 10, 2010 9:33 AM PDT

If you're o'lady gave you an option the bike or me has to go which would you choose? Or for the lady riders the bike or him?

• 19040 posts
    September 10, 2010 9:38 AM PDT
    Don't have a Lady right now but if I did I still wouldn't touch this one...
    • 0 posts
    September 10, 2010 9:42 AM PDT
    Ive always had a bike....
    • 2072 posts
    September 10, 2010 10:15 AM PDT
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER WILL ROBINSON !!!!!!
  • September 10, 2010 10:30 AM PDT
    There seems to be more problems here than just a Bike in the garage..
  • September 10, 2010 11:00 AM PDT
    No. If I got sold the bike the old lady would get rid of me.
    • 568 posts
    September 10, 2010 12:34 PM PDT
    'tis an auld tricky one alrite, this one: after my crash 1 year ago (i'm still off, injured), t' other half tried ta pull that one on me, half-heartedly I must say. 'dear love, i'm gonna miss ya!' says I... we still together, and I can't wait ta get back on the bike!
    • 0 posts
    September 10, 2010 12:40 PM PDT
    I have never let my wife dictate to me any ultimatum. I trained her early, LOL

I let her win some battles to keep the peace, but would not accept any ultimatum from her that had meaning to me, just as I would never subject her to one that had meaning to her.

She can have her life, just as I can have mine, and them we have our life. We don't have to do everything together.
  • September 10, 2010 12:46 PM PDT
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER WILL ROBINSON !!!!!!
     LMFAO! 
    • 1 posts
    September 11, 2010 2:32 AM PDT
    hgsc90 wrote...
    There seems to be more problems here than just a Bike in the garage..

• 1516 posts
    September 11, 2010 3:36 AM PDT
    I would really miss him.. oh wait.. it's his bike.. hmm tuff question.
    • 1780 posts
    September 11, 2010 5:48 AM PDT
    OK this should step on some toes......but as most of you know I'm good at it, and for the most part...don't care!............One thing I have to say is If I called my wife an "Old Lady" she would slap the shit out of me, and I would deserve it. Man that Old Lady term is way Old School. Sorry I think it sounds cheap and degrading.
    Now to address the post at hand.......I would rather sleep in the house than the garage. At my age Divorce is way hard on ya, and I don't have the strength to go through it again!
    Sleeping in the castle ...Dragon
    • 1161 posts
    September 11, 2010 10:34 AM PDT
    I'm Working on  a Devorce and working on getting a bike...   So you know where I stand now.
  • September 11, 2010 10:44 AM PDT
     i can't say a word here kid, you know me, you know things i have done. not going there
    • 58 posts
    September 11, 2010 11:23 AM PDT
    Peace and harmony in the house is why I have my bike now.
    • 1509 posts
    September 11, 2010 11:51 AM PDT
    I'd still rather ride the Old Lady than ride the scoot
    • 1509 posts
    September 11, 2010 11:56 AM PDT
    • 1516 posts
    September 11, 2010 2:06 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    OK this should step on some toes......but as most of you know I'm good at it, and for the most part...don't care!............One thing I have to say is If I called my wife an "Old Lady" she would slap the shit out of me, and I would deserve it. Man that Old Lady term is way Old School. Sorry I think it sounds cheap and degrading.
    Now to address the post at hand.......I would rather sleep in the house than the garage. At my age Divorce is way hard on ya, and I don't have the strength to go through it again!
    Sleeping in the castle ...Dragon

Gotta pick your battles Dragon.. you are really good at it..

• 1066 posts
    September 12, 2010 2:44 PM PDT
    Well, I've got to agree with the Dragon on this one, especially the cheap and degrading part. And Brother Dragon, let me say this. Since I have met Debby, I'll kick your ass if you call her an Old Lady. Ha Ha, enjoy sleepin in the house Dude.
  • September 12, 2010 11:13 PM PDT
             if someone told me its me or the bike I would pick the bike. If they really loved me than they would know how important that aspect of my life is and never even think to ask but i am also selfish self centerd and  single
  • September 13, 2010 3:43 AM PDT
    my wife would make me sleep in the garage if i got rid of our bikes!
    • 846 posts
    September 13, 2010 5:26 AM PDT
    My riding is part of who i'm so asking me to stop is like trying to change who I am. That's all I got to say.
    • 223 posts
    September 13, 2010 5:51 AM PDT
    A real woman or a real man, would not demand that their partner make a choice if they truly loved them.  While our relationship always comes first, the riding is part of who and what we are.  While each circumstance is going to be different, you don't barter with someone's love and affection, let alone manipulate it or make demands of it.

Only if the individual is dangerous, reckless, and an idiot and doesn't deserve to be riding in the first place, should he or she be told to get rid of the bike.  When he feels the need to ride alone, he doesn't need my permission, when I rode alone, I didn't need anyone's permission either.  If you ride, then you understand.  Simple as that.

I've referred to my husband as "My Old Man" on occasion, but it just doesn't feel right.  He's not an old man and he's not "mine," I'm just fortunate enough that he shares himself with me in the ways that he does, which is pretty much in all ways.

• 834 posts
    September 13, 2010 5:57 AM PDT
    bullmoose wrote...
             if someone told me its me or the bike I would pick the bike. If they really loved me than they would know how important that aspect of my life is and never even think to ask but i am also selfish self centerd and  single

Why would someone who cares about you even ask you to make a choice like that?

• 5420 posts
    September 13, 2010 5:59 AM PDT
    That's easy. Just tell her that you really do love her, and you will miss her dearly!