Psyched for Sturgis!!!

• July 20, 2010 2:50 PM PDT
    10 days and a wakeup until I roll out!

I've got a staging area for my gear set up in the hallway, stuff half-packed in the T-bag, saddlebag liners, and Lid-saks, checking the weather on my route 10 days out, doing internet searches for cool unique places to eat on the trip.

The OL must think I'm nuts, but she's cool with it all..

I think it's just an acute case of rally fever.

I'm sure it will pass.

• July 20, 2010 3:16 PM PDT
    Rexbo47 I would laugh but I just got finished setting up the tent to make sure it is ok from Redwood Run last year! I am way ahead of ya on the route stuff but no packing until next week! Will be happy to meet ya when we all arrive! As for the weather, well we are going rain or shine so I think last minute on that:-).My OL knows I aint right lol!
  • July 20, 2010 3:45 PM PDT
    Man, gotta put up the tent in yard this week. make sure i got heavier stakes. even got an inflatable nightstand w/ checkerboard on top and cooler inside. how cool is that? well, goin to brickyard race this weekend for nascar. im kinda liking this summer eh?
  • July 20, 2010 3:57 PM PDT
    Looking forward to the M&G.

I'll make sure to print the freakin' map so's I can find the CF site and not end up on the other side of the campground like I did at Redwood.

Rain or shine, fo sho!
    • 1516 posts
    July 20, 2010 4:12 PM PDT
    I am pretty stoked too. I have never been before so it will be a new experience.. looking forward to meeting up with Claudia and finding all the best places to eat!!!
  • July 20, 2010 4:43 PM PDT
    debrajo62 wrote...
    I am pretty stoked too. I have never been before so it will be a new experience.. looking forward to meeting up with Claudia and finding all the best places to eat!!!

I booked some meals with my campground reservation but I'll be looking for unique local fare also.

Indian tacos!  Yeah!
  • July 20, 2010 7:09 PM PDT
    I leave in 16 days!
  • July 20, 2010 10:03 PM PDT
    leave in 9 days and been busy getting both bikes the truck and trailer ready. I like to get there the week before, its great to watch the people roll in and see everything get set up, plus I can get all my rides in before the rush and just party for the rally. Last year I was there a few days after the rally and that was fun too watching all the locals wind down.
    • 467 posts
    July 21, 2010 2:52 AM PDT
    People are rolling by the house in greater numbers from sun up to sun down every day! I just wish I could get there when things start up! Gotta do the family thing in the Colorado mountains first though--so I will see everyone on Tuesday! I've got some tourist maps for everybody!
  • July 21, 2010 9:54 AM PDT
    Cant wait to meet everyone and Do the mother rally again!
    • 910 posts
    July 21, 2010 10:57 AM PDT
    yeah, my tent issues were a bit different. it set up fine. But the one I had to use on this trip is my son's old one because my ex has the new one I bought before we split, so I woke up in a puddle. Thanks to bikersarge generously giving me an air mattress to use after the KY M&G, even if it rains at Sturgis I shouldn't wake up in a puddle. :-)
  • July 21, 2010 11:23 AM PDT
    so wish we could be there...maybe next year....I want to see lots of pictures
    • 910 posts
    July 21, 2010 11:24 AM PDT
    oooh I just counted.. I've been on the road for about 47 days now and I have about 17 more to go until I get to Sturgis. :-)
    • 910 posts
    July 21, 2010 11:25 AM PDT
    MDBikerGal wrote...

me too me too me too me too me too!!!
  • July 21, 2010 1:18 PM PDT
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    MDBikerGal wrote...

me too me too me too me too me too!!!

With any luck at all, you'll be in some of them!

• 5420 posts
    July 21, 2010 4:53 PM PDT
    I am sooooo ready.  Finally got everything shipped off to the Buffalo Chip today.  That is such a great service, makes it nice to not have to carry so much on the bike.

Now just need to change the oil, and get a new tire on the back and I am ready to go!!!
  • July 21, 2010 5:42 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    I am sooooo ready.  Finally got everything shipped off to the Buffalo Chip today.  That is such a great service, makes it nice to not have to carry so much on the bike.

Now just need to change the oil, and get a new tire on the back and I am ready to go!!!

Shipping your gear makes sooo much sense!

I want to have the option to camp on the way up but I may ship some of it home rather than schlep it on the bike.
  • July 22, 2010 8:57 AM PDT
    I can't wait
    • 5420 posts
    July 22, 2010 10:07 AM PDT
    Rexbo47 wrote...
    Lucky wrote...

Shipping your gear makes sooo much sense!

I want to have the option to camp on the way up but I may ship some of it home rather than schlep it on the bike.

Yeah, since I am riding two-up, and will be there an entire week, no way could I fit it all on the bike.  We do it for the weekend rallies, but we are camping for 7 nights in Sturgis, and I need the BIG tent, ice chest, stove, etc...plus all the CycleFish banners and goodies!
    • 467 posts
    July 22, 2010 11:06 AM PDT
    If you think of anything after the last minute, feel free to contact me as I will be leaving Newcastle for Sturgis about 8 am Tuesday am.
  • July 22, 2010 12:55 PM PDT
    Return Ship is the only way to go... when you're done you pack your shit and it drop it off... all paid for in advance:-)
  • July 24, 2010 2:33 PM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    Return Ship is the only way to go... when you're done you pack your shit and it drop it off... all paid for in advance:-)

A happy thought indeed!
    • 467 posts
    July 25, 2010 3:03 AM PDT
    And if you were just going straight to the campground--there is also the "catered camping" service. You can rent all the camp gear you need right there at the campground along with laundry services and even a golf cart.
  • July 25, 2010 4:41 AM PDT
    MDBikerGal wrote...

Reading through this thread is making me long to be with everyone from the Kentucky meet and greet! Wish I could be there to meet the rest of the CF family that didn't make it to Kentucky. Maybe next year!
    I'll be living vicariosly through all fo you there, so make sure you keep us updated and take lots of pics. 
  • July 25, 2010 5:49 AM PDT
    CycleFish cooler got here! Looks like the box to ship out is almost complete! Yaa whoo....Will be getting the rest of the crap worked out this week then on the home stretch for departure baby!