Your Bike v You're O'lady

• September 13, 2010 6:06 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    That's easy. Just tell her that you really do love her, and you will miss her dearly!

thanks lucky, couldn't say it better. i have made this choice in the past, haunts me still today.  me and the azkid are ex inlaws/outlaws, we got some history, more to follow i am sure. my best bud.
  • September 16, 2010 5:42 AM PDT
    Well my ol' lady (and yes I use that term and always have and she ever slapped the shit outta me she's gonna get the shit slapped outta her right back) but after 3 wives I have learned that if marriage is the option then she understands that the bike is part of the family and always will be. I've had bikes longer than all my wives put together and if my ol' lady decides she wants to depart because she wants to change me, then that's her problem not mine.
    I'm sure I'd miss her but if she made me sell my bike I'd hate her.
    • 580 posts
    September 16, 2010 11:06 AM PDT
    Get her her own bike. That way she'll experience first hand the pleasures of being on the open road and blowing away the cobwebs so would never dream of giving you any such ultimatum. (o:
    • 58 posts
    September 16, 2010 3:13 PM PDT
    My better half won't even ride with me, much less get on her own bike. At least she is the main reason though that I have this bike now. Very supportive of my habit. LOL Any ideas on how to get her in the wind? (That won't cost me my head.) (o:
  • September 21, 2010 6:54 PM PDT
    Just get her on to it on a nice sunny day and take her for a nice slow cruise, do it in front of her friends too.
  • September 23, 2010 11:27 AM PDT
    I got this bike for my wife. It was a good trade. (fortunately she isn't a Cyclefish member) :-)
    • 580 posts
    September 24, 2010 10:54 AM PDT
    Olenorthpole wrote...
    I got this bike for my wife. It was a good trade. (fortunately she isn't a Cyclefish member) :-)

ROTFL
    • 25 posts
    September 25, 2010 5:19 AM PDT
    If a guy EVER allowed me to pull a stunt like that and he actually DID get rid of his bike, I'd kick his @ss to the curb for having no b@lls.

As for my choice? My bike vibrates. Nuff said.

• September 25, 2010 5:31 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    OK this should step on some toes......but as most of you know I'm good at it, and for the most part...don't care!............One thing I have to say is If I called my wife an "Old Lady" she would slap the shit out of me, and I would deserve it. Man that Old Lady term is way Old School. Sorry I think it sounds cheap and degrading.
    Now to address the post at hand.......I would rather sleep in the house than the garage. At my age Divorce is way hard on ya, and I don't have the strength to go through it again!
    Sleeping in the castle ...Dragon

ND ~ I have to agree with you and might I add ~ my Father would smack me from Heaven for refering to her as 'My Old Lady' ~ we learned that as young boys...

and I don't think it's just a matter of age ~ the 'alternative' is hard on anyone at any age. I for one like to sleep in the house ~ but not alone either. It's more important when it's a home...

Oh ~ did I mention she likes the new Mustang seat? HA HA HA!!!

• September 25, 2010 4:25 PM PDT
    Blackpearl wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...
    OK this should step on some toes......but as most of you know I'm good at it, and for the most part...don't care!............One thing I have to say is If I called my wife an "Old Lady" she would slap the shit out of me, and I would deserve it. Man that Old Lady term is way Old School. Sorry I think it sounds cheap and degrading.
    Now to address the post at hand.......I would rather sleep in the house than the garage. At my age Divorce is way hard on ya, and I don't have the strength to go through it again!
    Sleeping in the castle ...Dragon

ND ~ I have to agree with you and might I add ~ my Father would smack me from Heaven for refering to her as 'My Old Lady' ~ we learned that as young boys...

and I don't think it's just a matter of age ~ the 'alternative' is hard on anyone at any age. I for one like to sleep in the house ~ but not alone either. It's more important when it's a home...

Oh ~ did I mention she likes the new Mustang seat? HA HA HA!!!
    I changed the seat with my passenger in mind, butt mine is good to me also..

• 86 posts
    September 26, 2010 8:05 PM PDT
    Well we just bought a bike for my wife.....so if mine had to go so would hers...I think I'm safe....lol
    • 580 posts
    September 27, 2010 12:58 AM PDT
    MrLee wrote...
    Well we just bought a bike for my wife.....so if mine had to go so would hers...I think I'm safe....lol

Nice move MrLee